New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by kimpOy
    mangyan,
    tamang tama, si sir bogart nahahanap ng auto hubs.
    mag swap na lang kayo
    Teka, di ba naghahanap ka din ng manual hubs?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    confusing...confusing...up to now I still dont understand hubs that much...sa gen2 strada...may hubs ba? I towt pag naka auto pwede 4H sa paved roads? naguguluhan ako... :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ungas naghahanap ako ng manuals hubs pero hindi ko swap yung sa akin.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nikko,

Check your drive status indicator on the dashboard. Does it have the words 'Super Select on them. Like this:

Then it's not supposed to have hubs be it manual or automatic. If your hubs say AUTOMATIC then they are automatic which basically means you stop, shift into four wheel drive and drive off again without having to manually turn the hubs. Unlocking is simply a matter of shifting back into 2H AND BACKING UP a few feet or so. Something which a lot of people keep forgetting to do.

notEworthy27,

Automatic hubs simply mean you do not have to alight from the vehicle to lock/engage them. But they are still governed by the same laws which prevent 4wd systems from being driven on paved roads (e.g. binding phenomena, etc.).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kimpOy::: Oh okies...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    otep,
    damn!ganyan na ganyan nga yun dash indicator ko.same din sa ibang units.pwede pa ba ibalik yun?

and ano ba advantages kung nilagyan ng freewheeling?or pura dissadvantages?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ok but what are the advantages of having manual locking hubs? ano naman yung super select? meron din ba yung strada? haha

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nikko,
    Nakow, nakatay na pala ang SS4wd mo. Hehehehe. Nasan na yung inalis na plug sa dulo ng axles? Yung pinaglagyan ng hubs now? Pwede pa naman iyan ibalik. Mas simple pa nga ang arrangement ng SS4wd kasi hubless siya.

According to 4x4wire, "They [SS4wd units] have drive flanges to lock the cv to the wheel, all the time."

Advantages? Wala ata ako maisip. Hehehehe. Because when you're in 2H, the CAD (central axle disconnect) will do the freewheeling duties already. Redundant na lang yung hubs. Main disadvantage is wala ka nang shift-on-the-fly capabilities.

notEworthy27,

Manual hubs gives you full control. You are always SURE when they are locked or unlocked. SS4wd is for the Pajero only. It is a 4wd system that can be used on paved roads and engaged up to speeds of 100 kph.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Ic...so theres a possibility that the hubs might still be locked after shifting to 2H? Whats the system of the strada? could it also be shifted on the fly?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sabi nila (hindi pa kasi ako nagkaka-Strada, hehehehe). Shift on the fly naman daw pero not up to 100kph and dapat hindi sa paved roads.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
hub lock freewheel?