New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    And who, pray tell, is actually posting brilliantly in this thread, anyway? :hysterical:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    To Creepy na nagtatanim ng kamote,

You dont have to tell me about doing something concrete because I've been working hard to accomplish the many things that are doable (albeit at the micro level).

Dingel? Well, why not you bail him out because it seems you are more concern about him.

?????

(are you the part-owner of tsikot sir?Is this a warning, an order or a suggestion sir?You act as if you own tsikot.com)

hmm....I suggest you stop complaining and whining about my posts.

Just ignore them. For you peace of mind.

Please!!

P.S.

Its 2009 already, are you not tired of posting nonsense and not so brilliant replies (to my posts)? If you have nothing sensible to contribute just read and post in other threads.
    jpdm for President!!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    And who, pray tell, is actually posting brilliantly in this thread, anyway? :hysterical:
    Certainly not me. I'd vote for ____!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    People, if you post something on a message board or web forum, expect people to reply to it. Whether you like or dis-like those replies to your post, that is part of the nature of posting on a message board.

Example, Oldblue... yes he is still around but posting in a more level manner.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy View Post
    jpdm for President!!
    Proudly Creepy (trademark.haha) post!Yes!!
    Last edited by jpdm; January 4th, 2009 at 04:58 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    jpdm:

I understand some of your sentiments but most of them are rather too idealistic and way out of touch of our local reality.

Actually, the only solution to our country's problem is indeed a revolution, Mao Tse Tung style. Kill all the corrupt (which is practically the whole gov't - they are still busy booting out what's left of the righteous ones). You can clearly see how this has transformed China. In revolution, rulers do what is right and not what is popular (i.e.: the Tiananmen "massacre"). That "massacre" seemed wrong at first glance but ultimately, it proved to be the right choice that benefited the majority.

There is no way you can touch the conscience of Gov't people, because they have none. There is no way they'll fight for the people because it was never their purpose in office in the first place. It's power. Power that gives them money, influence, the power to be above the law and everyone, the power to siphon of what's left of our country.

In Marcos' time, it's unimaginable, this JPEPA to be ratified, but now with GMA, it's suddenly okay that we let the japanese rape our country's natural resources and yet not be allowed to do the same in theirs. It's a very stupid treaty and utterly disconnected with basic logic. One obvious mover of this treaty is money, tons of it. It even transformed those senators who seemed reasonable and patriotic to go and vote for its ratification. That's what greed does to people. It's easy to shop for people here because all of them are for sale. As the adage goes: Everyone, ultimately, has a price.

If you wanna change the country, do it on your own. Move up the ranks, build your wealth and use it to help uplift the lives of poor people. That's one way of helping the country. Ultimately, everything will pan out, you will see what else needs to be done.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    jpdm:

I understand some of your sentiments but most of them are rather too idealistic and way out of touch of our local reality.
    Maybe I'm still optimistic that things might get better.

Actually, the only solution to our country's problem is indeed a revolution, Mao Tse Tung style. Kill all the corrupt (which is practically the whole gov't - they are still busy booting out what's left of the righteous ones). You can clearly see how this has transformed China. In revolution, rulers do what is right and not what is popular (i.e.: the Tiananmen "massacre"). That "massacre" seemed wrong at first glance but ultimately, it proved to be the right choice that benefited the majority.
    Yes, I agree with this. But I dont like it. The masses would love this. because they have nothing to lose.

The middle class will be tentative about this because they will lose something.

The rich/elite will hate it because will lose alot of things.

There is no way you can touch the conscience of Gov't people, because they have none. There is no way they'll fight for the people because it was never their purpose in office in the first place. It's power. Power that gives them money, influence, the power to be above the law and everyone, the power to siphon of what's left of our country.
    But we can appeal to the LGUs. Model LGUs have done wonders in their respective areas (i.e. Isabela, Naga, Marikina, Davao and Puerto Princesa to name a few)

In Marcos' time, it's unimaginable, this JPEPA to be ratified, but now with GMA, it's suddenly okay that we let the japanese rape our country's natural resources and yet not be allowed to do the same in theirs. It's a very stupid treaty and utterly disconnected with basic logic. One obvious mover of this treaty is money, tons of it. It even transformed those senators who seemed reasonable and patriotic to go and vote for its ratification. That's what greed does to people. It's easy to shop for people here because all of them are for sale. As the adage goes: Everyone, ultimately, has a price.
    This I fully agree with you. In fact me and my friend who is an adviser of a senator for the JPEPA hearing, have heated arguments about the supposed benefits of this treaty. Just imagine the Japanese (FDIs) given equal treatment by our laws?

If you wanna change the country, do it on your own. Move up the ranks, build your wealth and use it to help uplift the lives of poor people. That's one way of helping the country. Ultimately, everything will pan out, you will see what else needs to be done.
    There are alot of ways of changing the country. If not at the national level, maybe at the grassroots (i.e. offering scholarships to deserving poor students; conduct free seminars and workshops on governance and development etc.for the LGus)
    Last edited by jpdm; January 4th, 2009 at 08:19 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Tianamen was only beneficial in that international reaction to the incident persuaded China to rethink its own actions and policies... as a result of this and many other incidents, China is now a very PR-conscious country.

Communism was good for China? Hah. Chinese technology and research suffered under the Communist purges... and their economy only picked up after they relaxed their stance on communism and allowed capitalist expansion in their country... not because of any beneficial effects of a "well-meaning" dictatorial style government.

In fact, many of the challenges in reforming China at the moment are coming about as the Party has to clean up problems created by corruption under the Communist system over the past decades... the poorly built buildings that collapsed in the recent quakes... the milk-melamine scandal (their quality control standards didn't catch this...)... etcetera...

The only beneficial dictatorship that actually worked in this region was under Lee Kwan Yew in Singapore... but not every country that has been under a dictatorship was this lucky... in fact... I can't think of another dictator whose rule has been so economically benign (just look at the pickle Marcos left us in...)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The only beneficial dictatorship that actually worked in this region was under Lee Kwan Yew in Singapore... but not every country that has been under a dictatorship was this lucky... in fact... I can't think of another dictator whose rule has been so economically benign (just look at the pickle Marcos left us in...)
    I think to a certain extent Malaysia and South Korea which both benefited from a strong willed state in the past.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Welcome to the UN of Philippine universities

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Bailing Out the Philippine Economy