The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    nice ah! pwede ba mapost ito sa ibang forums? :D

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I was freaked out the first time I saw that thing on commercials.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBMW
    I was freaked out the first time I saw that thing on commercials.
    that abomination is freaky. so i guess i'm a monster driver....

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    tumitigil yung flash when i view it........

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    gumagalaw ba? :D

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I also saw this in an email subscription. and below is the article that came along with it.

Big Beast a symbol of dangers from SUVs
    By Mark Phelan
    Source: Detroit Free Press

A nasty looking Muppet on steroids debuted recently in the latest attempt to convince drivers that SUVs are Satan's spawn, the things the Lord of the Rings' Dark Riders would have used to hunt down Frodo, if only they could have afforded the gasoline.

The beast, which goes by the endearing name Esuvee, is part of a new $30-million campaign mostly funded by Ford Motor Co. through a settlement of a lawsuit brought by 50 state governments over its marketing of SUVS.

To fully appreciate the Esuvee mascot -- whose eyes and nose bear a striking resemblance to the headlights and grille of a Land Rover -- go it its Web site, www.esuvee.com.

This hairy hulk will show up in ads on TV networks and in magazines appealing to young men, like ESPN, MTV and Car and Driver. Esuvee will make personal appearances around the country to scare kids and teach adults to drive their SUVs cautiously.

The campaign aims "to remove the halo SUVs now have ... the halo effect that makes young men particularly feel that they are invulnerable or invincible when they are behind the wheel of a sport-utility vehicle," Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal said in an Associated Press report.

I don't know how to break it to him, but young men don't feel invincible because they're driving an SUV. They feel invincible because they're young men.

It's the same reason they ride skateboards, and there are only two cures: They grow out of it, or they can join my puppy Ace when I have him neutered in a few weeks.

The debate over SUVs lost all touch with reality long before the attorneys general launched their creature feature.

The SUV Owners of America, which was formed in response to the Ford Explorer rollover furor, treats the right to take up two parking spaces as if it's in the Bill of Rights. The only thing missing from the pressure group's overheated rhetoric is a bumper sticker reading: "You can take the keys to my SUV from my cold, dead hands."

The group issued a statement defending SUVs Monday.

"We are confounded by the imagery" of the campaign, said John Underland, an SUV Owners spokesman. "What is the objective here?"

At other end of the spectrum is the Detroit Project, a group based in Beverly Hills, Calif., that is behind the charming TV commercial that drew a connection between some ignorant schlub filling up his SUV and financing for terrorist attacks.

Can we all take a deep breath, please?

SUVs are big, and they can be annoying, but they are not inherently evil, and the people who drive them are not the hapless pawns of the military industrial complex.

The fact that they are big simply magnifies the annoying little things we all occasionally do behind the wheel, like parking poorly and passing aggressively on the highway.

SUV owners should keep this in mind and drive considerately, just as a tall person should not sit in front of a child in a cinema.

The idea that we need a multimillion-dollar advertising campaign to tell drivers that taller vehicles roll over more easily than little sports cars do makes as much sense as putting a warning label on a champagne flute because it spills easier than a highball glass.

That's simple physics, and it's also physics that the more metal you have wrapped around you, the safer you are in a crash.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I don't get it...a lot of people are against SUV's? Sheesh...if only SUV/big ride owners were just more responsible with their rides...

SUV Drivers, see this.....