Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty!

58 84.06%
  • Not Guilty

9 13.04%
  • i couldn't care less

2 2.90%
Page 353 of 422 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 4211
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Tupas' statement really sealed it.

It would be silly of a law if it prohibited the depositor himself from disclosing his dollar account. By Corona's logic... his signing of the waiver is illegal...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Corona: Me a Cupal.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guilty of betrayal of public trust and.... tax evasion. di siya nagbayad ng tax dun sa undeclared $2.4M and P80M.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    bale yun na yun sa prosecutors interpretation of SALN is both dollar and peso. they did not expect Corona to just admit $2.4M and P80M tapos yan lang ang panlaban nila. parang barya lang yan ah, 160M. he gets removed from office for 160M. di na sila hahabol sa mas malaki pa pera ni Corona. oh boy ...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Enrile made a nice point imho. The FCDA probihits 3RD PERSONS from revealing the $ deposits of a depositor BUT it does NOT prohibit the depositor from revealing it.

The Constitution on the other hand requires the depositor who is a government employee to declare his/her true assets, liabilities and net worth, including his/her $ deposits.

In Enrile's POV there is no conflict between the FCDA and the Constitution. The FCDA did not grant the depositor a right to witheld information regarding his/her $ deposit under the guise of absolute confidentiality. The FCDA then is a flawed excuse used by CJ Corona to not declare his $ deposits.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    For me i would like to see him aquited since the charges and evidence is so weak, a guilty verdict will be a dangerous precedent that basic human rights can be easily defeated by weak charges and evidence. what i think is best is aquit him now and re-file the case with better substance and evidence.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ FYI, this isn't a case involving violation of human rights. So you call Corona's admission of millions deposited in 4 accounts "weak" evidence?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    totoo yan kasi tina-galog lang naman nun Farinas yun speech niya kaya madali intindihin ng common Pinoys, yun speech kasi nun defense lawyer in english but it's pretty convincing. He said Corona is never tried for ill-gotten wealth or for treason. though it may seem that Corona now has 2.4M and 80M respectively, still it needs to be proven if it is ill-gotten, and he committed treason like US multinational corporations paid him money for favorable decisions.

yun kay Erap impeachment kasi maliwanag na sinabi ni Chavit nun kumukuha sila ng payola sa jueteng with bagmen etc. dito there is the money, but where did it come from? imho, to convict him now would be premature.

we cannot just judge Corona based on the fact that he admitted he has millions. senators have millions, some presidential advisers have millions. what the prosecution needs to do is to prove if its ill-gotten.

kaya parang weak nga kung i-impeach sya on the basis that he did not declare his SALN.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    totoo yan kasi tina-galog lang naman nun Farinas yun speech niya kaya madali intindihin ng common Pinoys, yun speech kasi nun defense lawyer in english but it's pretty convincing. He said Corona is never tried for ill-gotten wealth or for treason. though it may seem that Corona now has 2.4M and 80M respectively, still it needs to be proven if it is ill-gotten, and he committed treason like US multinational corporations paid him money for favorable decisions.

kaya parang weak nga kung i-impeach sya on the basis that he did not declare his SALN.
    i agree nung una medyo weak talaga yung case. pero since nagka-aminan na... the question that remained is kung ang di pag-declare sa SALN is an impeachable offence. di na rin kailangan i-prove na it is ill-gotten if manalo ang view na impeachable ang di pag-declare sa SALN ng ibang assets, esp. as large as the CJ's. as the prosecutor pointed out, me natanggal na nga sa di lang pag-declare ng pwesto sa palengke, why should the CJ be different? from way back, i read of an old gov't employee na nahatulan ng multa at pagkakulong dahil nahuli sa pagtanggap ng bribe for P500. so it riles me to know of gov't. employees getting away with millions of loot. where's the justice there?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Magugulat nalang tayong lahat pag na ACQUIT si CHIEF justice......

Impeachment against CJ Corona..