New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    doc diesel,
    Sir, I have a strada 2002 with 4d56 tdic engine. Sa akyatan medyo nahihirapan siya especially kapag full stop siya sa taas(nakabitin) at mag-accelerate. So ginagawa ko hina-handbrake ko, rev the engine until the turbo kicks in, then release the handbrake para hindi siya hirap. So, pina-adjust ko ung delivery ng injection pump ng isang ikot to remedy the problem. Road test ko ulit siya sa uphill, acceleration uphill improved pero problema ko naman ngayon ay black smoke when accelerating. Moderate lang po naman ang black smoke pero wala ito dati ng hindi ko pa pinapa-adjust ang delivery. So dinala ko sa emission testing and passed it with 1.96. Normal lang po ba ito?
    The problem,sir ay dito ako naka-based sa probinsiya kaya hindi ko agad madala diyan sa shop ninyo. Perhaps, this coming July I'll be going to Manila and visit your shop. For now, gusto ko lang makuha ang initial assessmentt ninyo base sa mga sinalaysay ko tungkol sa strada ko. salamat po.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ei doc diesel can u tell us the location of ur shop? though i feel nothing wrong im really concerned about the white smoke it emits.

wulf,

what a coincidence! though i still have my city up to now. still fuel-efficient like before.love that car. anyway bout our carnivals, do u observe the turbo "cooldown" time after long drives? what other problems do u encounter with ur carnival?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    BETAN CALIBRATION
    #240 Pablo Ocampo St.(formerly Vito Cruz Ext.)
    San Antonio Village, Makati
    Tel#: 8992519 * 8952566

Tama po ba, Doc Diesel?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks for filling the address mangyan!

To address your concerns:
    We have some maintenance tips on our website for you to read. Note that we don't have anything on oil usage or what type to use since this is not our forte. What we usually tell or advise our clients is to use what is recommended ng casa or somebody more knowleadgeble.

Yung white smoke though not heavy on morning start ups is definitely not normal since its an indication that maybe one or two of your nozzle tips are not working. Don't dare ask a mechanic to adjust the fuel system a few notches just to get the desired power or usok since manually adjusting the fuel delivery is tantamount to accelerating the detrioration of your fuel injection system. Adjustments and or calibration as a whole is done only on the calibrating machine with spec. sheet data on hand and the proper tools and tech know how.

Let's check on your engines first before we do any work so as to avoid any excessive expenses.

Doc Diesel

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bench
    yup,took note of dat 'cooldown' thng on a thread here somewhere...nwy,no odr probs so far,stil hapi w/ it.havent gone out of town tho,so stil havn maximizd my new ride...nwy,hav questn pala:want 2 transfer my cd chnger & amps 2 d carnival e,thnk it'l work?wil d steering wheel controls be affectd by d changer?

doc diesel,wil definitely try 2 pass by 1 of these days...when i hav a budget na! :lol: ala pa kasing buyer rav4 ko e, so im kinda strapped 4 cash ryt now

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    about ur changer & the amps. look for the manual of ur car stereo, should have come with the car when u bought it. "bontec" is the name of the manufacturer, look for the wiring diagram, and i think u will see if u can hook up ur amp & cd changer to the existing system. im quite content with the standard setup of the carnival's sound system, anyway what do u have? i think we have the same one, a 2-din in dash cd-player with cassete player & am/fm radio. count ur speakers. there should be eight.
    2 are dash mounted , another pair is located in the front door panels, while the other four is in the last row. off the topic, did urs came with an alarm?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bench
    sori,was gone 4 a while.nwy,yup,its d same thng.il prbbly bt install d changer anymore,jst d amps.d rav4's buyer pleaded 2 hav d cd changer e :lol: nwy,hw come there dsnt seem 2 be a fader 4 d front & back speakers?most of d tym kc my kids r aslip & i want 2 hav some music 2 keep me awake (u know naman our cars,sumtyms i thnk its 2 com4table & easy 2 dryv,it kinda lulls u 2 sleep :lol: ).myn came w/ alarm installd by d orig owner.its bulldog,US brand.has 4 buttns on it. me panic alarm pa 4 wen ur assaulted & a finder button 4 wen u dnt knw wer u parkd.kinda complc8d 2 configure tho.i knw ders a shutdown settng,pag na carnap ung car or sumthng.i guess il hav 2 go thru d manual :mrgreen: i posted andr topic, about headlyts naman.i notcd kc parang its not as bryt as d rav4's.e w/ d rains & all,medyo crucial.watyathnk?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Doc diesel, how much sa inyo magpa carbon clean ng Isuzu Crosswind XTO, 2001 model A/T 2.5 Turbo diesel? I'd like to have it done before ako magpa emission test. Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    finally had my ride carbon cleaned...& the answer is, yes, its worth it! significantly reduced smoke (not that my ride is mausok,but from 'noticeable' white smoke from time to time, now i have to look closely to see if there's smoke coming out.plus slightly better acceleration & a bit smoother ride kc mas efficient na ung engine. i think all engines, whether mausok or not, should undergo as part of your maintenance routine. so wat r u waiting for? ;-)

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    query narin ako doc diesel, 98 hilander ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Can any1 hir vouch 4 CARBON CLEAN?