New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    for the democrats it was... first black or first woman president.. jun aka pekto is right... it should be colin powell or condi rice for me if you want both first in the history.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom View Post
    for the democrats it was... first black or first woman president.. jun aka pekto is right... it should be colin powell or condi rice for me if you want both first in the history.
    The odd thing is both of the latter two would most likely run as Republicans.

It'd be the irony of ironies if one of those two ended up as the first non-white president.

Seeing what Mccain has done for Arizona, I'm solidly in his camp. He's also a moderate Republican which means he can work and compromise with Democrats if needed be. Obama strikes me as too far to the left much like Bush Jr. is too far to the right.

We'll see. If Obama wins. I'll give him a chance. It was the same with Clinton back in the 90's. He was a question mark to me during his first term. But, he proved to be a sound president. So I voted for him in 1996.

With Hillary out, my wife's a bit pissed. Oh well. It sucks to be her. He He

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So what's the story behind Obama not showing respect for the American flag during a national anthem, as seen in this photo --> http://www.time.com/time/photogaller...446035,00.html

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^political gimmick...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177 View Post
    So what's the story behind Obama not showing respect for the American flag during a national anthem, as seen in this photo --> http://www.time.com/time/photogaller...446035,00.html

I'm hoping that was a candid shot and unintentional on his part.

He's entitled to his views. But what happens if he becomes president and people do as he did in that picture? That'll come back to haunt him later on.

He should know better. As one running for public office, he's held to a higher standard and is accountable for his actions.

It's kinda like being parents. You're constantly setting the example for your kids because "monkey see, monkey do".

Add: Anyway, if that was intentional on his part, it shows a lack of maturity. To me, he lost even more brownie points.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 14th, 2008 at 08:58 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Is it democrat's advantage having Obama as president?