New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I'm 5'6" fat bastard but I can easily climb into Fortuner's 3rd row seats and be comfy. Provided the folks on the 2nd row aren't space hogs. Now, whether I can survive sitting there for a 2-hour trip..., that's a question yet to be answered.

If I had the cash, it'll be the Mercedes Benz GL450

Fortuner.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    If one the 2nd row seats of everest is flipped and folded all the way to the front seat the space between the 3rd row and front is humungous, parang na siyang van. My six year old girl in fact does not want the fortuner dahil doon laki nun. Anyway maraming salamat po.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Thank you guys for the help
    about the choking of 2KD-FTV engine I really Believe solve problem na yan kasi marani dito Innova, 2.5 Fort, at Hilux using that kind of engine so wala naman ko balita here na may problem or tumirik sa daan, at auto manufacturer learned from mitsubishi at meron na Lemon car law(tama ba?)... so lets drop this issue thanks

Consumption ok silang dalawa thats why want ko 2.5Liter engine lng
    top concern ko is the availability of parts and which part is cheaper kasi planning also to keep it for at least 10 years...
    I dont buy Parts from Casa kasi x2 or x3 yung price compare out of casa parts thats also has same quality...

I also Like santa Fe pero yung price is mdyo out na sa Budget 1,558,000
    Fortuner 2.5 1,435,000.... Everest 1,310,000
    So Fort or Eve, More feedbacks pls Thanks

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One thing going for the Eve is that it's still based on an updated version of the older Everest so usually the problems with the old one are cured (and the old one was pretty okay already).

On paper, power and space favors the Everest 2.5L it seems... aftermarket support goes in favor of the Fortuner on the other hand.

Test drive and go where your heart is.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 3sgTe View Post
    recently there are so many complaints regarding the ford everest and the rest of their models.. and also sa panahon ngaun fuel economy is top priority ng mga motorista para tipid.. for me id rather go for the fortuner.. abundant parts.. and if you want or willing to spend a lot of money and have the uniqueness go for the ford everest.
    What complaints? The only complaints regarding the Everest per se, that I can remember are due to the "jeepney-like" ride, noisy auxiliary fan and poor power of the old Everest. The new one rides better and has a better engine.

There have always been complaints about the American trucks (the Explorer and Expedition), that will probably persist till Ford finally stops making those dinosaurs, but I must stress, once again, that the Ranger, Everest and Focus were designed and manufactured by Ford Asia and Europe... NOT Ford USA.

-----

Fuel consumption? Having gotten a mere 5 km/l in the Fortuner 3.0 in traffic... I'd say the D4Ds are about average... ...in the Innova, the 2.5 D4D can get almost as much as our Crosswind 2.5, but I don't think it'll be as fuel efficient in the much heavier Fortuner body.

-----

I don't put much by the choking issue myself, but I prefer the Everest 2.5 over the Fortuner 2.5 D4D. More power (much more!), similar, if not better, fuel consumption, and a better ride (not awesomely better... but definitely better).

Until Toyota updates their D4D for more power and fixes the tuning of the coil springs they use in the Fortuner, my recommendation still stands. If you're driving over that horrible mess called the South Super Highway or out in the provinces, your back-seat passengers in the Fortuner won't like it very much.

If Toyota does address the suspension issue, I'd consider it. It still looks better, has more shapely seats and its positive steering is just about as good as the Everest's. But as it is, the Everest is worth a long look. And a test-drive. If you're not convinced after the test drive, go ahead and get the Toyota.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Between the two, sa Fortuner ako. Pero I'd think twice about the 2.5 D4d variant. Medyo underpowered yan at 102 HP. Go for the 3.0 D4d or the 2.7 vvt-i.

Also, consider the Santa Fe. Maganda din, if you can get over the brand.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

If Toyota does address the suspension issue, I'd consider it. It still looks better, has more shapely seats and its positive steering is just about as good as the Everest's. But as it is, the Everest is worth a long look. And a test-drive. If you're not convinced after the test drive, go ahead and get the Toyota.
    I share exactly the same opinion here....

2101:banana2:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Everest...

Better engine & ride...

Nuff said.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Depends on the owner:

young and adventurer - FORTUNER

matured and strong character - EVEREST

cheers

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    di ba me blind spot issues ung fortuner?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
opportunity and why?