New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Guys, when we were all too busy trying to put down Erap last 2001, did it ever cross our minds who would replace him?

We were too busy with the "envelope" and the way it was ceremoniously not opened by the Impeachment Tribunal back then....

Actually...I was surprised when GMA was being sworn it at the EDSA Shrine that fateful day in January 2001...

Let's not commit the same mistake here...

Let us not be overwhelmed by the current situation...

Let's give it a thorough think through....

After all....all that we do... or not do...

TAYO ANG LALASAP NG GINHAWA MAN O KAHIRAPAN....

just my 2 centavo paalaala. . .

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    actually, I am thinking that it is futile to just oust GMA. We should replace most of the government officials and employees. masyado na embedded sa gobyerno ang katiwalian. if we want things to change drastically, we should replace most of them.

Magrarally tayo eh si GMA lang aalis, nandun pa rin yun ibang senador, nandun pa din yun mga congressmen na tiwali, nandun pa rin mga kurakot na governor, mayor etc.... pati govt agencies ang daming kurakot. eh dapat lahat yan palitan

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    +1.
    ganito lang yang. mapaalis mo si gloria. si noli papalet. sino mga sisikat para sila naman mabango sa tao? yung mga plotikong nakikiride sa sitwasyon. so paulit ulit lang talaga. kaya yung mga gusto ng pagbabago, tyaga ang kailangan. pag napaalis si gloria, makakalimutan na ule ang mga issues na dapat iresolve like what happened in edsa dos. hapy hapi na naman ang buong pilipino at wait lang natin ule ang next expose para kay noli naman ang mapatalsik.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Wala na talaga pag asa Pilipinas umasenso kapag may mga tangang senador and moronic na media plus politikong mga pare. Lagi nalang rally....mag rally sila sa gubat para hindi sila istorbo sa daan!
    Last edited by jonski; February 13th, 2008 at 11:45 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Anti-GMA rallies, prayers set starting Friday
    By Jose Rodel Clapano
    Wednesday, February 13, 2008
    Source: http://www.philstar.com/index.php?He...id=20080212119

The United Opposition (UNO) starts this Friday a series of protest rallies calling for the resignation of President Arroyo.

In a telephone interview with The STAR, former ambassador and Senate president Ernesto Maceda said the protest rally will start at 4 p.m. in front of the Ninoy Aquino monument in Makati City.

Meanwhile, former President Corazon Aquino is calling for support and prayers for embattled Senate witness Rodolfo Lozada Jr.

In a text message, Mrs. Aquino said, “Please join us for the Mass for Jun Lozada and his family on Sunday, Feb. 17 at 10 a.m. in La Salle Greenhills gym. Fr. Manoling Francisco S.J. will lead us in the Eucharistic Celebration.”

Maceda, a member of UNO’s committee of elders, said that the opposition has agreed to hold mass protests to intensify the call for the President to step down amid allegations of high-level corruption in her administration. Maceda said Mrs. Arroyo’s days are numbered.

“We feel that probably, it is safe to bet that she will not last for another six months in office,” Maceda said.

He said the opposition’s number one fear, however, is that the military headed by Armed Forces chief of staff Gen. Hermogenes Esperon Jr. may skirt the Constitution and form a military junta.

“A military junta is a continuing fear because Esperon has a new program called Hakot-Hatak to install himself as the new leader. We hope that if we get the people’s support, the possibility of the military taking advantage of the situation would be thwarted,” Maceda said.

Maceda said the opposition is considering two possible scenarios: “One is for both Arroyo and Vice President Noli de Castro to step down and declare the presidential and vice presidential positions vacant then call for a snap elections. Second is that if De Castro stays, he will call for snap elections for the presidency,” he said.

“But we have not agreed on that yet. Our initial objective is to demand that GMA (Arroyo) resign and action be taken on exposés of high-level corruption. The leftist group, on the other hand, are bringing (up) the issue of rampant extrajudicial killings,” Maceda added.

Maceda said that several opposition congressmen and leaders attended their meeting last Monday, among them Satur Ocampo, Crispin Beltran and Liza Maza and former Vice President Teofisto Guingona.

Maceda said that aside from massive protests, opposition lawmakers will be delivering privilege speeches before the House of Representatives and the Senate to call for Mrs. Arroyo’s ouster.

Pardoned former President Joseph Estrada, however, said he will not join the rallies.
    “There are already many of them. I will not be joining the rallies. But definitely I support their objective,” Estrada told The STAR.

But Maceda clarified that Estrada and former President Corazon Aquino will only be absent at the initial stage of the protest actions.

Meantime, Malacañang yesterday called for sobriety in connection with the ongoing Senate investigation into the scrapped $329-million national broadband network (NBN) deal that triggered fresh protest actions pressing for President Arroyo’s ouster.
    Vice President De Castro, for his part, said he is also very interested in getting to the bottom of the controversy but he would not be joining rallies.

“Like all of us, we are also interested in finding out the truth but if we let emotions prevail, we might make a mistake and regret it later. So there is no need for me to make noise, I will just observe what happens,” De Castro said in Filipino.

He dismissed opposition calls for snap elections as there are no vacancies in the posts of President and Vice President.

“I will not comment on calls for the President to resign because I could be a beneficiary. But as long as everything is done within the Constitution, I will not kill myself just to get to some post,” De Castro said.

Deputy Presidential Spokeswoman Lorelei Fajardo said the government fully respects the right of the people to stage protests. “However, they should temper their action with positive action and denounce any attempt of any group to use or be used to destabilize the government.”

She said there was no reason for Mrs. Arroyo to resign since she was not linked to the alleged anomalies in the NBN project.

Executive Secretary Eduardo Ermita and Press Secretary Ignacio Bunye, in separate interviews, downplayed the threats of mass protest actions but said the government is ready for any eventuality.

“You can be sure the opposition will take advantage of the situation but that’s still normal as far as politics is concerned,” Ermita said.
    He said calls for Mrs. Arroyo’s ouster were “old music and I don’t think it’s cause for any surprise.” – With Paolo Romero

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    magsisi-uwi rin ng maaga yang mga magra-rally na yan dahil manonood pa sila ng mga telenovela. kc concepcion pa naman sa MMK. hehehe.....

, gusto ko sana sumama sa rally sa friday, kaya lang, kung yung makakatabi at makikita ko dun eh yung mga Erap boys din lang, eh di bale na. kung si Jun lang sana andun at mga pari at madre, eh baka mas marami pa ang pumunta.

Di pa ba nare realized nila Maceda na kaya di nila mapaalis si Gloria (sa tulong ng mass actions) eh kasi sila mismo yung sumisigaw!

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ok ako sa resign lahat president and VP...senate president muna for the mean time, then snap election..Tas sana 2 party lang para di circus..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    please... hwag naman sa makati....

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Nakakahiya.....

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Big Rally this Friday