New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I want to organize or be part of a group who's platform will be to abolish the partylist system, A waste of taxpayers money.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Tman View Post
    I want to organize or be part of a group who's platform will be to abolish the partylist system, A waste of taxpayers money.
    Useless naman talaga yang Party List na yan.. Same Politicians lang din naman.. Nadagdagan pa pinagkakaperahan nila..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    They really should!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    How about we establish a Party list of people opposed to party lists?

Pero super abused ang system na yan. Kitang kita naman.

Pinaka obvious yung party list representing yung isang region sa Pinas (I wont mention it). Paano pinayagan yun eh meron na nga representative kada distrito ng probinsya. Represented na sila at hindi marinalized.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Tman View Post
    The intention of the law was to give voice para doon sa nasa laylayan ng lipunan, but as usual the politicians has hijack it and circle around the law and found loopholes to use it for their own interest.

Mas lalong gamit ito ng mga politikong di manalo sa eleksyon.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Why ???? Bakit i abolish???
    Isa yan sa Legacy ng mga Dilawan
    Nasa 1987 cory constitution yan. lol
    Ginusto ninyo kulay nayan kaya live with it.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    ano ba ang purpose ng party list?

tama yung nag sabi ng "a waste of tax payer's money".

pang dagdag gastos lang sa annual budget ng gobyerno.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    They really should!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Good luck na lang... sila ang nakikinabang eh!
    parang yung anti-dynasty lang yan.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    ano ba ang purpose ng party list?

The party-list system in the Philippines began as a political innovation in the 1987 Constitution allowing for broader representation in the national legislature.

In the beginning, the framers of the 1987 Constitution were guided by the need to allow for greater democratic representation, especially from among the historically marginalised and institutionally underrepresented groups and sectors that otherwise would not have had a chance to be elected by any district-based constituency. This was an implicit acknowledgement of the People Power uprising that toppled the Marcos dictatorship, as well as a recognition of the important role to be played by the wider civil society in democratic policy-making.

Perhaps the inadequacies and conflicting features of the party-list system law can be traced back to its key designer – Congress – whose members may have looked upon the party-list organisations either as potential competitors or useful platforms in their quest to retain their positions of power and privilege.
    https://theasiadialogue.com/2019/07/...for-democracy/
    Last edited by tsupermario; October 6th, 2021 at 05:03 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    It had good intentions but hijacked by evil people. Its supposed to give voice to those groups who although represented by congressmen by geography but had other needs that were not addressed such as teachers (naalala lang sila ng mga politiko kapag election dahil kailangan ng taga-bantay) or farmers and fisherfolk. Nowadays coopted na by such party lists like Ang Teacher who sounds like its a pro-teacher group but actually represents private school owners or that OFW group with an abusive congressman who is actually under the pay of job placement/recruitment firms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast