The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Kishore is so spot on. Tinusta ang amerkano

Why China did not follow the soviet union

- - - -

..."you may see that the democratic system maybe performing as a plutocratic system seving the interest of the people of the tiny elite. And leaving the---creating a situation where, I think half you population hasnt seen an increase in its median income for 40years.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    Kishore is so spot on. Tinusta ang amerkano

Why China did not follow the soviet union

- - - -

..."you may see that the democratic system maybe performing as a plutocratic system seving the interest of the people of the tiny elite. And leaving the---creating a situation where, I think half you population hasnt seen an increase in its median income for 40years.
    Interesting. He has a book entitled "Has the West Lost It?". Will check fully booked later if they have a copy.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    kishore knowledge was introduce to us by "intelligenica of the phllippines" way back year 2008 or 2009 pa ata. Kaso hindi ko pinapansin dahil may pagkaracist ako.

Ngayon ko lang nacheck na singaporean pala sya pero pakistani ang dugo.

Malalim pala ito !!!!

Kishore Mahbubani (born 24 October 1948) is a Singaporean academic and former diplomat. He is currently a senior adviser and professor who has been on a nine-month sabbatical at the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy at the National University of Singapore.[1]

From 1971 to 2004 he served in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and was Singapore's Permanent Representative to the United Nations. In that role, he served as President of the United Nations Security Council in January 2001 and May 2002.[2]

On 6 November 2017, Mahbubani announced that he would retire from the position as Dean of the Lee Kuan Yew School at the end of 2017.[3]

Early life and education

Born in Singapore to a Singaporean Indian family of Sindhi descent, Mahbubani's parents were Hindus who settled in Singapore after being displaced from their native Hyderabad, Sindh, during the partition of India.[4][5] Mahbubani attended Tanjong Katong Technical School and completed his pre-university studies at St. Andrew's School (now St. Andrew's Junior College). He was awarded the President's Scholarship in 1967 and graduated with a First Class Honours degree in Philosophy from the University of Singapore (now the National University of Singapore) in 1971. He received a master's degree in Philosophy in 1976 and an honorary doctorate in 1995 from Dalhousie University in Canada.[6]
    Kishore Mahbubani - Wikipedia

4. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    from kishore

"For more than 1,800 of the last 2,000 years, China and India were always the two largest economies in the world . . . the past 200 years have been a major historical aberration," the professor said.

"It's perfectly natural for China, India to resume their places . . . all aberrations come to a natural end."

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    from kishore

"For more than 1,800 of the last 2,000 years, China and India were always the two largest economies in the world . . . the past 200 years have been a major historical aberration," the professor said.

"It's perfectly natural for China, India to resume their places . . . all aberrations come to a natural end."
    so, kanino sa dalawa tayo magpapa-ilalim?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    so, kanino sa dalawa tayo magpapa-ilalim?
    Depende sa b.o tolerance.... [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2024
    from kishore

china want destroy the Philippine global hegemony

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    mga kawawang property buyers sa bansang CHINA WUHAN VIRUS ...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    kishore knowledge was introduce to us by "intelligenica of the phllippines" way back year 2008 or 2009 pa ata. Kaso hindi ko pinapansin dahil may pagkaracist ako.

Ngayon ko lang nacheck na singaporean pala sya pero pakistani ang dugo.

Malalim pala ito !!!!

Kishore Mahbubani - Wikipedia

ito post ko yesterday. Ito yung book na sinabi sa amin ni "intelligencia of the philippines for us to read pero hindi ko gaano pinansin. Mas gusto ko lang kasi makinig. But now i will buy this book and his new book "has the west lost it ?" Tapos pag nabasa ko ito gagamtan ko ng behavioral science na gift ko.

New Asian Hemisphere: The Irresistible Shift of Global Power to the East
    Product details

Paperback: 336 pages
    Publisher: PublicAffairs; 1 edition (April 28, 2009)
    Language: English

For two centuries Asians have been bystanders in world history, reacting defenselessly to the surges of Western commerce, thought, and power. That era is over. Asia is returning to the center stage it occupied for eighteen centuries before the rise of the West.

By 2050, three of the world's largest economies will be Asian: China, India, and Japan. In The New Asian Hemisphere, Kishore Mahbubani argues that Western minds need to step outside their “comfort zone” and prepare new mental maps to understand the rise of Asia. The West, he says, must gracefully share power with Asia by giving up its automatic domination of global institutions from the IMF to the World Bank, from the G7 to the UN Security Council. Only then will the new Asian powers reciprocate by becoming responsible stakeholders in a stable world order.

