New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Sir old blue how did you know thats its a 2-5 ratio between santafe and outie? or your just Bashing the outie coz u have a sante fe? Dont get me wrong, i used the spec of santafe to COMPARE it with the outie just to predict if it gone to the test and if it would pass it.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pakupakupaku View Post
    The outlander neither Passed or Failed but it has an Evo-inspired aluminum roof panel saves 11 pounds and significantly lowers the center of gravity and 1.7 inch lower than santa fe's height. 600-foot slalom = 62.7 mph (avg) compared to santa fe's 60.3 mph (avg), 300lb+ lighter. Sante fe has a wider wheelbase by 1.2 inches. If the taller and narrower vehicle tends to rollover more, outlander "should" pass it. Im no expert but looking at these figures raises the question why wouldnt it pass. Experts please clarify if i miss anything.

http://www.euroncap.com the outlander scored better in crash testing than the santa fe thats a plus.
    You mean to say the Pedestrian protection??? If you read it carefully, it says that Hyundai didn't nominate test zones for the SF. That's the reason why there wasn't a score.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    You mean to say the Pedestrian protection??? If you read it carefully, it says that Hyundai didn't nominate test zones for the SF. That's the reason why there wasn't a score.
    Sorry for the OT... I didnt looked at the pedestrian protection.

The Outlander
    Front impact
    Structures in the dashboard presented a potential risk of injury to the knees and femurs of the front seat occupants.
    Side impact
    The Outlander scored maximum points in the side impact and pole tests

The Santa Fe
    Front impact
    Several of the structures in the dashboard presented a risk of injury to the pelvis, femurs and knees of the driver and passenger.
    Side impact
    The Santa Fe scored maximum points for its performance in the side impact test. However, in the pole test, the head-protecting airbag did not fully deploy as intended by Hyundai and the car lost one of the two points available for that test.

In child protection the outie scored a 35, 1 point lower than the santafe.
    Well this test does not apply to a real accident which has lots of environmental factors to consider. Im satisfied that they both provide adequate protection to the owner and passengers.

Im comparing the specs of the outie and santafe because they almost have the same specs with observance to rollover probability (height-weight-width-slalom-center of gravity etc....) since they are no reports for the outlander yet(maybe). In a perfect test environment, if two cars have the same overall spec but different brands wouldnt you say that the results will be match or has minimal difference?

I dont favor outie over santafe or vice versa, im asking the experts based on previous post if the outie would likely pass the test or not.
    The outlander neither Passed or Failed but it has an Evo-inspired aluminum roof panel saves 11 pounds and significantly lowers the center of gravity and 1.7 inch lower than santa fe's height. 600-foot slalom = 62.7 mph (avg) compared to santa fe's 60.3 mph (avg), 300lb+ lighter. Sante fe has a wider wheelbase by 1.2 inches. If the taller and narrower vehicle tends to rollover more, outlander "should" pass it. Im no expert but looking at these figures raises the question why wouldnt it pass. Experts please clarify if i miss anything.
    i guess i have to go with BB's answer
    outlander bagong bago pa kaya ala pa rating! :rofl01:

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Pareho lang silang magaling!!!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Nagiging Outlander vs. Santa Fe thread na naman to.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sa pagkaalam ko tatlong taon na outlander sa America or bale 1 yr older sa Sta Fe pero di pa din included sa ratings

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ^tsk tsk get your facts straight naman before mindlessly posting away

http://www.automotive.com/2006/12/mi...ews/index.html

http://www.internetautoguide.com/rev...006/index.html

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Para akong nkipagtalo sa erpat ko (kitid wetware), tagalog na lang. Hinde ko sinasabing mas maganda ang santafe nyo kaysa outlander at hinde ko rin sinasabi mas maganda ang outlander sa santa fe.

Pinag kukumpara ko sila kase halos pareho sila ng haba,laki,lapad at bigat etc. Kaya ko ginamit yung pinakamahal ninyong santafe sa pag kumpara kase wala pang resulta yung outlander sa roll over test, kaya ang ginawa ko ay naghanap ako ng maiihambing sa outlander, eh nagkataon na ang pinakamalapit ay ang santa fe kaya ko siya ginamit. Ibig sabihin ng walang resulta ay hinde pa sila nakapag test ng sasakyan.

Hinde rin naman ibig sabihin na bumagsak na ito manong. Pag ang dalawang bagay ay halos magkapareho may chance na kung anong gawin mo dun sa isa HALOS pareho sila ng resulta. Nauubusan na ako ng tagalog kaya
    paki hanap na lang po yung ibig sabihin ng [SIZE=7]Comparative Analysis

[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    The 2007 outlander we have now is totally different from the 2006 or older models. the 2007 outlander is as it is, newly released lang talaga.I think old blue should research first before posting at hindi yun banat ng banat nonsense naman. in almost every topic, biased or one-sided ang mga opinions nya or as pakupakupaku post: "kitid wetware"

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by surg View Post
    The 2007 outlander we have now is totally different from the 2006 or older models. the 2007 outlander is as it is, newly released lang talaga.I think old blue should research first before posting at hindi yun banat ng banat nonsense naman. in almost every topic, biased or one-sided ang mga opinions nya or as pakupakupaku post: "kitid wetware"
    pansin mo rin boss ha, spin doctor daw e.

manong :rofl01:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
New Roll Over Ratings for SUV released