New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Have you always preferred UVs over cars?

Am in my 30's, and have noticed that many of my peers, especially those with families already have started gravitating towards vans and UVs in recent years. I guess having a family affects everything, even your indulgence.

Like most, I started out with 1600 sedans, then graduated to a 2 liter sedan. In recent years, I've stuck with my 4X4 as my daily ride. Mine is 100% city driving and I know it's big and impractical, and a gasoline guzzler, but I no longer get any enjoyment out of driving a sedan, which can be a setback, because I'm thinking that when the time comes to retire my present rig, I may not be able to afford another SUV!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nah... I don't think that age has got something to do with rides. I'm still young, but eversince I started to drive a taller vehicle than a sedan, I never had the urge to drive lowly. Driving something with a taller stance vehicle does have its ups and downs. One advatage I could think of right now is having to see traffic ahead of you in which you could divert to other streets and make a detour. While on the other hand, height limited parking spaces limit you and your vehicle from covered areas, such as malls with 1.9m height.

But it does come in handy driving a utility vehicle or van especially when your family is growing, not interms of physical size, but the actual number count of passengers and their ages.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hirap bumalik sa sedan pag nasanay ka sa mataas na sasakyan hehe... feeling ko ang liit-liit ng side mirrors at kung nasa likod ka ng malaking SUV, underchassis at bumper yung nakikita mo, hindi tailgate hehehe... (pero ok lang)

ungas: "i'm still young,..."

yeah riiiiiiiight...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm also still young, pero family man na ako. and in my experience, mas ok talaga kung van or suv. tuwing magbabakasyon ang mga anak ko sa mga byenan ko, halos hindi na mag kasya sa patrol mga gamit nila, what more kung sedan?
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe...si happiman ang tanungin natin. ever since gusto ko na ng mataas, i guess ako sa monetary consideration. i started with sedans, then nun naging affordable ang suv (2nd hand ah) i jumped into one. have you notice kahit mga rich kids suv na ang type nila.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    trivia: 90% of lincoln town car owners are 45~60+ years old.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For style and economic reasons, ganyan talaga ang trend.

It seems that you need less and less speed and more and more convenience as you grow older...... and like Ungas, im young!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have preference for all .... I like the pick-up (which have been my regular service vech) for utility and all around driving, I like sedans (some previous jobs have this as my regular service) for smoothness or ride and acceleration, I like vans - great for barkada or group lakad, I like go-carts for speed (ultimate), I like motorbikes (no traffic)....I would probably love an SUV (if I could own/drive one)...I would probably love a hard-core off-roader (just like how I loved my bmx racing in the dirty).... I would probably love driving an airplane or boat too (given a chance to drive or own one).....

Old or young....I just love any vechicle.....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I started driving in an MB100. Then I went to a W123 300D sedan. Tapos nun Kia Besta na. Currently, GEN II Pajero ang gamit ko.

I have always loved diesels. And the unavailability of diesel engines for sedans has always been a turn off for me.

Life is too big for cars. There are people to ferry, stuff to haul and places to get to. Ika nga ni Olive Drab: "Don't compromise your mobility." That's why I'm driving an all-weather, all-terrain vehicle.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Given the chance to compare comfort levels on each vehicle, I'd vote for a van with IFS and solid rear diffs with LSD than an SUV. Sedans suspension system is primarily made for clear roads only, it can't bear much of the potholes and enormous sharp humps.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Growing older = Changing vehicle preferences