New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    2 apv???

y not an apv and a suzuki swift diba best of both worlds when u like to conserve gas oh de swift ang dalhin mo then pag large group yung apv kasya pa lahat at kaya pa sa baha ! diba hehe also a looker or yung new escudo/vitara coming this aug 10 together witht the swift !

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    isuzu's 2.5 di 4ja1 engine is the best in fuel economy. a full tank (40L) can give us roughly 600-700kms. that's economy!

but we don't usually load our xuv to the max. just the usual 2-5 persons. heck, it is even roomier than our patrol when it comes to hauling baggages from the airport when i'm fetching my parents and their friends.

if you're thinking of the sportivo, might as well think of the starex crdi. it has a cavernous cabin that could fit anything! damn cold aircon, with lots of options not found in the sportivo. just go for the manual, you won't regret it.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy
    mukhang u want a diesel engine car? y not an everest, with that kind of money u can buy it na 4x2 nga lang.
    No not that, to tell you franklly I don't know either what's difference between gas & diesel engines when it comes to different aspects. Alam ko mas mura ang diesel sa gasoline, pero yong consumption ng each vehicle I believe differs. It is just that when deciding to buy a car iyong hindi ko pagsisihan sa huli kasi malaking pera din ang bibitiwan ko. At saka yon bang maraming choices to choose from. One of these choices is ford everest, isuzu alterra, or isuzu sportivo.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung isuzu alterra o sportivo, mag everest 4x2 ka nalang, mas sulit ka pa talaga....but kung makapaghihintay ka pa....wait mo fortuner gas o diesel 4x4 o 4x2, ok na ok yan pati sa presyo.why not get a 2nd hand suv like the pajero....ok na ok din yun o trooper....mura na now mga yun. n yet new units pa yan

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    How about the mitsubishi adveture? Is this SUV can compete with everest or fortuner when it comes to price, performance, fuel efficiency and safety features? Need advise again and thanks to all for your feed back....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ortonko
    Thank you all for all your advices, I will consider them all when buying the SUV. How about the isuzu sportivo? I know this is not 4 X 4, I'm just wondering because I've seen toyota fx traveling back & fort from Bicol to Manila without problem. I'm pretty sure this would also be the same with isuzu sportivo. Besides, sportivo would only cost me about 1.1 million PHP. Howabout the performance, fuel consumption and safety features of this isuzu sportivo, are they okay? Need your ideas & feedback! Thanks again....
    I'd rather get a Ford Everest than a Sportivo.

The Everest has a better engine, proper seats for 7 persons and most importantly safety features!

Quote Originally Posted by ortonko
    How about the mitsubishi adveture? Is this SUV can compete with everest or fortuner when it comes to price, performance, fuel efficiency and safety features? Need advise again and thanks to all for your feed back....
    I don't think that the Adventure is at par with the Fortuner/Everest. Heck... the Fortuner V has more than double the horsepower of the Adventure... :bwahaha:
    Last edited by mazdamazda; August 7th, 2005 at 10:41 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    first, mitsu adventure in not an suv, it is an auv. there's a whole lot of difference between an suv and an auv. an suv is synonymous with power and luxury while an auv means economy and practicality. it won't come close to the everest, and against the fortuner it's in a totally different league (like 2 notches below). it's like comparing a 1.3L toyota corolla xl with a 2.4L toyota camry, simply not in the same category.

matakaw daw sa gas ang adventure. the diesel variant has the same engine used in L300 and 2.5 pajero.
    Last edited by yebo; August 7th, 2005 at 11:00 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Tama po si sir yebo. First make up your mind kung ano ang gusto nyong sasakyan;
    when it comes to practicality and fuel economy, go for AUV range - adventure & sportivo or MPV/INV - innova. Price range - below P1M (cash)
    But if you prefer comfort, style, & luxury, go for SUV range.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wag na po iconsider ang adventure. hehehe.. wala lang, ayoko lang talaga ang looks ng adventure. panahon pa ng highlander yung design nya, puro cosmetic changes lang ang ginagawa. buti pa ibang car companies, made new designs learned from the previous generation.

here are my votes for each category:
    auv-- crosswind
    van-- starex crdi
    suv-- everest

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Try to test drive the Everest. You'll be surprised, it has amazing NVH!!! Ford has done a good job isolating noise of the diesel engine. It also has tons of space on the 2nd row. And you have the huge groud clearance that almost all ford SUV's have.
    Last edited by cardo; August 8th, 2005 at 09:30 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Help to choose SUV's 7 seater!