New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys,
    do you know where i can get this?surplus for 2nd gen pajero?pwede rin daw yun pang delica.need it asap.thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If your Pajero uses the Super Select system (the one with the center difflock) then it does not have freewheel hubs. It uses a CAD (central axle disconnect) to be able to drive in 2H. Putting freewheel hubs on the Super Select system disables the ability to shift-on-the fly. If for some reason you are having trouble with the SS system, just put it in 4H (not 4Hlc) as this is the 'default' mode of the front axle.

But if you have the conventional 4x4 system, then even the ones from Stradas will work. Your choice if you want auto or manual. Siyempre mas preffered ng off-roaders ang manual. You can even get name-brand hubs from stores like Armark.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bought mine sa banawe 2000 yata each.
    auto hubs.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Originally posted by kimpOy
    bought mine sa banawe 2000 yata each.
    auto hubs.
    Sir Kimps dati bang manual hub sayo?

kung auto hubs binili mo...mayroon bang additional switch sa loob para magamit mo yung 4wd? yung parang dial switch sa ibang rides?

tnx sanay po kasi ako sa manual hehe
    sensya na po sa tanong...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by OTEP
    If your Pajero uses the Super Select system (the one with the center difflock) then it does not have freewheel hubs. It uses a CAD (central axle disconnect) to be able to drive in 2H. Putting freewheel hubs on the Super Select system disables the ability to shift-on-the fly. If for some reason you are having trouble with the SS system, just put it in 4H (not 4Hlc) as this is the 'default' mode of the front axle.

But if you have the conventional 4x4 system, then even the ones from Stradas will work. Your choice if you want auto or manual. Siyempre mas preffered ng off-roaders ang manual. You can even get name-brand hubs from stores like Armark.

otep,
    can you pls explain it to me further?or in lay mans term?kce super select yun pajero,tapos our mechanic installed the free wheeling hubs,well,it runs fine naman,know he wants to install one in the other pajero.what are the pros and cons again?thanks

and nag inquire ako sa motorix and bestcolt,wala daw silang available na free wheeling hubs,then i called up one surplus shop,meron daw silang surplus,6.5k set.and also 4m40 gearbox for 12t,is it a good deal already?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yikes! Nilagyan niyo ng hubs yung Super Select? Bye-bye Super Select na iyan kung ganun. Ginawa niyo nang conventional 4WD. Super Select has the advantage of being shift on the fly up to 100kph and that it can be used on paved roads (i.e. madulas dahil sa ulan, may mudslide, etc.).

Ano ang logic ng mechanic for installing the hubs? If the front wheel icons on the Super Select indicator are flashing while driving, it usually means you have a vacum leak or sensor problem. It does not warrant putting in freewheel hubs as the system was designed to function without one.

Maybe you need a new mechanic? :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Btw, some vehicles with conventional 4wd systems come from the factory without freewheel hubs (i.e. government models of the Pajero and Strada). They are retrofitted with hubs (manual or automatic) in the interest of less driveline drag and better fuel economy. Something that the Super Select system has solved by employing a CAD (central axle disconnect) which allows the front axle to freewheel.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT: meron bang nabibiling locking hubs for patrol sa banawe?
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung hybrid-type ang hanap mo (yung OEM), I'm not sure. Pero kung yung mga conventional na hubs (either manual or automatic), madaming surplus na Aisin hubs sa Banawe. Matter of finding one that will fit na lang siguro ito.

Btw, most four wheelers swear that Aisins are better than hubs from AVM, Warn or Superwinch or most other name-brand hubs.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    do you mean kapag manual ang nabili ko, laging manual. and auto, laging auto? yung sa akin ngayon di ba parang naka auto na ito?
    Signature

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
hub lock freewheel?