Kelso (I see that you're into cock fighting),

Depende how much you are buying it. My aunt bought a 2nd hand 2.7S frontier 2000 at P440,000 kahapon. If you calculate that is just about the book value of a frontier that is depreciated at 3 years assuming it is zero value at 5 years.

A brand new 2.7 (all power na dahil wala na raw standard and elite editions) 2003 frontier SRP is about 770,000 (765,000 kung basic color special color ang added 5,000).

So you do your math na lang, maraming banks ngayon willing to give autoloan so why buy a 2nd hand if you can afford naman. Ipang down mo yung cash on hand and bunuin mo na lang ang monthly.

Mahirap and expensive din magmaintain ng diesel. But the 2.7 frontier is okay naman ang tipid (last time I checked, I'm within 8-11kms/litter depending on my driving habit). Kaskasero kasi ako (its very normal for me to fly between 140-160kph with my frontier whenever it is possible).

Overall, I would rate the frontier a good grade (though I haven't checked out the 2.9L Ford Ranger, 2.8L Toyota Hilux). I'm not into Strada or L200 unless they put in the 2.8L engine. IMHO, kayang-kayang iwanan ng 2.7 frontier ang ranger, 2.8 hilux and the pajero na naka 2.8L turbo (kasi nagawa ko na - but then again I could be wrong you know).

The things I don't like: It could not be lifted like the ranger and hilux and its too fast I could kill myself.

Yung lang po. My 2 cents. Peace.