Excerpt

The need to develop a better understanding of our world has never been greater. We are now entering one of the most plastic moments of world history. The decisions we make today could influence the course of the twenty-first century. But it is clear that the worldviews of the leading Western minds are trapped in the previous centuries. These minds cannot even conceive of the possibility that they may have to change these worldviews to understand the new world. Unless they do, we could make disastrous decisions.
    The best illustration of a disastrous decision is the decision by the U.S. and UK to invade Iraq in March 2003. The Americans and British had benign intentions: to free the Iraqi people from despotic rule and to rid the world of a dangerous man, Saddam Hussein. Neither Bush nor Blair had malevolent intentions. Yet, the mental maps that they brought to understand Iraq were mired in one cultural context: the Western mindset. Many Americans actually believed that invading American troops would be welcomed with petals thrown on the streets by happy Iraqis. The idea that any Islamic country would welcome western military boots on its soil defies belief. The invasion and especially the occupation of Iraq will go down as one of the most botched operations in human history. Yet even if it had been well-executed, it was doomed to failure. In 1920, as secretary for war and air, Winston Churchill could use poison gas to quell the rebellion of Kurds and Arabs in British-occupied Iraq. He said, “I am strongly in favor of using poisoned gas against uncivilized tribes.” If Blair had tried the same in 2005, he would have been crucified. The world has moved on from this era. Sadly, Western mindsets have not moved on.

A Note from Kishore Mahbubani

For over two decades, I have lived the life of a nomadic intellectual, absorbing ideas at great intellectual watering holes, like Davos and Aspen, Ditchley and Pocantico. Initially, I was overwhelmed by the confidence and energy of Western intellectuals. They had sharp minds, always producing new insights as they spoke.
    It has come as a huge personal shock for me to see this same group of Western intellectuals now becoming totally blind to emerging new realities. At a time of rapid change, these Western minds remain complacent and smug. I tried to puncture this smugness in my speeches and columns. Sadly, I failed. They could not see that we are moving from a monocivilizational world to a multi-civilizational world.
    These failures taught me a lesson. The only way to persuade the West of the need to change mindsets was to try and develop an alternative weltanschauung. That is the ambitious goal of this book. If we do not wake the West up from its intellectual complacency, we are headed for trouble.

- - - --

ibang klase salita yang weltanchauung = a particular philosophy or view of life; the worldview of an individual or group.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2015

This is why China is going through a very plastic phase trying to figure out what his role in the world is but how the Chinese behave would also be influence by their past history as you know. And the Chinese for some reason, for whatever reason never saw themselves as natural colonialist.

Now i dont know how many of you know this but the Chinese in the 15th century if im not mistaken under Admiral Zheng He, Admiral Zheng He had a much bigger fleet, much bigger boats than the portuguese ever had.

The Portuguese with much smaller boats colonized South America therefore you have Brazil, colonized Africa you have Angola and Mozambique, took a bite of India you have Goa, took a bite of China, Macau.

Now thats kind of colonial, what do i call it, drive - thats been very much part of Western history. But the Chinese for whatever reason havent had that same drive.

So for example, Australia as you know, is so far away from, lets say the United Kingdom, or England. Australia is so close to China, its been close to China for 2000years. No Chinese went there, but the British came all the way, sailed halfway across the world, more than halfway across the world and ended in Australia and Australia today is remnant of a British colony, right?

So the question therefore is,. wil China naturally follow what the west did as it becomes powerful? Now theres absolutely no doubt that when China becomes more powerful it will definitely become more assertive. Very clearly, no doubt whatsoever, but there's a big difference between becoming assertive and becoming aggressive, and thats the question. And for example, will the Chinese go out and bomb Syria? My answer is no, China will not. Cause they cant figure out why, why would you wanna go and bomb Syria? So their mentality therefore is in some respects is fundamentally different. So it will not therefore replicate the Western style of what you might call hegemonic intervention that the west has been doing. But of course, I have to qualify by saying that because it depends also on how you treat China in this period, and if you provoke China theres gonna be a reaction. How, what kind of reaction, I dont know. It depends on the issue, it depends on the context and everything so and so forth. So thats why the period of history we are going through now is very, very important, because we are going to shape the future by many of the decisions we're gonna make today.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast