New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lugarai View Post
    Yeah, but being a Filipino knowing your kababayans experiencing that nakakasama ng loob.
    True! Masakit lunukin pero what can you do? Those people have every rights to search the targeted citizen of the said country specially Phils is also a haven of terrorist groups, just to protect there citizens and country. We dont have this problem before till those terrorist start popping up in the Phils. Since you dont know your enemy is, everything is suspicious.

It is a matter of pride. Remember, the "pinoys" are the one going into that country as a vistors or worker...... not them.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    disappointing news coming from Israel of all places. they should remember that they are a nation of victims of racial discrimination and persecution. tapos inuulit nila sa iba

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Kasalanan din natin yan, wala tayong respeto sa sarili natin.

Imagine kawawa tayo pag tayo ang nasa bansa ng dayuhan, pero pag sila ang nandito abay nilalagay natin sila sa pedestral.

Then here comes media "How's your stay in the Philippines?"... "Do you love it here?"... worst "How do you find our Filipinas?"

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'm still inclined to learn the official reason first before condemning the treatment of Pinoys. I sent out an email to the Israeli embassy at DC.

I'm not sure if I'll get a reply. Out of 10 or so emails I sent (in the past) to various agencies both here and abroad, the only replies I got back were those from the US Embassy and my congressman (both of which were very helpful).

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    How about other places? Are we Filipinos looked down upon in other countries?

Here is a joke that I read in the Singapore newspaper The Straits Times a few years ago. It gives you an idea on what they think about us.

The joke can also be seen in http://www.desi-jokes.com/starting-young.html :

Starting Young

One day, 4 babies were born at K.K. Hospital: a German, a Jewish, a Filipino and a Singaporean.

However, someone mixed up the babies by mistake, and the nurses couldn’t differentiate between them.

However, the head sister had a bright idea. She lined the babies up in front of her and exclaimed, “Heil Hitler!”

At hearing this, the German baby raised his arm in a salute, while the Jewish baby soiled his diapers. In the meantime, the Singaporean baby turned to the Filipino baby and said, “Clean that up!”

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Diba nakaka encounter tayo ng foreigner na may B.O.

So we generalize lahat ng foreigner may B.O.

Baligtarin natin...

Kung ano ang experience nila when they encounter Filipinos, yan ang nagiging impression nila sa lahat ng pinoy.

So pag ninakawan mo ang isang foreigner, tingin nya lahat ng pinoy magnanakaw.

Pag puro pinoy ang mga katulong sa bansa nila, tingin nila sa Pilipinas bansa na puro katulong.

Kung nababalitaan nila sa news na may terrorists sa Pilipinas na kumidnap o pumatay sa kababayan nila, tingin nila sa pinoy terrorists.

ok?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    We're seeing one side of the story and an incomplete one at that.

When Pinoys are mentioned as being singled out while other foreigners are exempt, does that mean those foreigners of the Islamic faith are also exempt?***

What about say...... me. My heritage is Pinoy. If I decide to visit Israel, am I going to be subject to the same treatment even though I hold a US passport?

Questions like these need to be answered.

***If Muslims are exempt, then it's probably not the terrorist threat but rather *sigh* something more petty that they see unique to Pinoys (and something not to be proud of).
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 3rd, 2008 at 05:13 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that joke posted by donbuggy is actually quite funny if you don't take that kind of thing seriously :rofl01:

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I think the Philippine embassy should complain and send a strong worded statement (diplomatic protest) about this!! Isolated case or not its an insult to our country.

On the other hand, its a wake up call. It seems are reputation globally is not that good.

its time for us to get our acts together, work for the true progress of our nation, help each other, support pinoy industries and make us again an economic powerhouse in Asia.

kaya naman natin e, puro lang kasi minsan tayo crab mentality..we should always collectively work for the good of the country...

Kaya wag iboto ang mga hunghang na alipores ni Gloria sa 2010...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yooutube View Post
    makes you wanna thank Hitler for trying to annihilate them
    Uh, no. No one deserves death being wished upon them. And if you're Pinoy, I hope you realize what you're saying.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Hate being Filipino?