New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. FrankDrebin Guest
    The last time I've posted in a religious-related thread, I was threatened with a gun. Hehehe.

Anyway, religion is the oldest tax-free-easy-money-making business. The moment a religious leader, healer, preacher, etc. asked for money, donation, love offering or any financial help then it is all about the money.

;)

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    korek ka diyan ser frankdrebin,religion is the best money making business there is.sa states magling ka lang mag salita at mang bola kulto na ang mabubuo mo.

gaya ng nasabi dito, kung talagang nagpapagaling siya ng tao, bakit hindi siya sa mga hospital magpunta at pagalingin ang lahat ng taong kailangan gumaling
    lalo na yung mga batang merong mga sakit..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    you cannot separate money from religion. tithe, as they call it, is part of the roman catholic religion and maybe some other religions out there. in the case of roman catholics, we are not really forced to give out to church which is supposed to be 10% of your income. it is up to us how much we can afford.

in the case of fr. suarez, i'll give him the benefit of a doubt. it is unfair to judge him or anyone for that matter based on what we read or hear in the papers or internet. these people maybe voluntarily giving "donations" to him or maybe not. but he showed in TV he is planning to build a healing church somewhere in the philippines.

disrespecting others' beliefs is definitely a recipe for arguments and even violence. i would not use the term idolatry in this case. fr. suarez already made it clear that he is not the one who heals the sick. he even admitted that not all who attended his masses got cured. and i think those people out there knows that.

easy to say mind over matter until the day you or someone you know becomes so desperate because all the medicines and other related medical solutions cannot heal there sickness.

4. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    but he showed in TV he is planning to build a healing church somewhere in the philippines.
    Where do you think Fr. Suarez will get the funds to build his healing church?

;)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^and the statue of the virgin mary will be taller that the famous statue in big apple..

:popcorn:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by onat_1 View Post
    gaya ng nasabi dito, kung talagang nagpapagaling siya ng tao, bakit hindi siya sa mga hospital magpunta at pagalingin ang lahat ng taong kailangan gumaling
    lalo na yung mga batang merong mga sakit..
    I agree with this statement, why not do the rounds in all public hospitals? is it bec patients there are poor and can't give any money for the church that he is building? ....just asking...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    U get more media coverage by staging mass healing rallies, and u get less hassle by making patients go to u than u going to the patients.

The media coverage is actually free advertising which draws more people to the next mass healing rallies.

Why go to patients in hospitals (which are limited in number), when u can make patients come to you (in the tens of thousands)? Less effort diba?

Sa hospital, u have to ask permission from hospital management... and chances are di ka papayagan.

this is a money making enterprise and if u look at it from a business standpoint, it's amazing.

They get free advertising thru media coverage, they get the cooperation of local governments (until some local govts banned them), they pay no taxes, they probably dont even have to pay for the use of the venues...

Saan ka pa makakita ng ganun business?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin View Post
    Where do you think Fr. Suarez will get the funds to build his healing church?

;)
    syempre sa donations. but my point is, in my opinion, walang lokohan dito as some have insinuated. i heard him say na ndi lahat gumagaling pag pumunta sa misa niya. that's is honest enough for him to admit that.

about the donations and healing church, i like the fact that he is transparent about his plans. ndi lang naman siya ang nanghihingi na donasyon. madami pa jan, mapa relgious man o pulitiko hehehe.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    that is... if that healing church will really be built

the same way govt officials come up with ghost projects...

Or projects that get started but never get completed...

that priest said he will be returning to Canada.

So we believe that he will send funds here or leave funds here for the construction?

And we believe he has already signed contracts with builders and made a big downpayment?

I guess he has employed building managers here to look after the construction...

nag groundbreaking na ba?
    Last edited by uls; February 5th, 2008 at 12:28 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    natawa lang ako when I saw him sa TV patrol, when he was having a healing mass sa pampanga, meron isang tao doon na meron sakit tapos namatay daw while hearing the mass then binuhay daw ni suarez and nabuhay nga...so all people around him attributed this to suarez, oh ebidensiya na nakakabuhay talaga siya ng tao etc...

yun pala nun tinakbo na sa hospital namatay din yun tao.....sus...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Father Suarez:The Healing Priest