New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm, in my opinion I think the savings you get on the fuel, is not enough to put undue strain in the transmissions and the injection pump, coz pag kumatok transmission at nawala sa timing yung injection pump mas costly in the long run. Plus mas mag smoke belch siya pag hindi mataas yung rev dahil yung diesel hindi masusunog ng maiigi sa chamber.

Di ba pag tumakbo na ng 120 ang mga 4d56 halos wala ka namang makitang usok sa tailpipe, more or less the revs at that point is >3000 rpm.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    OTEP , ok tachmeter remains the same...but how bout the speedometer? :D

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    Shifting prematurely with enough power to sustain higher gears are safe. What is not safe is when you force to shift prematurely where the engine vibrates excessively. Or run on higher gear after slowing down that the momentum is almost off.
    Thanks for the clarification, sir Ungas I thought all the while that I may be doing some damage on my engine when I shift on the lower rpm. I do shift on the lower rpm but I do it just enough so that the engine does not make much noise and that it is not vibrating nor looking "hirap sa paghatak". I do this style to save on fuel. I guess I am doing it correctly after all

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my car seems to be happier when it is driven hard.. although syempre. bagsak ka sa KM/L... hehehe..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    nagengine brakes naman ako pag downhill. What i was trying to say pag mabilis na ang takbo mo tapos na measure mo na ang distance ng braking, magglide ka nalang para natural braking nalang ang magoccur. Sige Thanks po!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    That's exactly how I do it. Dahil dalawa lang kami ni misis sa byahe most of the time, I shift at 2000rpm. If there are two additional passengers on the second row seats, I shift at 2500rpm.
    Same here... ang shifting ko on my Adventure diesel is in that range... pag-loaded and paakyat, need to shift at 2500rpm.

To save fuel, I also cruise on neutral on long descents and nearing stops. And when on highway or clear traffic at 80KPH (and my Adventure is not loaded), I would stay between 1500-2000rpm on 5th gear to maintain the speed... as long as hindi ko nararamdaman na nagshake yung dashboard ko which would mean na nahihirapan na makina ko (yung maririnig mong kumakambog yung mga barya dun sa holder sa vibration).
    Last edited by RafRaf; December 22nd, 2004 at 08:10 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    How about that habit of some jeepney drivers? Yung halos pina-pump na nila yung gas while accelerating? (tapak... release... tapak... release... tapak...)

I find this very annoying, not to mention uncomfortable. Ano epekto nito sa engine & fuel consumption?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Rediesel
    Hmmm, in my opinion I think the savings you get on the fuel, is not enough to put undue strain in the transmissions and the injection pump, coz pag kumatok transmission at nawala sa timing yung injection pump mas costly in the long run. Plus mas mag smoke belch siya pag hindi mataas yung rev dahil yung diesel hindi masusunog ng maiigi sa chamber.

Di ba pag tumakbo na ng 120 ang mga 4d56 halos wala ka namang makitang usok sa tailpipe, more or less the revs at that point is >3000 rpm.
    i had pushed my L200 4d56 to its limit i guess by running 145kph on a long stretch, normal lang buga ng usok not unless naka floor na ung pedal while still accelerating. but when reaching 145kph, i released the pedal a littlte bit in order to maintain the speed and this is the time na naging normal ang usok. in my observation, black smoke only comes out when you over feed the engine.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Baka parang yung MB100 sya.. dba?... or ewan!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda
    How about that habit of some jeepney drivers? Yung halos pina-pump na nila yung gas while accelerating? (tapak... release... tapak... release... tapak...)

I find this very annoying, not to mention uncomfortable. Ano epekto nito sa engine & fuel consumption?
    i read in one of the older threads na mas-aksayado iyan.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
"Ginagalit ang makina?"