New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    truth be told. i am outraged by his pardon and the way it is being defended. the ZTE's, Pidol, Fertilizer, Election, etc scandals, I could accept (but not condone), this one makes me angry. It actually makes me forget about the troubles the financial markets are in.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    DOJ to Hultmans: File your appeal before 'Jesus Christ'
    AIE BALAGTAS SEE, GMANews.TV
    10/08/2008 | 08:40 PM
    Email this | Email the Editor | Print | Digg this | Add to del.icio.us
    MANILA, Philippines — File your complaint before “Jesus Christ."

This was the advice of Justice Secretary Raul Gonzalez to the family of Maureen Hultman and those who have any objection to the executive clemency granted by President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo to convicted murderer Claudio Teehankee Jr.

Teehankee was convicted in 1992 of murder for the death of Maureen Hultman, then 17 years old; of homicide for the death of Roland John Chapman, 21; and of frustrated murder for the wounding of Jussi Leino, 24.

But he had been locked in jail since July 24, 1991, two weeks after the sensational crime took place on July 13, 1991 at the plush Dasmariňas Village in Makati City.

In an interview with the reporters on Wednesday, Gonzales was asked where those who are objecting to the release may file their appeal and he answered: "Kay Jesus Christ."

He added the pardon has already “taken effect and it can’t be taken back unless there was fraud... mathematical error and misapplication of rules."

In Malacañang, Executive Secretary Eduardo Ermita dismissed the need for the government to appease the Hultmans, saying it is not necessary.

"I understand that dahil syempre sila ang namatayan. Pero, (because of course they are the aggrieved. But) I don't see whether the government still has to do something to reach out to them. Parang siyempre aamuhin pa natin sila 'wag ka na magalit dahil tapos na' (It’s like we need to appeal to them not to get angry because it’s a done thing.) I don't think that is necessary," Ermita said.

Gonzalez and Ermita maintained that the Hultmans were aware of Teehankee’s moves to seek clemency and that the Hultman’s “did not oppose."

Gonzalez also accused the adoptive father of Maureen, Anders, of “lying" and “imagining," when he claimed that there was “corruption" involved in the release of the murderer.

“He’s imagining something that does not exist and when he’s accusing me of that. Tell him he’s a liar," Gonzalez said.

“He is lying because he was accusing me of agreeing to what Manuel Teehankee was asking me. Manuel Teehankee never asked me about the case; he just bade goodbye and said he’s hoping the expected commutation will happen," he added.

Manuel Teehankee was the younger brother of Claudio Jr. He was a former justice undersecretary and is the current Philippine ambassador to the World Trade Organization in Geneva, Switzerland.

Both Ermita and Gonzalez also contested claims by critics that Teehankee was released because he was rich and influential.

Both officials stressed that the release of Teehankee underwent proper procedures, including sending notifications to the Hultmans – a statement that was vehemently denied by the aggrieved party.

According to Gonzalez, they’ve informed the Hultmans but they weren’t in the country to receive them.

“Is it our duty to look for them in the four corners of the world? I don’t think so," Gonzalez said.

Gonzalez maintained that the government released a notification in the papers, informing the public about such move.

“There was a notice in the case of the Hultmans are early as February 2004."

Gonzalez also brushed aside the claims of the Hultmans that he was indifferent that is why the clemency pushed through.

“Bakit ko haharangin? Who is the secretary of justice to stop the President from exercising her clemency?" Gonzalez said.

President Arroyo granted executive clemency to Teehankee in a letter dated October 2 to the Office of the National Bilibid Prisons Director. GMANews.TV*

Nakakaluingkot na ganyan walang kwenta sina GMA,GONzALEZ & other cabinet members.Maraming dapat ma pardon pero inuuna pa mga mayayaman may influencia nakatulong sa election.Sana mangyari di ang execution pagpatay kina hultman,chapman & frustrated murder kay leino sa kamaganak ni GMA,GONZALEZ etc para maramdaman nila paano mamatayan tutal sinabi ni gonzlez mag appeal ang may reklamo kay JESUS CHRIST sana ma bad karma sila sana si JESUS CHRIST magpaparusa sa mga corrupt walang hinayang mga tao sa GMA government

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    sana natuluyan natigok na si GONZALEZ noon nag pa transplant siya ng kidney para mabawasan ang makapal na mukha walang hiyang tao sa mundo

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Ano po bang dahilan kung bakit pinatay ni Teehankee yong mga biktima?

Lalong dumami ngayon ang kinagagalitan ng pamilya ng mga Hultman, naging biktima na nga, naging biktima pa rin masamang sistema ng gobyerno. Darating din ang karma sa kanila, maniwala kayo kung di man sa sarili nila ay tiyak pamilya nila ang sasalo non.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    tama ba yung narinig ko na naging kaklase ni pandak yang si claudio jr? eh kaya siguro???

sunud sunod yang krimen na yan nung '91, pinerwisyo talaga si cory ng in-introduce ang high grade shabu..... i know... from then DEU.....

first it was the vizconde massacre of june 30, tapos yung kay eldon maguan na si rolito go ang bumanat in july 3, at yang kay haultman july13. torete talaga cory admin dyan without knowing na dahil sa drugs lahat.

meron pa nga yung kay arnie tuadles.... ang tsismis si J----Y daw ang bumanat talaga.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Whatever they say na no legal impediments... the clemency is just very unusual.

A double murder case and life sentences... balita pa nga di pa ganon ka remorseful si CTJ.

C'mon thoroughly reviewed by the parole board... Things like this makes the people look down in the justice system.

tama ba yung narinig ko na naging kaklase ni pandak yang si claudio jr? eh kaya siguro???

sunud sunod yang krimen na yan nung '91, pinerwisyo talaga si cory ng in-introduce ang high grade shabu..... i know... from then DEU.....

first it was the vizconde massacre of june 30, tapos yung kay eldon maguan na si rolito go ang bumanat in july 3, at yang kay haultman july13. torete talaga cory admin dyan without knowing na dahil sa drugs lahat.

meron pa nga yung kay arnie tuadles.... ang tsismis si J----Y daw ang bumanat talaga.
    Guns + drugs + low character = menace to society

How much does it cost to put a bullet in another man's head? It seems you only need "guts" to do it.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    My God, mga satanists talaga nasa Gov't natin. How dare these nincompoops use the name of the Lord Jesus Christ in vain. Reminds me of that scene in Devil's Advocate where satan went inside the Church.

As for Teehankee, one way or another he and his immediate family will pay for his crimes (oh no, it's sooo not over). Ask around people in Dasma (esp the women) and you will know. He'll definitely just continue his old perverse ways.

In hindsight, the Hultmans should've just hired someone against this son of satan. The justice system here sucks and you shouldn't let yourself be on the oppressed side one way or another.
    Last edited by Horsepower; October 9th, 2008 at 12:02 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last edited by Horsepower; October 9th, 2008 at 11:54 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I think it's the sister of Claudio Jr that was the classmate of GMA at AC.

I just saw Teehankee's room at bilibid. It seems like his bed has a down mattress pad! He also has flat screen TV and AC. Unbelievable. Dapat diyan nakipagsiksikan kasama ng regular preso
    Last edited by _Cathy_; October 9th, 2008 at 12:08 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Yeah, that Gonzalez guy is quite the character. never seems to run out of stupid things to say.

I am surprised that GMA has not said anything in public about this issue.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Claudio Teehankee Jr. Pardoned