New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mimG5fuC0Rs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mimG5fuC0Rs[/ame]

what do y'all think? President Noynoy thank you!

i wonder what's next on the agenda? massive job cuts (jobs created daw nung GMA administration lang)? bye bye call centers, hahaha!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Damn! I though he promised no new taxes and instead try to make collection more efficient!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Parang balita na dati na dapat taasan yung VAT but lower yung income tax. I just hope goverment will use it on more infrastructure projects instead of babying the poor...

IMF wants next government to hike VAT

MANILA, Philippines - The International Monetary Fund (IMF) wants the value-added tax raised to 15 percent and the income tax rate slashed to 21 percent under the next administration, according to Finance Undersecretary Gil Beltran.

Beltran said he learned of the IMF position during the institution’s recent meetings in Washington, which he attended.

Raising VAT from the current 12 percent to 15 percent and cutting the income tax from 30 percent to 21 percent were mainly recommendations of University of the Philippines economists. Finance Secretary Margarito Teves has endorsed the recommendations.

“They agreed that it’s a good idea,” Beltran said referring to IMF’s stand on the proposals.

“There will be a small IMF mission to find out the policies of the next administration,” Beltran said. The mission is expected to arrive in July.

He said IMF officials believe that increasing the VAT and reducing the income tax is a feasible and doable policy and has worked in many countries.

Beltran said all presidential candidates should already be gathering their respective economic planners to thresh out their economic plans.

The DOF is still studying the impact on revenue of bigger VAT and smaller income tax.

The government wants a combination that would at least bring in more than P88 billion, which is roughly the same revenue figure achieved when VAT was raised to 12 percent from 10 percent in 2005 through the Reformed Value Added Tax Law.

In 2008, the government was able to raise P121.14 billion from the RVAT law or P32.21 billion higher than the P88.93 billion collected in 2007.

This year’s budget deficit is at P293 billion, slightly narrower than the P298.5 billion deficit incurred last year.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kaya sabi ko dati sa ibang thread noong bago pa mag election --

no matter who becomes president, he will be facing the reality of LARGE BUDGET DEFICIT

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I disagree on hiking VAT and lowering income tax. VAT kasi consumption yan eh so you make money or not you get penalized for buying products or taking services. Sa income tax the more you make the more you pay. You have the means kung baga...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i don't think it will be a wise strategy to just start throwing money at a problem and hope that it turns out OK.

there's so much tax na. income, vat, e-vat, tax on utilities, tax on fuel. what's next? double on everything?

buti sana kung free healthcare.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I disagree on hiking VAT and lowering income tax. VAT kasi consumption yan eh so you make money or not you get penalized for buying products or taking services. Sa income tax the more you make the more you pay. You have the means kung baga...
    If you have a salary of 8000 a month, a lower income tax saves you 720 pesos.

If you spend 8000 a month on groceries, supplies and utilities, that additional VAT costs you an additional 214 pesos.

This encourages you to spend a little less and allows you to save a lot more.

Taxes are unfair if they charge people more just because "they can afford it". Just because you get 16,000 a month (for example...) should you give a bigger percentage of your salary than a guy getting 8,000 a month? Pareho naman kayong tao lang, di ba? A high income tax discourages people from working harder to gain a bigger salary. Which lowers productivity. Low income taxes allow lower class and middle class people to save up and raise their standard of living.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Mental retardation at its finest

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Dagdag presyo na naman ng mga bilihin. Hirap na mag-ipon nito lalo na sa mga katulad kong istudyante. Lahat tataas

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Damn! I though he promised no new taxes and instead try to make collection more efficient!
    Promises are like drawings in the air for present day politicians. And I think he will not win if he counter the present system of election.:D

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
More Taxes! Yessss!