New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Because GMA is so damn obsessed with her BALANCED BUDGET. Postpone na nila yan sa 2010 agenda tamang tama pagalis nya sa pwesto balanced budget na tayo and help subsidize rice for the meantime.
    Coz GMA is controlled by RP's lenders.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    wala kasi consumer spending ngaun na ma-i-record that's why pati basic necessities like rice, flour, hogs and other crops pinapalabas nila na mahirap para maitaas

i think I know the culprit, it's the internet blogs and the internet smugglers. ang dami dami na nabibili ngaun sa internet no need to go to malls to acquire LCD TV or nike shoes, or even shirts/brief/panties/pants/blouses.

ang mura sobra, ni hindi mo na kelangan pumunta ng greenhills or divisoria, puwede pa deliver sa doorsteps mo at +P50 or P100 lang kaysa naman pumunta ka pa sa mall or shop nila na sobra mahal gasolina or even commuting

kakabili ko lang ng 32" LCD TV na sikat na brand, damage 27k hehehe sa internet yan

that's why hindi binababa ang presyo sa mga malls or kahit sa mga legit stores, in fact lalo pa nga nila tinataas kasi nga konti lang namimili

kaya siguro some businesses are backing up the wage increase to justify their prices increases as well as to create a temporary dissent among the employees of the smugglers.

well, ito lang ang masasabi ko chain reaction yan na baka maging irreversible na. who knows, civil war next year anyone?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ringostarr View Post
    wala kasi consumer spending ngaun na ma-i-record that's why pati basic necessities like rice, flour, hogs and other crops pinapalabas nila na mahirap para maitaaswell, ito lang ang masasabi ko chain reaction yan na baka maging irreversible na.
    consumer spending record?irreversible?

i think I know the culprit, it's the internet blogs and the internet smugglers. ang dami dami na nabibili ngaun sa internet no need to go to malls to acquire LCD TV or nike shoes, or even shirts/brief/panties/pants/blouses. ang mura sobra, ni hindi mo na kelangan pumunta ng greenhills or divisoria, puwede pa deliver sa doorsteps mo at +P50 or P100 lang kaysa naman pumunta ka pa sa mall or shop nila na sobra mahal gasolina or even commuting
    hmmm.....so dapat pala sa internet na lang mag-order ng bigas, isda at baboy kasama sa pag-order ng LCD TV at nike at pati blouse para kasi mura magpa-deliver keysa mag-drive o mag-commute......

kakabili ko lang ng 32" LCD TV na sikat na brand, damage 27k hehehe sa internet yan
    What's the connection of this to the 50-100pesos wage hike of workers? In order for them to buy LCD TV via internet?

that's why hindi binababa ang presyo sa mga malls or kahit sa mga legit stores, in fact lalo pa nga nila tinataas kasi nga konti lang namimili
    Is this really happening?

kaya siguro some businesses are backing up the wage increase to justify their prices increases as well as to create a temporary dissent among the employees of the smugglers.
    a theory that needs to be verified...

who knows, civil war next year anyone?
    yeah, if they will read this post....
    Last edited by jpdm; April 22nd, 2008 at 07:28 AM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    hindi kaya i-subsidize ang rice for long sa 18-20peso level with rice expected to reach $1500/1000kg.

If GMA weren't so damned unpopular and untrustworthy this govt would survive a rice price hike. kaso increasing the price of rice will add enough anti-gma numbers to topple her.

I'll bet marami sa mahihirap ang nagdududang kumikita si GMA sa rice crisis na ito.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

With this round of pay hike,- a lot of businesses are going to be walking the tightrope....

5808:bee:

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I can already forsee more hardship for the labor market, laborers should be prepared to accept contractual jobs going forward. Regular jobs will now be reserved for higher trench employees and higher skilled employees....

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    businessmen will always find a way around labor laws made by politicians to "protect" labor (pogi points)

in the end, labor suffers even more.

Pahirapan mo lalo ang mga employers, u will end up with more jobless people.

Employers will streamline, automate...

They will do more with less...

Capitalists are very good at evolving and adapting to new environments.
    Last edited by uls; April 22nd, 2008 at 12:05 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    On the financial side of things if this passes especially kung nagkaroon ng legislated P150 wage hike across the board, then I urge you to get out of the Philippine Peso. I know we need peso to spend but what I am saying is yung kayamanan ninyo bawasan na ninyo peso nyo magkakaroon ng wage-cost spiral yan and the BSP has no alternative but to print more money

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    On the financial side of things if this passes especially kung nagkaroon ng legislated P150 wage hike across the board, then I urge you to get out of the Philippine Peso. I know we need peso to spend but what I am saying is yung kayamanan ninyo bawasan na ninyo peso nyo magkakaroon ng wage-cost spiral yan and the BSP has no alternative but to print more money
    yan kasing wage hike na yan parang lollipop na ibinibigay just to appease a population reeling from massive inflation, high petrol prices, rice and wheat crisis, high taxes and driving income.

malaki talaga impact yan sa business lalo na sa mga kawawang SME. Inflationary impact nyan sa economy.

non-wage benefits lang naman kailangan. O kaya solve the problem by focusing the underlying problems.

For instance, Go after those notorious tax evaders, technical smugglers, notorious smugglers (using custom bonded houses as fronts and freeports) and suspend the r-vat (not the e-vat).

The government should also put a brake on wanton liberalization because we are losing big time due to lower import tariffs.

Increase agricultural production.Irrigation lang naman kailangan. let the LGUs do it kasi imbes na gumawa ng waiting shed, covered basketball court si mayor gamitin sa paggagawa at rehabilitation ng farms.

Idle lands should be utilized. Sobrang dami.

Masyado kasing free wheeling ang economy.Walang control ang government. Correction may control in terms of paghingi ng kotong, tongpats, commission, lagay, bribe bago bigyan ng business permit ang negosyante.

reduce massive graft and corruption. resources are damn wasted because of this.

Kaya mataas ang bilihin. Costs of business is very high.Kailangan bawiin ng pobreng businessman ang hard earned capital nya.

Yung mga exporters hindi pa na-a-address ang problem nila with an artificially high peso value.

If this government can just improve its governance hindi magkakaganito e.

Ungas na gobyerno. Gising.
    Last edited by jpdm; April 22nd, 2008 at 06:10 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have long abandoned the idea that the government is here to hep us. Basta ako I will save my own arse whatever the government tries to do. If they decide to push with the legislated wage increase then I have to get out of the peso and buy even more foreign currencies (not USD mind you, another pathetic currency) and hard assets like gold and land to save my assets from the clutches of high inflation (worse, hyperinflation) which is the populist way of doing things during financial crisis.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Business backs pay hike Workers seek P50 to P150 increase