New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex View Post
    thanks for the info. i'll keep that in mind.

question. what if i used these cables specified for diesel-use only on gas vehicles?
    Walang 'diesel-use' only the jumper. They put the 'gasoline-use only' marking instead of 'low capacity only' para mas maganda pakinggan. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep I agree, the thicker the wire the better. if you're going to make one, you can also use the copper wires used in home electrical rated 600VA. yun ang gamit ko noon and kahit anong sasakyan at battery di sya umiinit at nasusunog. be sure to use heavy duty clamps tho baka yun naman ang mag-melt.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So what's the rule of thumb when jumpstarting vehicles? Can a battery with larger capacity (e.g. 3SMF) be used to start a battery with a smaller capacity (e.g. 2SMF) and vice versa? Also, can a diesel vehicle be used to start a gas-powered vehicle?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm...ano nga ba?

A Honda (1sm) jumpstarted my brother's former Sentra (2sm)

I've jumpstarted an Adventure diesel and a Chevy Cassia (2sm)

Fuel type does not really matter. I'm just not sure about battery size because if the donor vehicle's engine is running, it's making sufficient voltage anyways (14++) even if it is a Kia Picanto.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    walang rule, pagkakabit lang ang rule.

yung batery na drained will eat-up the charge of the newer battery.

well, i simplify my work, hindi ko na inaalis yung battery from the car with a good charged battery...but iniistart ko ang oto (bale naka idling).

I would then connect the negative terminal of the car battery to the BODY of the drained battery vehicle. Then connect the positive terminal of the car battery to the positvie terminal of the other car battery.

Then start the non running car. Pagka start, I'll immediately remove the positive terminal connections...then next na yung isa.

I'll let the car run for a good 15 minutes. Measure the voltage of the battery terminals kung umaabot ng mahigit 12volts (can go as high at 14v minsan ito).

Turn off the car and restart. If nagrestart okay na. For the next 2 or 3 days I would regularly monitor the charge of the battery. Better still I would suggest you go to battery shop and verify the status of the battery or the alternator kung okay pa.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    I would then connect the negative terminal of the car battery to the BODY of the drained battery vehicle. Then connect the positive terminal of the car battery to the positvie terminal of the other car battery.
    Was wondering, when I "rescued" my wife's car with a dead battery, I couldn't find the ground of the drained battery. It was dark and raining, I had to use the teeny weeny light of my small flashlight. What I did was I, connected the ground (negative?) to the battery. Is this bad?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Jumper cables for diesel vehicles