New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    As with my sig below, I may not agree with what they're showing, but (as long as it doesn't break any laws) it's their right. Of course, they have to be man enough to face the consequences of what they're doing. That's all there is to it.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you're within boundaries of the law, dapat huwag ka matakot, if it's your constitutional rights then the law should be behind you. it should be your anchor eh dito ang nangyayari kung sino mas maraming, mas maingay yun ang nasusunod yun ang nagiging tama. instead na mag picket sa labas ng CCP eh di dapat i-challenge nila sa court yun exhibition.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    nagkapangalan na yun artist dahil sa controversial "artworks" niya......

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    parang yung movie na Exit Through The Gift Shop

Hindi naman talaga artist yung bida.. pero dahil don sa one man show na ginawa nya.. nagkaron nang publicity.. ayun biglang sumikat at nabenta pa yung mga art works nya na mostly photoshopped lang naman.. nakuha pang designer nung CD ni Madonna..

ngayon in demand pa yung mga artwork nya at may website pa.. Mr. Brainwash Dot Com

sample of his works:

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Di na ata uso si "I was not informed..." Mideo Cruz ang kapalit niya. Umabot na sa BBC website.

BBC News - Marcos denounces Philippine 'phallic' art exhibit

Marcos denounces Philippine 'phallic' art exhibit

Former Philippine first lady Imelda Marcos has joined a growing protest over an art exhibition pairing religious icons with phallic symbols.

She said Mideo Cruz's exhibition at Manila's cultural centre had "desecrated" something sacred.

The exhibition - which features a crucifix with a model penis attached - has provoked outrage in the mainly Catholic country.

Mr Cruz says it is intended to be about the worship of icons.

The exhibition, entitled Poleteismo or Polytheism, includes a statue of Jesus with the ears of Mickey Mouse, and a wall collage featuring images from Christ and the Virgin Mary to the Statue of Liberty and US President Barack Obama.

"This speaks about objects that we worship, how we create these gods and idols, and how we in turn are created by our gods and idols," said the Filipino artist, referring to the 300 years of Spanish rule that brought Catholicism to the Philippines and the current influences from the US.

Mr Cruz admitted he wanted to provoke a reaction but has been surprised by the strength of the response, reports the BBC's Kate McGeown in Manila.

He has received death threats and hate mail, and one of his pieces has been vandalised, she says.

Mrs Marcos is one of the country's main patrons of the art and founded the cultural centre in the 1970s when her husband Ferdinand was president. She saw the exhibition for herself and said she was "shocked" by it.

"There were so many symbols of the male organ there - something sacred to be desecrated. It is sad, and it should not happen here in the cultural centre," said the 82-year-old.

Roman Catholic leaders are threatening to sue Mr Cruz and the exhibition organisers, and one group has written to the cultural centre asking for the exhibition to be taken down.

But the cultural centre insists it is fulfilling its mandate to cultivate artistic expression.

"It is part of our culture to question, to seek answers, to look behind the surface and try to dig out what our real values are," the centre's president, Emily Abrera, was quoted as saying on the website of the Philippine Daily Inquirer.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    I am not a religious person or a catholic for that matter and the artist have all the right to do what they want to do because they ain't breaking any law that's fine, pero alam naman nila how rabid most pinoys are when it comes to religious beliefs. I mean c'mon man...

Parang may karapatan akong ilagay picture ng kapitbahay namin na may nakadugtong na etits sa mukha niya sa garahe ko at ipapakita ko sa ibang kapitbahay namin, pero handa dapat ako na pag may nagkuwento sa kanya at ginulpi niya ko o binato niya auto ko tangap ko...Kaso is it worth the hassle?

Pwede naman niya ihayag sa ibang bagay siguro pagiging artist niya e. I dunno, I'm not an art connoisseur so I dunno if ganun nga ba yun na dapat weird pag art. I mean yung Monalisa wala namang etits or yung spoliarum ok naman. Why put a *** organ in someone whom people worship. Kahit mukha nga ni Marcos lagyan mo ng etits at nakita ng mga loyalista sa maliit na kahon kakasya ka pag natapos sila sayo, is it worth the hassle?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think its basically respect for other people's beliefs at the very least. Kahit si GMA or ex-FG lagyan mo ng etits sa mukha, may mahuhurt pa rin.

Most Catholics may or will be slighted but i don't think violent reactions will arise. Now, what if the said "artist" did that to, let say, something involving Islam? What would the reaction have been?

Let's face it. Our society just isn't built for that kind of expression... which is both good and bad.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Most Catholics may or will be slighted but i don't think violent reactions will arise. Now, what if the said "artist" did that to, let say, something involving Islam? What would the reaction have been?
    naku, magkakagulo pag sa islam nya ginawa yan.

pero, ang mga pari, nagi-enjoy ata dun sa "etits" eh. walang reaction ang mga pari.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dito lang uubra sa mga Muslims dahil takot tayo...tingnan mo nangyari sa France nag ban nila yun burqa. wala naman nagawa mga muslims doon.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've seen some art that's disrespectful of religious figures... but those were done in a manner that was both thought-provoking and skillfully executed.

This... isn't. Come on. Warhol was an avid fan of recycling... but this ain't high art. Not worthy of the CCP, at least. I've seen dozens of works that force us to re-visit our religious beliefs without making a tenuous and poorly defended link between the Christ figure and phallic symbols.

(Strange that we react so badly to that juxtaposition, and yet we see both items being sold on the sidewalks everywhere... or was that the point?)

Personally, I wouldn't have vandalized it. Why bring attention to it in such a public manner when you could complan to the CCP and ask for it to be taken down? This merely gets the artist's message across to more people... doesn't it? Or maybe that was the set-up, and the "vandalism" was a publicity stunt?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast