New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Medyo nga mahirap yung view sa likod, small rear glass, and the third row portholes are useless. Pero, if you're used to trucks, it's not that big a deal... back-up sensors ang katapat niyan. ...that said, once I got used to the size, I didn't have much trouble parking it... laging may mga parking boys, eh...

The Everest has a more upright, old-school cab that's, yes, better in terms of sight-lines... at least they didn't try to make it a missile bunker like the Explorer (what a small windshield on that American!).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Everest. Bigger than the Fortuner. And it stands out now dahil bago pa. Kung fortuner binili mo akalain ng iba last year mo pa binili.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    If I decide to buy Fortuner, Mas maganda kun ngayon kasi if 1st batch release ka, baka meron trouble much better after 1 year or so

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ok din ang ISUZU ALTERRA. hindi gaanong maganda ang exterior but the engine is bulletproof and aftermarket parts are flooding everywhere..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    too pricey yung 4x2 alterra

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Thank you all for posting all your comments and ideas

We have decided to buy Fortuner because of its looks, Height, Price, reliability, and the toyota Badge At dahil maraming Cupholders yung 2.5D4D hehehe

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Honestly, you sound like you're from Toyota PR Division. hehehe

To choose 2.5 D-4D with its choking engine (which is like a time bomb because you'll never know when it's gonna hit you) over 2007 Everest is unthinkable.

Everest is more powerful, comes with the Bosch CRDi system (AFAIK) and even though it's just a ford, it proved to be a very good car. I have three cousins who own Everests and they upgraded to the new one because they were happy with the last model.

Everest also give more bang for the money.

Also, they're both Asian vehicles so i don't really get the logic in choosing the 2.5Fort.

Resale value? if the D-4Ds keep choking, that'll be on the floor.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Hehehe PR officer without salary hahaha
    Also thinking about the choking thing...But havnt heard any choking Problem model 2006 only 2005... anyway If Im toyota I will fix the problem in a Flash because my name is now on Top list so I wont mess it up...
    Also Toyota Told me that the Fuel Filter or pump? has a 300,000KM warranty....(I'll ask about that again tomorrow)
    Sorry for the Everest owner pero I really dont like the design
    Also Maybe its a Human error but in just 2 months 5 2007 everest rolled...

Resale value? Ford also is not doing good

Abangan ang susunod na kabanata....

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    The Everest does seem to have a new excellent diesel engine, at least as per reviews from journalist and some tsikot posters who actually drove the test units.

But I believe Ford failed to rectify significant old gripes from the previous model:
    (1) Push and pull handbrake. This one's really a throwback from the stone age.
    (2) Tumbling but non splittable third row seats. - the Fortuner wins in this area.
    (3) Passenger comfort in third row - another win for the Fortuner
    (4) High floor leads to ride discomfort - this applies to the second row and is felt worse in the third row.

Now if only somebody can fit the new Ford diesel inside a Fortuner. Now that would be something.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    What complaints? The only complaints regarding the Everest per se, that I can remember are due to the "jeepney-like" ride, noisy auxiliary fan and poor power of the old Everest. The new one rides better and has a better engine.

There have always been complaints about the American trucks (the Explorer and Expedition), that will probably persist till Ford finally stops making those dinosaurs, but I must stress, once again, that the Ranger, Everest and Focus were designed and manufactured by Ford Asia and Europe... NOT Ford USA.

-----

Fuel consumption? Having gotten a mere 5 km/l in the Fortuner 3.0 in traffic... I'd say the D4Ds are about average... ...in the Innova, the 2.5 D4D can get almost as much as our Crosswind 2.5, but I don't think it'll be as fuel efficient in the much heavier Fortuner body.

-----

I don't put much by the choking issue myself, but I prefer the Everest 2.5 over the Fortuner 2.5 D4D. More power (much more!), similar, if not better, fuel consumption, and a better ride (not awesomely better... but definitely better).

Until Toyota updates their D4D for more power and fixes the tuning of the coil springs they use in the Fortuner, my recommendation still stands. If you're driving over that horrible mess called the South Super Highway or out in the provinces, your back-seat passengers in the Fortuner won't like it very much.

If Toyota does address the suspension issue, I'd consider it. It still looks better, has more shapely seats and its positive steering is just about as good as the Everest's. But as it is, the Everest is worth a long look. And a test-drive. If you're not convinced after the test drive, go ahead and get the Toyota.
    Hi, i am scheduled to test drive a 2.5L m/t everest 2 days from now. Ano kaya dapat kong gawin? Drive through rough roads, test it's acceleration, ride, etc. I know it may sound silly but this is my first time to test drive before i buy and besides ngayon palang ako mag di-drive ng diesel. I tried to rev the everest in the showroom at medyo maingay siya. I thought one advantage of crdi engines is that it is not noisy. Lastly, i will get the 3.0L a/t which is not available for test drive, if ever i decide to get one. Pareho lang kaya ang test drive ng 2.5Lm/t and 3.oL a/t? salamat po.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
opportunity and why?