New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    Sayang talaga. Our country would be better off if Ninoy had been our president.
    OT:
    ano nga kaya ang sitwasyon ng pinas kung naging president si Ninoy?...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by james00112233 View Post
    OT:
    ano nga kaya ang sitwasyon ng pinas kung naging president si Ninoy?...
    Possible scenarios:

1) Peace in our time. From his experience negotiating with the Huks for their unconditional surrender, President Ninoy convinces the NPA to give up armed struggle.

The RAM boys led by Honasan wouldn't dare stage a coup against the charismatic Ninoy.

Foreign investment pours in and the Philippine economy recovers.

2) The Marcoses are still in the country, powerful as ever, and are still a force to be reckoned with. Marcos loyalists assassinate President Ninoy. Cory becomes President. RAM launches several coups and the Philippine economy sinks.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ^^

1. Ninoy wouldn't be on the P500 bill.
    2. No genuine land reform.
    3. Politics will still be the same as the 1950s.
    4. No people power and a less number of makakaliwang grupos.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    between ninoy and noynoy, ninoy definitely has more brain more guts and more capability to become a president...

but as of now choosing from a lesser evil ill choose the much lesser evil and that is noynoy...

proper *** education must be taught starting at home, not in school not in a church community or govt agencies...

if a persons morale is high no condom is needed, however we arent educated properly with this contraception, and according to church hindering the union of egg and sperm is a sin (i just came from a seminar last night and this is what the priest specifically mentioned)

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    3. Politics will still be the same as the 1950s.
    Is that good or bad? I don't know. I wasn't born yet during those times.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    Is that good or bad? I don't know. I wasn't born yet during those times.
    I don't know too. I was a 1980's baby. My first year Kas 1 professor in my university tells stories about the 50s.
    Last edited by A121; October 18th, 2009 at 12:53 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Noynoy Aquino on Education Reform

Noynoy plans to send some of the students in public schools to private schools because it is more practical than building a classroom that costs about P500,000. His computation showed that if private schools would accept a tuition fee of P8,000 then more than 60 students can be sent to a private school, and no money would go to the pockets of corrupt officials.

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/ceb...good-accompany

Gibo Teodoro on Education Reform

Our children should be well equipped with the right skills and knowledge base to be globally competitive. Gibo pushes for academic excellence and a better curriculum, because he feels, the current curriculum is light in technical skills, mathematics, and English. By recommendation, a substantial and additional two years to the original six years of elementary is needed to prepare young Filipinos for four years of secondary education.

http://gibo.ph/issue.aspx

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    Noynoy Aquino on Education Reform

Noynoy plans to send some of the students in public schools to private schools because it is more practical than building a classroom that costs about P500,000. His computation showed that if private schools would accept a tuition fee of P8,000 then more than 60 students can be sent to a private school, and no money would go to the pockets of corrupt officials.

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/ceb...good-accompany
    on paper i think this is good.. but, parang subsidized ng private school ang public school students... but sa implementation, papano? you can legislate na private schools should accept xx % of public school students as long as babayaran ng government ang fees for these students.. but, how about the balance of the backlog? will you also legislate that private school operators accept public school students even if it means financial loss??

okay to for a short term.. but i believe this shouldn't be the only step..

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    on paper i think this is good.. but, parang subsidized ng private school ang public school students... but sa implementation, papano? you can legislate na private schools should accept xx % of public school students as long as babayaran ng government ang fees for these students.. but, how about the balance of the backlog? will you also legislate that private school operators accept public school students even if it means financial loss??

okay to for a short term.. but i believe this shouldn't be the only step..
    Unfortunately, that's Noynoy Aquino's long term solution to Philippine education. But yes it should be viable as short term solution since its apparent premises are the classrooms shortage in public school and the underutilized classrooms of the private schools. Note, however, that the excess in the private school capacity is due to economic downturn that forces a lot of middle income families to cut back on education expenses. This is not expected to last since the global economy, to which our economy is intricately connected, is already recovering.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    i find the plan of gibo like a motherhood statement though ... how can you argue that you want academic excellence ..

he's not giving any solutions though on why academic excellence is poor ..the curriculum is simple because how else can you expect a teacher to be able to handle 80 students in a class .. the issue on educations is that you have no classroooms, no teachers, no books .. the budget allocation for educ is a pittance if you think how much you really need .. tapos nabubulsa pa ..

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
It's official: Noynoy Aquino to Run as President in 2010