New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pero syempre, still can't beat a car out in the open road and in the corners (just as you can't beat a truck on the beaten path)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A conventional automobile does have its advantages. I guess its just a metter of filling in one's needs.

Trucks fit my needs extremely well.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Originally posted by explorer
    trivia: 90% of lincoln town car owners are 45~60+ years old.
    Yes, lincolns and cadillacs have always been patronized by that demographic.

But here's a more interesting fact:

In North America, in the recent years, the Toyota Corolla's customers' average age is . . . . . . . . 46 years old! For this reason, Toyota USA launched the Scion product line - like the Scion Matrix which has been moderately popular in the States. The Scion is intended to keep Toyota's foothold in the subcompact market.

I guess US$15-18K for a Corolla is no longer entry-level for the young crowd in North America.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    sir chronophile, i think sa cali palang available ang scion, next year pa lalabas sa ibang states dba? mukhang modded na element hehehe

btw, since never kami nagkaroon ng car sa family, so i guess depende nga siguro, ok lang sakin ang car, but id still prefer SUV. kahit na mini ute lang tong dinadrive ko. ok lang baguhan naman eh hehe baka pagnakagraduate na ako dito pwede na ako mag fullsize. ala nga sa age yan, im still young din and depende sa needs, pero still sa manila d na ok ang Sedan

pag uuwi ako sa province next next week i think everest ata madadrive ko dun at canter naku masusubukan ako nito kaya lang ala traffic dun hehe...

i noticed na i'm moving up the engine displacement range every time i change my car. starting from a 1.1L to a 1.7L to a 2.2L..... what next, a 3.0L?

but i noticed that recently i'm starting to like SUVs over fast cars (considering i'm just 21)....because of its large tires and high ground clearance....naaawa ako sa kotse ko pag tumatakbo sa uneven surface like the Quirino to Magallanes part of SLEX....hindi nga pothole, sobra namang uneven! pag SUV car mo, di problem yun eh!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    phillipogi..what more sa NLEX ngaun sus!! halos d pwede mag change lane baka bigla umangat hehe

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Originally posted by pissword
    sir chronophile, i think sa cali palang available ang scion, next year pa lalabas sa ibang states dba? mukhang modded na element hehehe

btw, since never kami nagkaroon ng car sa family, so i guess depende nga siguro, ok lang sakin ang car, but id still prefer SUV. kahit na mini ute lang tong dinadrive ko. ok lang baguhan naman eh hehe baka pagnakagraduate na ako dito pwede na ako mag fullsize. ala nga sa age yan, im still young din and depende sa needs, pero still sa manila d na ok ang Sedan

pag uuwi ako sa province next next week i think everest ata madadrive ko dun at canter naku masusubukan ako nito kaya lang ala traffic dun hehe...
    That's right, California is the testbed for global car companies. It also has the toughest emission laws, and the biggest car market in the continental US. That is obviously explained by the fact that the state of California is the tenth biggest economy ..... in the whole world! Lolo Arnold Schwarzanegger certainly picked the right state to make his way to Washington!

Kaka-inggit talaga mga based sa states. I suppose you've noticed a long long time ago how affordable pre-owned, pristine SUVs are in that part of the world! Just take a look at ebay and you'll see what i mean... LC100s just a few years old selling for less than $20K. 5 year old LC 80s going for $10K. Yummy!

Pissword, give us a field report naman of how the Everest is.:D

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ok..try ko pag nakaonline ako on the 24th, kasi 23 ako uuwi eh alam ko un ang susundo sakin hehehe so itetest ko, kaya lang 4x2 lang un na silver ata and hiway driving un malamang.

haayy sana wala na kasing tax tax, un mga LC ba ginagawa sa US? d tulad ng rav na CBU from japan to anywhere in the world since nung simula?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    the scion brand is supposed to be sold statewide in the middle of next year. they have 2 models so far the echo-based xA and the boxy xB. they're bringing in a european toyota model sometime in 05 as the xC. the biggest headache for toyota USA is its aging customer base hence the scion brand.
    US landcruisers are made in japan, and so are the rav4's, 4runners(hilux surf in japan), lexus gx470(LC prado), lx470 (LC cygna) and rx330 (harrier). the RX will be built in canada pretty soon.
    US-made SUV's--full-size sequoia, midsize highlander

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    still young but i don't think i'll ever have an SUV (definitely will never ever have a van)...i love speed and cornering too much

maybe if you dieselclub guys took me on one of your expeditions when i go home to the philippines, i'll change my mind ;)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Growing older = Changing vehicle preferences