New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Video shows man forcibly removed from United flight from Chicago to Louisville

Ang simple-simple ng ganyan problem. Why let the computer choose at random? Why not ask the last passenger. Kung ako ayan make it $3000 and 7days and 6nights hotel stay. (ayaw nyo ako pasakayin so magbabakasyon ako ulit. )

Tapos kinakaladkad nyo pa parang biik oink oink oink. Eh ano tingin nyo sa dami pasahero hindi yan vivideohin ng kanilang "handheld cctv"

Tumataginting na milyones of $$$$$ ang demanda dito.

A video posted on Facebook late Sunday evening shows a passenger on a United Airlines flight from Chicago to Louisville being forcibly removed from the plane before takeoff at O€™Hare International Airport.

The video, posted by Audra D. Bridges at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, is taken from an aisle seat on a commercial airplane that appears to be preparing to take flight. The 31-second clip shows three men wearing radio equipment and security jackets speaking with a man seated on the plane. After a few seconds, one of the men grabs the passenger, who screams, and drags him by his arms toward the front of the plane. The video ends before anything else is shown.

A United spokesperson confirmed in an email Sunday night that a passenger had been taken off a flight in Chicago.

"Flight 3411 from Chicago to Louisville was overbooked," the spokesperson said. "After our team looked for volunteers, one customer refused to leave the aircraft voluntarily and law enforcement was asked to come to the gate.

"We apologize for the overbook situation. Further details on the removed customer should be directed to authorities."

Bridges, a Louisville resident, gave her account of the flight Sunday night.

Passengers were told at the gate that the flight was overbooked and United, offering $400 and a hotel stay, was looking for one volunteer to take another flight to Louisville at 3 p.m. Monday. Passengers were allowed to board the flight, Bridges said, and once the flight was filled those on the plane were told that four people needed to give up their seats to stand-by United employees that needed to be in Louisville on Monday for a flight. Passengers were told that the flight would not take off until the United crew had seats, Bridges said, and the offer was increased to $800, but no one volunteered.

Then, she said, a manager came aboard the plane and said a computer would select four people to be taken off the flight. One couple was selected first and left the airplane, she said, before the man in the video was confronted.

On Monday, United released a statement from CEO Oscar Munoz: "This is an upsetting event to all of us here at United. I apologize for having to re-accommodate these customers. Our team is moving with a sense of urgency to work with the authorities and conduct our own detailed review of what happened. We are also reaching out to this passenger to talk directly to him and further address and resolve this situation."

Bridges said the man became "very upset" and said that he was a doctor who needed to see patients at a hospital in the morning. The manager told him that security would be called if he did not leave willingly, Bridges said, and the man said he was calling his lawyer. One security official came and spoke with him, and then another security officer came when he still refused. Then, she said, a third security official came on the plane and threw the passenger against the armrest before dragging him out of the plane.

The man was able to get back on the plane after initially being taken off €“ his face was bloody and he seemed disoriented, Bridges said, and he ran to the back of the plane. Passengers asked to get off the plane as a medical crew came on to deal with the passenger, she said, and passengers were then told to go back to the gate so that officials could "tidy up" the plane before taking off.

Bridges said the man shown in the video was the only person who was forcibly removed.

"Everyone was shocked and appalled," Bridges said. "There were several children on the flight as well that were very upset."

The flight was delayed around two hours before it could fly to Louisville, and it arrived in Kentucky later Sunday night. No update was given to the passengers about the condition of the man forcibly removed, Bridges said.

The Chicago Department of Aviation said Monday afternoon that it had placed the security officer who pulled the man out of his seat on leave pending a €œthorough review€ of the situation.

The aviation department said in an emailed statement that the incident wasn€™t in accordance with its standard operating procedure and the officer€™s actions €œare obviously not condoned by the Department.€

The department confirmed that all three men who were seen on video talking to the man who was removed from the flight were aviation security officers.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the last time i was given an opportunity to give up my seat for a round-trip ticket (s'pore-manila) and a loaded fastfood breakfast, i readily agreed. the delay was for a couple of hours only.
    how could i refuse?
    heh heh.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I would have dragged his ass also. Flight delays are expensive..

libtards are using the race card again lol...

obama chicago cops 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I would have dragged his ass also. Flight delays are expensive..

libtards are using the race card again lol...

obama chicago cops 🤣🤣🤣

Kelan pa naging acceptable manakit at mangaladkad ng tao sa eroplano?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Why are police in the US so violent? That kind of force was so unnecessary.

What I find odd is why the doctor screamed that way and had blood in his mouth? Was he tazed?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

the chicago pd went overboard...

i was talking figuratively..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Trending boycott united

Racism Allegations in United Airlines Scandal Fire Up Chinese Internet | Variety

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Especially when the man did not violate any law? When the situation is caused by the airline itself? Their last offer was US$800 - they could have just raised that offer and see if other passengers will take it.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the last time i was given an opportunity to give up my seat for a round-trip ticket (s'pore-manila) and a loaded fastfood breakfast, i readily agreed. the delay was for a couple of hours only.
    how could i refuse?
    heh heh.

doc kung dito sa pinas nangyari eh papipiliin ka chippy or cheese curls.......

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    the chicago pd went overboard...

i was talking figuratively..

So how do you "drag his ass" figuratively?

And more importantly, why the hell will you drag his ass? Was it his fault that the flight was overbooked?

United's reason for bumping off paying customers is because they wanted their 4 employees to get on board. If they really needed those seats, why not raise the consolation money to the maximum allowable limit of $1,350? And if there still aren't any takers, what gives them the right to de-plane a customer who's paid for his flight in full and without any violation of any law?

If they weren't so damn boneheaded, they'd realize that offering more money was definitely the cheaper option compared to dragging someone out of the plane and suffering the media shitstorm they're in now.

There's a good chance United will get away with it by hiding behind corporate legalese. The CEO's statement (re-accomodation?! You dismiss that whole incident as re-accomodation?) obviously shows that there's absolutely no remorse on United's end.

Last edited by jut703; April 12th, 2017 at 01:08 AM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast