New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and the stupid thing is, all this fuss started with the CR-V becoming an AUV... e sino ba nag-approve na gawing 10-seater AUV yung CR-V???? hindi ba yung government din?? :evil:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so ang lumalabas kasalanan ng honda ang lahat ng ito? :twisted:
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    one more thing that i find puzzling... bakit ang laki laki ng madadagdag na tax on these 2wd utility vehicles dahil sa paglift sa AUV tax exemption?

consider: under the current tax scheme, 4wd is automatically slapped with a 100% tax (right?). a 5-seat RAV4 costs 1.3M with this tax included.

now, a 5-seat Revo or Crosswind (since it no longer matters how many seats the utility vehicle has) without 4wd costs about the same amount of 1.2-1.3M? what the heck? bakit ganun? it should be around 900K-950K lang diba, roughly about a little less than the RAV4 SV (which is a 990K 5-seater, 2wd, 1.8L UV, note that these are the same specs for a revo), taking into account that the RAV4 is a more "expensive" vehicle than the revo.

the gen1 4wd CR-V sold for 1.2M, that price includes a 100% excise tax. i do NOT see any reason why the 2WD gen2 cr-v should sell for as much, e wala naman yung 4wd to bloat the tax.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That's done daw to recoup the losses..

Total Tax Collection = Tax per vehicle x Volume

Sa akin lang, tong bobi na govt., akala eh pag tinaasan yan tax, tataas din ang total tax collection, di na naconsider volume, di naman constant yon.

Eh pag naging zero ang ang volume, kahit ata sa grade 2 di papasa. :twisted:

If we look at the AUV from the very start, eh talagang very basic commuter lang ito, eh syempre market shaped it up to where it is now, may mga vcd pa, why? dahil yong mga may pera nag-iisip din bakit bibili ng SUV na ang tax eh 100 percent. Kung meron man mangilan-ngilan lang.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Senate passed the 2nd reading,

and it says:

below 600,000: 2%

Between 601T to 1M:

12,000 + 20%(excess of 601T)

Now the evil part

Between 1M to 2M:

92000 + 100%(excess of 1,000,001)

More than 2M: 150%

So ang Trooper that sells at 1.6M will become 2,292,000

The Prado at 2.8M will become 3,500,000

Parang may bumigay yata sa Japanese Lobby

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dami kasing kurakot sa gobyerno kaya nangyari to

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mbt, Amazing no? Redhorse's reason as to why the govt increased the AUV tax is correct.

All i can say is.................... HELLLLOOOOO!!!! As if kakagatin ng tao ang AUV na kasing mahal na ng Mini SUV!!!!!! :twisted:

And i thought pa naman bababa presyo ng mga Midsize SUVs! HAAAY.

Here's my advice to all the peeps whose hearts were broken.......

DONT BE AFRAID TO BUY SECOND HAND!!! :wink:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys question, please pardon me bcoz im a little *slow* at times...

will the sport trac be affected by this tax? if yes, mga how much?

kasi my mom said bibili daw kami sa jan. pa

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi yata kasi under category siya ng pickup *not sure*

kasi dati mayron kaming F150 pero nung registration niya classified siya as pick up
    not a luxury vehicle

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    dont just not vote for these "geniuses", campaign against them!!! 4x4 wether they be luxury or working vehicles even 4x2 utility vehicles are important to the economy paricularly to te small man who has to bring his produce or product to the market.
    Know who voted for it then campaign against them!!!

Kasalanan din natin yan eh pinapabayaan natin yang mga "Matatalino" na mga yan.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Excise tax...