New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    been reading for the nth time already, what does this mean really?

I think it means Toyota (and the other manufacturers) hasn't saturated the local AUV market with it's existing line of vehicles so he doesn't see the need to add more vehicle models to its vehicle line up.

Since having two models made by a single manufacturer that are sold to the same buying market will just waste valuable resources (it's like competing with yourself), TMP would wait until sales of its existing AUV (and future AUV) would start to slow down before pushing ahead with the "MVDP II" project.

In the end, it is all a matter of profits and minimizing overheads.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; August 17th, 2010 at 01:41 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    so what does this mean that they did not raise any objections? it's a go ba
    or they're just being diplomatic

This is big business in a meeting with government official. It's a diplomatic gesture. They are there to listen what the government has to offer and do nothing more.

The company representatives will not give a decision until they have spoken to their board of directors, band of lawyers, their bosses abroad, etc.

The eventual decision that will be given will always have the good of the company before anything else. If there is no profit or political advantage to be gained in the deal, it will be turned down... gently.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    tapos ibahin nila setup.. dapat side passenger loading tapos rear passenger unloading para hindi nagsasalubong yung baba at sasakay.. saves time
    That won't work here in the Philippines. Simpleng pag-tatapon lang ng basura sa tamang lalagyan di pa masunod... nasa harap na nila yun trash can ha... yan pa kaya.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cktlcmd View Post
    That won't work here in the Philippines. Simpleng pag-tatapon lang ng basura sa tamang lalagyan di pa masunod... nasa harap na nila yun trash can ha... yan pa kaya.

Actually there is a FX-type vehicle in Indonesia that has an open door on the side where the passengers enter/exit the vehicle in the same manner we do with jeepneys here.

Advantage of the side door entrance is easier access to the seats without having to navigate between the knees of the eight to twelve other people seated in the vehicle.

The side door entrance is probably better too for passengers not needing to enter & exit the vehicle in the middle of the road.

Mikrolet/Angkot

Mikrolet and angkot (these vehicles go by other names as well) are smaller vans/mini-buses that serve set routes on smaller main roads. They seat 9-12 people, depending on the type.

http://www.expat.or.id/info/traditionaltransport.html

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Actually there is a FX-type vehicle in Indonesia that has an open door on the side where the passengers enter/exit the vehicle in the same manner we do with jeepneys here.

Advantage of the side door entrance is easier access to the seats without having to navigate between the knees of the eight to twelve other people seated in the vehicle.

The side door entrance is probably better too for passengers not needing to enter & exit the vehicle in the middle of the road.
    Yes... but then doesn't that take away valuable seat space? Philippine PUJ drivers would never approve of that considering the way they jam passengers in the jeepneys in terminals. Kanan kaliwa! Sige pa! Tig-sasampuan yan!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

Until they walk out into a motorcycle passing on the wrong side.

Hmmm... sideswiped by a motorcycle, hit by a bus... hmmmm...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Yes... but then doesn't that take away valuable seat space? Philippine PUJ drivers would never approve of that considering the way they jam passengers in the jeepneys in terminals. Kanan kaliwa! Sige pa! Tig-sasampuan yan!
    hahaha!

Not to mention the motorcyclist that could hit you as you are getting out from the sides. I think in the Philippine setting, it is just right to place the entrance and exit at the back simply because most motorcyclist tend to pass anywhere there is a hole, it's safer to let the vehicles behind see that someone is actually getting off the jeep. This is why every time I get off a bus, I look carefully to my right before jumping off ... doesn't matter whether I'm on the street edge because those motorcyclist even use the sidewalks to pass.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    one time the aircon jeepney is some kind of hyped at the time it was launched...I rode one and it feels like you're in a bus...the problem of it is that they are oversized compared to the regular jeepney.

Then the government insists Ford and Toyota to revive Fiera and Tamaraw? e sa ganda ng mga line-up ng kanilang mga sasakayan e gagawa pa nga sila ng ganoon?

Why not ask Mitsubishi, Kia and Hyundai? Gumagawa pa sila ng L300, K2700 at H100 respectively. or even Chinese manufacturers? Mura din naman and SRP nila kung tutuusin. Tip ins are Isuzu IPV and Toyota Hi-Lux FX (oo nga pala)

O di kaya kay mamang talyer na lang?
    Last edited by myas110; August 17th, 2010 at 06:25 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Wasn't there a Nissan AUV that was based on the body of the last Fierra before? Bilis mabulok yung body. Is there any specification what the 21st century Philippine AUV is supposed to be? Baka naman yung no frills seats, no safety features, no doors, no windows, only windshield na sasakyan.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    You mean the Nissan Bida? Unlike the other AUVs I almost never see any of these anymore. The AUVs Toyota and Isuzu currently produce are based from their pickups already and that would make it costly to produce. The L300 might be the only one that can based on as it is the only one among them that is produced/assembled here but then its already very old. I'd say make it Anfra-style (side facing rear benches but with a single exterior body, instead of cab and locally manufactured rear body) with improved components, design and features. For lesser cost, they can source parts from the Chinese carmakers for the mechanical parts (but be sure those are licensed Japan technology!) Like, for example, use a Fuego or D-Max clone chassis, transmission, steering, 4JB1-T engine and dashboard. I'm sure they can produce the rest of the car, perhaps with assistance from companies like Almazora or Centro.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
NEWS: Local car firms urged to revive Tamaraw, Fiera [MERGED]