New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Will definitely vote this one for national office post kung sakaling ma-i-pass nya to... At least he is doing his job as a lawmaker... hindi kagaya ng ibang tongressman jan na puro pa-cute ang alam....

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    A legislated interest?

:starwars:

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    payroll ko account ko nag earn na ng interest for 1 year - P 3.00 :D

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Payroll account ko 1 peso interest nakuha ko :D

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Ano bang bangko ang nagbibigay ng pinakamataas na iterest para sa SA?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    All banks are governed by the rule of law. Otherwise they will be screwing people over their money.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    BMS savings bank and Ibank yields higher interests than Metrobank and BPI. yi lang po.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post
    All banks are governed by the rule of law. Otherwise they will be screwing people over their money.
    Hmmmm aren't they already screwing us??? I mean if we borrow money from them we are charged interest...

shouldn't it be fair that if we deposit money to them we charge them too? Regardless of how much we deposit?

Isn't that a two way street?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd propose a better measure if you really want to protect depositors. Instead of requiring that banks pay interest on savings or current deposits, I'd require them to pay a tax equivalent to the interest they charge for consumer loans (housing, auto loan, etc.), with the exception of commercial or business loans. Why does this protect depositors? It makes sure that the banks don't charge to high an interest for loans as against the interest they pay for deposits (which is next to nothing). The tax should be peso-for-peso, meaning, if the bank imposes a 32% interest for a 5-year term on a P1M loan, then for the P320,000 interest they earn, they also pay P320,000 in taxes. The measure can also impose a threshold wherein at a certain interest rate, i.e. below 10%, the banks would not be subject to the extraordinary interest income tax.

Just my thoughts.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bajumbo View Post
    Hmmmm aren't they already screwing us??? I mean if we borrow money from them we are charged interest...

shouldn't it be fair that if we deposit money to them we charge them too? Regardless of how much we deposit?

Isn't that a two way street?
    You may have misinterpreted my post. I was reacting to the post that lawmakers should not mess with banks. But there are existing banking laws.

Yes it is probably true that they are already screwing people over. But then, walang manloloko kung walang magpapaloko.

I've always treated banks as keepers or lenders, not as savings vehicles.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Lawmaker Wants Banks to Pay Interest on All Accounts