New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang saya lumusong sa baha!!! :mrgreen: Napakaluwag ng daan solong solo ko... walang gustong sumabay!!! :mrgreen: Imagine my trip to San Juan yesterday took only 20 minutes of my time!

Hmm... pag baha kasi you'd have to stop more in one place than the usual water fording na tuloy tuloy ang momentum. The best way is to stay at an upper grade level. Check if the exhaust is still above water. Do not use hand brakes when submerged. :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kahit na lubog ang muffler kaya pa kaya nito bugahin palabas ang tubig?
    kaya pa ba ng pajero tumawid kahit na nasa below the headlight na ang tubig?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    CZintrclr, kaya yan ng Paje.... but i dont recommend it

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks pajerokid, eh kung upto bumper ok lang kaya? minsan kasi wala ka na talaga maikutan lalo na dito sa binondo going to san juan. recto avenida, ust, lagusnilad lahat baha.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Diff Breathers

When a hot axle hits cold water it cools rapidly. This has the effect of lowering the air pressure inside the axle and the diff housing, causing air to be drawn in via the diff breathers. Extending your diff breathers higher up the chassis (standard on most Landcruisers) with the aid of plastic tubing is a "must do" for regular water goers. However, it is no guarantee that water will not enter your diff. The sudden reduction in air pressure inside your diff can still cause water to be drawn in via your axle seals if the diff breathers do not equalise the pressure quick enough. This is why its still necessary to allow the vehicle time to cool down, even when extended diff breathers are fitted.
    Meron bang diff. breathers yung Gen1 Pajero ko? :?

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    All diff's do otherwise nag putukan na ang mga axle oil seal natin lahat:D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lahat may breathers pero some breathers are not extended so lumulubog pa din sa tubig.

Yung sa Pajero, rear lang ang extended, the front one has a rubber plug na hindi airtight. Yung tranny wala ding extension.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart
    Diff Breathers

When a hot axle hits cold water it cools rapidly. This has the effect of lowering the air pressure inside the axle and the diff housing, causing air to be drawn in via the diff breathers. Extending your diff breathers higher up the chassis (standard on most Landcruisers) with the aid of plastic tubing is a "must do" for regular water goers. However, it is no guarantee that water will not enter your diff. The sudden reduction in air pressure inside your diff can still cause water to be drawn in via your axle seals if the diff breathers do not equalise the pressure quick enough. This is why its still necessary to allow the vehicle time to cool down, even when extended diff breathers are fitted.
    Meron bang diff. breathers yung Gen1 Pajero ko? :?
    mayron yan. nakaextend up to the cross member ng chassis. silipin mo. :wink:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    um, bumping this one up lang.

got pics of those breathers for the gen2.5, which i know is same for gen2? :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Look at the rubber hose extending from the rear axle to the rear tubular crossmember.

Sa front differential meron din nun pero wala nang hose, cap na lang.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
River/Flood Water Crossing Tips