New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by daimengrui View Post
    They don't hate taxes. They hate bigger government. The republican tax policy is to cut taxes. Be it income tax, capital gains, or corporate, they want it lower.
    Hate bigger government? Parang lumaki nga si Uncle Sam during the Bush jr. years... May bagong mga departments pang ginawa... Department of Homeland Security which sa totoo lang baka pwede na lang gawing Bureau or Commission na lang under the Department of Defense at least wala ng isang whole cabinet position...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    They don't hate taxes. They hate bigger government. The republican tax policy is to cut taxes. Be it income tax, capital gains, or corporate, they want it lower.
    but the Republicans screwed up

the financial crisis happened under Bush

their policies failed

that's why Americans voted Obama into office

it's a vote against Republicans
    Last edited by uls; May 21st, 2010 at 02:30 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    but the Republicans screwed up

the financial crisis happened under Bush

their policies failed
    No not just the Republicans, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac failed because of Democrats. Under Republican watch no less. Both sides have bloodied hands. But it was the Democrats that passed legislation that allowed people with bad credit scores from borrowing and borrowing.

You can't really say that the taxation policy has the direct effect of the '08 collapse. It was indiscriminate borrowing as a result of that legislation.

For the sake of reference the name of the legislation in question is the Community Reinvestment Act.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    like it or not, it's now the era of big govt

the US economy is being supported entirely by the USG and the Fed

it is now the era of slow growth and high taxation

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Hate bigger government? Parang lumaki nga si Uncle Sam during the Bush jr. years... May bagong mga departments pang ginawa... Department of Homeland Security which sa totoo lang baka pwede na lang gawing Bureau or Commission na lang under the Department of Defense at least wala ng isang whole cabinet position...
    I will have to agree with this. Government spending did balloon in the Bush years. It was all spent in the War in Iraq and Afghanistan. If there was any company that benefited the most from this. It was Cheney's Halliburton

Bush did not follow the doctrine quite "religiously". That is why he failed. The war expenses, plus the housing mess all contributed to the meltdown.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    like it or not, it's now the era of big govt

the US economy is being supported entirely by the USG and the Fed

it is now the era of slow growth and high taxation
    No disagreement in that. But that era you are saying may be short lived. Already the incumbents are losing in the US Primaries. Come Nov. it will be a more hostile Congress for Obama.

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    OT na yata. napunta na kay Uncle Sam' taxes. etc.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    No not just the Republicans, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac failed because of Democrats. Under Republican watch no less. Both sides have bloodied hands. But it was the Democrats that passed legislation that allowed people with bad credit scores from borrowing and borrowing.

You can't really say that the taxation policy has the direct effect of the '08 collapse. It was indiscriminate borrowing as a result of that legislation.

For the sake of reference the name of the legislation in question is the Community Reinvestment Act.
    yes i know about the CRA

everyone should own a house

even people who can't afford it

Fannie Mae

Freddie Mac

Ginnie Mae

--

everyone can get higher education

Sallie Mae

--

healthcare

Medicare, Medicaid

--

pension

social security

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    Yes I suppose so. To be back on topic. I guess higher taxation can be justified if it can TRANSLATE directly into TANGIBLE SERVICES.

If I see an improvement in Government Services, then I'll be happy to pay the additional burden.

But it better not go to Congressmen's Range Rover vehicles or I'll go berserk, I'll buy anti tank weapons and shoot each "8" plated RR's i see on the road!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    hehe

my fault

i posted Bush kasi

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
More Taxes! Yessss!