New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I am still concerned that election cheating might have happened under our very noses. Like "adjusted" results in the local level election results.

The computers used could have adjusted the actual results to the "preferred" results automatically by their software. As we have seen days before the actual election, the numbers reported by the PCOS machines sometimes do not match (not even close) to the actual count on the test ballots.
    pero naayos naman na nila diba it was attributed to the faulty CF cards?

anyway our concerns about cheating I think hinde nangyari since so far yun mga expected na mananalo kahit sa locals yun talaga ang nanalo.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    pero naayos naman na nila diba it was attributed to the faulty CF cards?
    I am not absolutely sure about it being fixed. The only sure thing we know is we didn't have enough time to test the last version/revision of the software on the CF cards before the actual elections.

How sure are we that the software wouldn't have extra commands included, especially for specific locals? (like for some people who would prefer to hang on to some political power just a bit longer).

anyway our concerns about cheating I think hinde nangyari since so far yun mga expected na mananalo kahit sa locals yun talaga ang nanalo.
    On the national level, the expected happened (more or less) but I doubt if anyone had a close eye on the local level...

What I might want to do is to recheck all the PCOS machines' CF card softwares with a set of test ballots as these are returned from their polling places. Just to double check lingering doubts on the honestly of the electronic voting system.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 11th, 2010 at 10:48 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    hindsight is always 20-20 that's why a lot of people have opposing views on the most recent elections and a great number of them will always point out what should have been done and what must be done even though some of those inputs may border on the impractical.

i say a lot of things could have gone tragically wrong yesterday and let's thank our lucky stars those things didn't occur. now that we've seen the glitches going digital entails, then preparations for the next elections will be more detailed and will be more precise - hopefully. but the thing is we're not in the clear yet so vigilance is still a must especially in the local level where the losing candidates (especially incumbent ones) may likely hole themselves in and dig trenches in their local city and municipal halls and cry out loud hysterically: "i've been cheated!"

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    huwag mainit ang ulo pag natalo ang bet...
    my bet is a landslide winner

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    No thanks to them.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nasaan na mga naysayers? isa na ako doon....hehehe

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    impressive outcome

--

ito siguro ang request ni GH

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakin...m-manual-audit
    Comelec proceeds with random manual audit
    By Abigail Kwok
    INQUIRER.net
    First Posted 12:13:00 05/11/2010

Filed Under: Elections, Eleksyon 2010
    MANILA, Philippines—The Commission on Elections on Tuesday began the random manual audit (RMA) in selected precincts across the country, results of which will be compared to the automated elections.

Parish Pastoral Council for Responsible Voting (PPCRV) chairperson Henrietta de Villa said that the pre-selected precincts have begun conducting random manual audit early Tuesday morning, after they failed to do so on Monday night.

PPCRV is the accredited citizen’s arm of Comelec.

On Monday, representatives of the PPCRV and Comelec randomly selected the precincts that will undergo manual auditing through a raffle at the Comelec command center at the Philippine International Convention Center in Pasay City.

As prescribed under Comelec Resolution 8837, a total of 1,145 clustered precincts will be chosen to undergo RMA to check on the credibility of the automated elections.
    ---

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakin...-various-areas
    Faulty poll machines delay results in various areas
    By Abigail Kwok
    INQUIRER.net
    First Posted 14:06:00 05/11/2010

Filed Under: Elections, Eleksyon 2010
    MANILA, Philippines—Faulty PCOS (precinct count optical scan) machines resulted in the delay of the transfer of voting results in various areas across the country, the Parish Pastoral Council for Responsible Voting (PPCRV) said on Tuesday.

In its latest hourly news bulletin, PPCRV said faulty PCOS machines have been reported in Maguindanao, Bulacan, Quezon City, Lanao del Sur, Basilan, Isabela, Cavite, and Marawi City.

At 8:15 a.m., the Paglat Elementary School in Maguindanao reported a delay of election results due to the lost PIN of one of its PCOS machines.

Problems encountered with PCOS machines include loss of transmission, unreadable memory cards, thermal paper errors, paper jam, and even low battery power.

“Several regions had to conduct parallel counting, wait for the technician, and call the Smartmatic center. These result to the delay of the election returns to the board of election inspectors,” the PPCRV said in its report.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    this is the first automated election system in Phil. so expect some glitches

no perfect system for everybody

software will always have some glitches

windows OS nga may mga bugs (blue screen of death ,etc)

the best to check the credibility of the system is to have a random audit test. If there is a certain inserted command in the system. they will notice that when do some test

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    At 7.2 billion pesos, we should expect zero glitches from these machines. Yes, that's not a typo. How many machines? 82,000, + 2,000. If we do the math, that's a whopping P 85,000 per machine. With the prices of computers now, don't you think that a this scanner is grossly overpriced? More importantly, can't transmit the results up to now? C'mon people! We should be more vigilant. Our pwede na yan attitude, as it has been said, has gotten the better of us if you think that this is a success. We just barely passed the standard. At P85,000 per machine, I don't expect glitches on the basic functionalities i.e. CF cards, and modems. You don't get your cars without the engine, or the brakes, or the steering not working, right?
    juz to add on to that 7.2B is just a Rental Fee from Smartmatic
    PCOS machine(s) are just rented not purchased from Smartmatic

and just a suggestion to Smartmatic; the machine where ballots are scanned should provide a Receipt after your voted was scanned in order for you to have a copy on whom you voted; para kung magkaroon ng dayaan, the people(s) can show their receipt on whom they voted for and dispute it freely - yan ang mas worry free na election sana!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ajOT View Post
    and just a suggestion to Smartmatic; the machine where ballots are scanned should provide a Receipt after your voted was scanned in order for you to have a copy on whom you voted; para kung magkaroon ng dayaan, the people(s) can show their receipt on whom they voted for and dispute it freely - yan ang mas worry free na election sana!
    the proof that you voted is right there in your right index finger and the hard copy of your ballot. the reason why they dont produce receipts of whom you voted for is the same reason they dont allow anyone to photograph and make a copy of their finished ballots, flying voting.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
kudos to Smarmatic!!!!