New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I'm planning to get a minivan and was curious what's a better seat material for the my young kids. Cloth seems ok since its washable although it may be stained. Leather can be wiped but it can break as well so I'm confused hehe.

In your situation, assuming cost is not the main factor, which one would you choose? Will seat material matter?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Pre,

I was in your situation before......and i end up going on the cloth. Reason????...Pinapawisan mga anak ko pag natulog na sa leather. Nagugulat na lang ako pag iba-baba ko na sila and tulog na...pagbuhat ko basa yung side nila na nakadikit sa leather, madalas siempre yung likod nila. Kahit pa malamig aircon ganun nangyayari. Saka legs ko din pag naka-shorts lang ako driving...pinapawisan din.... Malagkit tuloy...hehehehe.....So i decided to use cloth on our other car.

I hope this helps.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Oh I see...di kaya dahil synthetic leather seat covers gamit mo? Pansin ko mainit kasi synthetic seat covers kadalasan and parang malagkit.

Sorry I guess I didn't make myself very clear. What I meant was whether mas ok genuine leather seats or fabric seats w/ cloth seat cover if madalas mga kids (1-5 yrs old) sasakay. Kung baga, which type of seat is easier to maintain.

Thanks again!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Synthetic leather gamit ko and tama nga grabe sa pawis. Nag-crack na rin yung sa may headrest sa backseat dahil exposed sa araw. Advantage lang nun is punas lang kung may mess.

Corduroy kaya?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Actually with real leather, mas mainit pa din compared to cloth. One of our cars has real leather and pinapawisan likod ko dun on a hot day.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    AFAIK, may anti-stain fabric protector spray na nabibili para sa cloth upholstery on the off-chance na tumagos sa cover ang stain. Pero ang leather afaik kahit synthetic o genuine, mainit. Why do I think mainit kahit genuine leather? Pipol wear it in winter in the US ala jeans na makapal -- hardly ever in spring or lalo na, summer.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    CONS of Leather: Just today, I was wearing my Gracie Barra shirt with a big print on the back, dumidikit sya eventhough I'm not sweating. Di naman natanggal ung print, pero it was annoying when I moved forward to get my shades tumutunog ung paghiwalay nung shirt ko from the seat. Eh dba mga kids gusto printed ung mga shirts with superheroes? Hahahaha.

I suggest you get the cloth. Di na maiinit tpos madali linisan and if accidentally ung mga kids nabutas or nasira sya with a sharp object, mura lang gastos. Dark colors na lang para di dumihin =) On my Pajero, cloth. Gray ung color para terno hahahaha sa interior.

PS: Wag naman curduroy................................. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Pang mga taxi during the late 80's to early 90's hahahaha ung P10 pa lang flagdown rate!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    In the Philippines I would prefer cloth with Scotchgard treatment for stain protection. Leather would just be too hot even with A/C. If you park in a area with sunlight even with dark tint, get ready to get burned if you are wearing shorts. Here in the US I have leather and during the summer it get's real hot, I can't imagine what it would be like there.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    [QUOTE=redorange;758777]In the Philippines I would prefer cloth with Scotchgard treatment for stain protection. Leather would just be too hot even with A/C. If you park in a area with sunlight even with dark tint, get ready to get burned if you are wearing shorts. Here in the US I have leather and during the summer it get's real hot, I can't imagine what it would be like there.[/QUOTE

Summer here is different from the Philippines. Here ,it is "burning
    " summer. People in the Philippines do not oftentimes park car with a leather seat under the sun for a long period of time. They always take care of it. To get to the topic though, I go for the leather seats if money is not an issue.I upgraded my SUV from cloth to leather. No issue at all.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    I think the main difference between the US 'summer' and phils 'summer' is the humidity in the phils.

Its a difficult situation you have cloth or leather? I've had pamangkins throw up in my car, drinks spilled, food all over the place, so the convenience of leather takes my vote.

But whatever you choose, don't forget the DVD player keeps them still during long hours of driving

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Leather or cloth seats for the family?