New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    getting teamed up by the "Filipino can" crowd sometimes makes me feel i'm being too negative

Last edited by ghosthunter; September 24th, 2009 at 02:56 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Democracy in the Philippines is a failed experiment.
    “I would rather have a country run like hell by Filipinos than a country run like heaven by the Americans, because however bad a Filipino government might be, it can always be improved.” - Manuel Quezon

He got what he asked for... I do think there's is still some space for improvement

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Kaya nga daw di pwede democracy sa Pilipinas dapat satin dictatorship. Democracy bagay lang sa isang bansa na matatalino ang mga tao eh dito majority BOBO kaya labas BOBO din...

Sad...but TRUE to both statements.

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    “I would rather have a country run like hell by Filipinos than a country run like heaven by the Americans, because however bad a Filipino government might be, it can always be improved.” - Manuel Quezon

He got what he asked for... I do think there's is still some space for improvement
    I doubt that Filipinos can improve...what we need is an iron fist...eliminate whoever is corrupt and does not follow the law by the book. This is the only way to produce immediate results. It might be distasteful at first...but in the long run...it will be the best for everyone. It might railroad a few good Filipinos, but they will have to sacrifice for the good of everyone.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    DemoCRAZY ang nasa Pilipinas. Kung sino lagi sa news and popular ay aya ang panalo. Madali talaga mabola mga pinoy.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Erap for president = Ultimate facepalm

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    [SIZE=3]Erap's Reelection Bid Illegal?[/SIZE]

Term of Office
    The president's six-year term begins at noon on the thirtieth day of June following the election and ends at noon of the same date six years thereafter. He/she may no longer run for re-election, unless he/she becomes president through constitutional succession and has served for no more than four years as president
    Arroyo grants pardon to Estrada
    By Lira Dalangin-Fernandez
    INQUIRER.net
    First Posted 17:37:00 10/25/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- Convicted president Joseph Estrada is a free man.
    President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo granted pardon to the 70-year-old deposed leader following a recommendation by the Department of Justice (DoJ), Press Secretary Ignacio Bunye said in a press conference on national television...

With the pardon, “Estrada has been restored his civil and political rights,” Bunye read...

Reading from the order signed by the President, Bunye said the pardon was granted after Estrada publicly agreed not to pursue any other elective office...
    you'll be the judge . . .
    Last edited by jjmd3_787; September 24th, 2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: tao lang po ...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Originally Posted by cktlcmd
    I doubt that Filipinos can improve...what we need is an iron fist...eliminate whoever is corrupt and does not follow the law by the book. This is the only way to produce immediate results. It might be distasteful at first...but in the long run...it will be the best for everyone. It might railroad a few good Filipinos, but they will have to sacrifice for the good of everyone.
    Yes we can, bro. Though things are going to get worse before they get better. We just have to believe that we can get out of this $h!th*L3 that these corrupt government officials dug for us.
    And by the way, I hope & pray that his will happen after the 2010 elections . . .

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmd3_787 View Post
    [SIZE=3]Erap's Reelection Bid Illegal?[/SIZE]

you'll be the judge . . .
    again, hinde kasi nila ginagawang"checkmate" eh...all the provision should be iron clad...itong provision ng pardon niya..eh meron nanaman lusot.

“Estrada has been restored his civil and political rights,” Bunye read...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    I am going to agree with this. Especially western-style democracy which Filipinos (esp those in the media) love to bring up upon the least amount of "human right violation"

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    I am going to agree with this. Especially western-style democracy which Filipinos (esp those in the media) love to bring up upon the least amount of "human right violation"
    Who among the presidential candidates will most likely have the most number of bleeding heart human rights lawyers and advocates in his team, the most democracy at all cost (including more poor and less educated people)? Where people power will always be followed no matter the long term consequences. Who will most likely be a populist president?

Clue: The media worship him. He doesn't look like Erap at all.
    Last edited by 4wrider; September 25th, 2009 at 02:46 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast