22 40.74%
  • Ford Ranger XL 2.9L

1 1.85%
  • Isuzu Fuego

3 5.56%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kimpOy::: Yup, b-new kelangan. Pamalit dun sa war-veteran L200, hehehe.

ARB::: 5 studs lang ba 4x2 HiLux? Smaller axle means less payload. Ying current L200 six studs na, kaso dumudurog ng wheel bearing. Kahit palitan namin ng quality branded ones. Masyado kasing kargahan lampas sa max payload ng sasakyan.

badkuk::: Meron high side bed; kaso di applicable sa mga sasakay. Tyipical passengers will be my older lola, uncles & aunts. Varying age from 60-100. So I would prefer comfort first for them.

Ranger would have been also my choice, since it has the powerful engine even in natural aspirated units. Downside is the resale value tend to fluctuate faster than its fuel gauge.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    pag height advantage ang hanap mo get the 4x4 variants. 4x2 kasi mababa ang stance. Siguro ang pinakamataas na 4x2 would be the dmax. Maganda naman ang frontier for a workhorse

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksie
    pag height advantage ang hanap mo get the 4x4 variants. 4x2 kasi mababa ang stance. Siguro ang pinakamataas na 4x2 would be the dmax. Maganda naman ang frontier for a workhorse
    there are some 4x2 variants that have the same stance / ground clearance as their 4x4 variants... like the Frontier T3 & Ranger Trekker.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    yes, dmax 4X2 included. if not for the step-board, 4x2 dmax could be mistaken as 4x4 variant. too bad, 4x2 dmax stance is not as high as the ranger trekker.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    1. Toyota Hi-Lux
    2. Isuzu D-Max
    3. Nissan Frontier

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ungas,

wag mo na isipin yung resale value, malamang matagal niyo naman gagamitin yan, and with that kind of usage, bagsak naman talaga ang resale niyan. hehe.

go with good ol' reliable mechanical fuel injection kung ganyang driver din ang magmamaintain. masyadong maselan yung mga CRDI, and besides, hindi na maself-service yung mga ECU-equipped diesels e.

ford ranger 2.5 TDIc would be a good choice. then, uprate the suspension with heavier-duty aftermarket parts.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hindi ba madaling masira ang ranger?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    res ipsa loquitor

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    regarding CRDi...won't the double fuel filter trick work in these cases?

i think it is worth a go. i will be doing that mod soon.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're talking about business use in the province, i'd probably keep away from the new CRDi engines in the meantime and stick to the good 'ol pre combustion chambered ones.

The Ranger is a good all-around pick-up for real utility use but the gripes i hear from owners who were selling theirs is the cost and availability of parts isnt as good as a Toyota, Isuzu, Mitsu and Nissan pick-up. A plus side to its reliability status is companies like Philip Morris now rely on the Ranger for it's people on the field.

On reliability, hauling capability, and cost, i'd still go with the Nissan Frontier as the 2.7L is very tried and tested, adn parts are abundant. Pang work/business naman siya. (Kung for personal use then i'd go with the newer Hilux or DMax) Downside lang sa kanya is the comfort factor for the rear passengers. I tried inverting one rear helper spring and coupled it with KYB gas-a-justs and it worked ok in improving the ride (from harsh to somewhat bumpy :P) without affecting the payload too much. Also, media companies like PDI, GMA and ABS-CBN amongst some have been relying on Nissan pick-ups since "classic" model in the 1980's so it does speak well on the durability of these things.
    Last edited by vinj; July 12th, 2005 at 12:13 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Take a pick on 4x2 pick-ups