New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Sir arb,
    my first leaf sprung car was the ranger trekker, my current everest is the 2nd.My old ranger's suspension isnt as hard as the eve(because i reversed one leaf from the spring pack on each side). My problem is I couldnt reverse the spring from the eve because in unladen form it is already straight to begin with. Its not the uncontrollable bounciness but the kicking sensation you feel. I tried sitting in the back one time and I almost threw up hehehe. Up front I have no problems. My 10 seater crv was already bouncy and the eve is even worse..I just want to achieve at least almost close to the ride of the innova in my eve. In my guesstimate, I plan to shorten the fourth leaf of the spring pack for a softer ride as only the first 3(instead of the first 4) leafs ang maglalaro.In this scenario I somewhat softened the ride but maintained ground cearance. Is my experiment possible? or is there a better way?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I suggest that you invert a leaf spring, then add longer shackles to compensate for the drop in the height. keep the originals and if you happen to sell the everest in the future you can revert them to original specs.

never done this to an everest, I dont know the effect in the carrying capability or handling effect since the everest is heavier than a pick-up. another solution is to look for a longer leaf spring that you intend to invert and place it in the place of the leaf spring you want inverted and keep the original.

HTH

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    sorry, medyo naguguluhan ako.the everest spring kasi as oem spec is medyo diretso na, so inverting one of them would be useless. other leaf sprung cars kasi ay curved upwards ang leaf springs nila, yung sa eve diretsong diretso even without load.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    they arer flat because of the load of the vehicle. try to jack up the body by the chassis and let the rear suspension hang you will see that they are all curved.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    sorry, medyo naguguluhan ako.the everest spring kasi as oem spec is medyo diretso na, so inverting one of them would be useless. other leaf sprung cars kasi ay curved upwards ang leaf springs nila, yung sa eve diretsong diretso even without load.
    tama si arb. leafsprings are no straight, they are elliptical in nature. so they are called elliptical leafsprings..

6. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by teamsicnarf View Post
    mga sir,
    q lang po:
    is 3000 pesos is pair or pc for "load plus"?
    any store in particular that would find load plus in banawe? contact person?

thanks in advance
    1 pair na po. Dunno the current price today. Sa Gold*chuva* Car Accs. Shop sa likod ng Dencio's Banaue.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin View Post

Pros...
    Less stress sa spring kapag puno ka.
    Pogi points sa vehicle.
    May improvement sa handling at sa bodyroll(Lifted(stock) kasi yung ride ko)

Cons
    May additional tagtag kapag solo ka pero oks lang sa akin.
    Additional gastos.
    Thanks Frank!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    btw sirs, whats the typical price of a good quality shock? any good value brand you would like to recommend thats better than the oem?

nga pala my ride is isuzu crosswind..medyo matigas sya.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Sir on my 1996 adventure ang ginawa ng casa pinalitan yung auxiliary leaf spring ng manipis nagimprove yung ride but you have to sacrifice the load capacity.Kaya you have to choose between ride and load capacity.madaling magpalambot ng ride kung kaya mong isacrifice yung load cap.madaming klase ang leaf spring.kasi kapag bibili ka ng leaf spring may mga specs yan gaya ng Width, Length, Thickness at yung laki ng butas na lalagyan mo ng leaf spring bolt.kung gusto nyo naman bawasan yung original leaf spring magdagdag lang kayo ng spacer to compensate sa thickness na binawas nyo or udjust shackle para yung height is still the same,another option is replace your leaf spring with thin leaf spring with same number of leaves. then shocks fluid mas malambot, kaso kapag may karga di mo sya gaano makakargahan ng mabigat.
    SO decide soft ride less load cap. or high load cap matagtag kapag walang karga?
    Another option maglagay ng load like bag of sand or cement?pero sagwa di ba?In this option, try nyo pumunta sa nagbebenta ng mga heavy equipment, maghanap kayo ng counterweight ng tractor,yung nilalagay nila sa harap ng tractor,yun mas OK yun tingnan as load kesa sako ng buhangin or cement.made of hard solid steel with 2" thick kasing bigat ng isang sakong buhangin kahit bumili kayo ng 2 nun then ipwesto nyo sa magkabilang dulo sa likod. di masagwa tingnan.
    Hope this will help

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    sir arb,
    nung na jack ko kasi sa axle kaya diretso, tiningnan ko yung kabila na hindi naka jack diretso din. ill try to jack it up sa chassis para malaman. yung sa ranger kasi kahit stationary lang kitang kita na elliptical ang springs nya kaya nagtataka ako dito sa everest

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Improving the ride (for cars w/ leafspring suspension)