New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    I disagree...strongly.

There are 2 glaring facts which has to be considered as media's fault in this incident, which is:

1. Talking to and broadcasting conversations with the hostage-taker while negotiations were still taking place; and

2. Televising the MPD SWAT team's assault on the tourist bus.

That media did its job effectively? Sure. That they did it without considering the consequences? Hell yes!
    disagree all you want neither will i care..

seems like you're not getting it.. what im pointing out is handling the crisis.. there are 2 glaring facts? sure.. let's tackle them

1. Talking to and broadcasting conversations with the hostage-taker while negotiations were still taking place; and

2. Televising the MPD SWAT team's assault on the tourist bus.
    seems your only point is the fact that media did something in hampering and messing up the operation...

is that avoidable? of course yes..

how? if the crisis management team is in control..

are they in control?! i doubt.

is it their job to control the situation? obviously yes.

so is it easier to share the blame? hell yes!

don't get me wrong as i am not defending media here.. they should be placed in their proper places during those kind of situations.. and just letting them use their common sense isnt enough.. the head of the operations should have done that and that's the part that is missing...

That media did its job effectively? Sure. That they did it without considering the consequences? Hell yes!
    dont expect media to consider consequences.. they only consider tv ratings and viewer shares... either control them or include them in the blame..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    media itself could have done something to avoid complications in the situation: shut up
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    media itself could have done something to avoid complications in the situation: shut up
    this. kung naging responsible lang sila or even just a simple common sense. or baka may common sense nga sila, common sense nga naman na dadami viewers nila sa mga ginawa nila.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by akosiempoy View Post
    for me, media shouldn't be blamed on the hostage drama's mess.. it should only be put on the crisis management team as part of their job is not just handling the negotiation but also controlling the media, that includes the bystanders and uzis... they should be on the top of the situation but as everybody knows, they horribly failed... it's a question of who has the command responsiblility, not who lacks common sense..

media = did their job effectively.. (as no one controlled them that time.)
    crisis management = did their job.. miserably...

so who's to condemn?

When you blame others, you give up your power to change.

just my 2 cents.
    Wow!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    alam nyo ang mas to the roof na ratings sa susunod, yun i-hostage ang mga tiga-media

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    demandahan ngayon... kulang na lang pati si Pnoy i-demanda eh (why not, anything's possible... pati na yung mga cellphone companies na pinayagang makatawid yung mga text at tawag ni mendoza, dapat, i-charge din! pati mga nanood sa bahay!).

ganyan kasi bulilyaso nangyari eh. unahan sa pagtakbo from responsibility?

eh kung tagumpay naman? unahan sa pag take ng credit?

pinoy nga naman. unahan sa pagkuha ng puntos yan sa taongbayan e, kaya pinwersa yung assault kahit di kaya. kasi nga naman pag special forces natin tumira nun mukang *** mga pulis dun kaya inupakan na nila.

welcome to the banana republic, ika-nga nung isang poster sa isang thread.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    What the media wants is to get the ratings and the scoop rather than give a damn about the situation. Erwin Tulfo told that in the investigation.

If you put them under crisis management, it is viewed as an attack of the freedom of the press. You know how supposedly powerful they are. An effective crisis management only happens in movies (make-believe world).

<insert some quote here>

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ang media ay ang hilig nila manira sa buhay ng isang tao pero kapag demanda mo sila ay human rights and press freedom ang sagot nila. Ang gusto nila ay sila lang lagi ang tama kahit na nakakahiya na ginagawa nila. Democrazy ang nasa Pilipinas.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    akala ko walang sinasanto si noynoy?....kapatid ka talaga ni kris!!!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    walang palakasan
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast