New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    kung 2005 year model and below,for me its the ford ranger na. very powerful 2.5turbo intercooled engine. for that era yan na ang pinaka mabilis na pickup in its class. i used to own a 2001 ranger trekker, tested it at 170kph on the skyway. kaya pa kaso lang ayaw na ng sikmura ko hehe. its pretty reliable and durable too. in my 3 years (and 80k mileage)of ownership, i never had to change any underchassis parts nor did it give me any problems. pinangkakarga ko pa ito ng softdrinks at that time. ang napalitan ko palang are the tires and regular change oil lang. the most amusing part is even compact suv's and rice racers are having trouble keeping up. pero pag looks ang pag uusapan, its pretty bland and nothing to write home about.
    The old Ranger is nice to have as a 2nd hand buy because of the low resale value.

The only issue with it its relative thirst when it comes to fuel.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    The old Ranger is nice to have as a 2nd hand buy because of the low resale value.

The only issue with it its relative thirst when it comes to fuel.
    in fairness sa ford trekker 2004 namin maski hndi masyado head turner, matibay cya bihira lng magkasira, halos laspag sa gamit sa negosyo. nung iitrade in sana namn sa strada 2009 binibili sa amin ng 350 thou laki n rin kac ang pagkakabili namin 780 thou pa noon. hndi lng natuloy kac wala kami pang harabas.

sa fuel economy mga 7.3 km/l mas malakas pa ung gamit nya ng diesel kaysa sa fortuner namin na naglalaro ng 8.2km/l.cguro dahil luma na.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    hi just like to share this regarding our 95 model strada which was sold this september 2009.We are the first owner of this pick up, and it is our first pick up to have.

Strada is good when incomes to styling when compare to frontier, fuego and hilux along time ago. The problems that we encounter with 4d56 turbo were:

1. the engine easily overheat,(maybe because of we didint maintain well the engine, we usually change oil mostly every 4 months or 5 months and it was used 7 days a week with a 60 kms a day of travel.

2. the aircon is not much cold.

3. it emits black smoke.
    4. leaking power steering fluid.
    5. ball joint usually last for 1 half years.
    Postive side:

1. longer bed.
    2. tough suspension at the rear. we tend to put lots of cargo for delivery.
    3. parts are so available in banawe or everywhere
    4. when it was running for 3 years or more , it as fuel efficient, but then when turbo was damage and the cylinder head was replace 3 times, it had a consumption of around 7km/L in city.

We sell the pick up because of its 14 years of service. I didnt have the chance to take a picture of it because right now im here in the USA. i will missed our pick up because I can park it anywhere without minding if someone will bump on it or will get scratch.

I also learned from surplus engine store in Manila that toyota suffers headache from always replacing the engine head.
    Frontier was good pick up, I rode once in frontier and it had a powerful engine compare to Strada 2.5 4d56 turbo.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Memories...

The first vehicle I've ever driven was a Nissan Eagle. It was dad's company car back in the late 90's. He taught me how to drive the Eagle when I was about 11 or 12 years old. It was fast in its time; with dad's own capable of doing 160-170kmh. Maybe it was because of the good break-in. It was quite comfy, thanks to the built-in cabin freezer (A/C) that the pickup had. The worst thing about it was rear legroom but I didn't mind 'coz I was small enough to fit in there back in the day.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Nissan and Isuzu.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Oldschool Toyota FORRUNNER. Toyota Tamaraw Hi side pick up. PROVEN.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ISUZU FUEGO/DMAX LT - 4ja1 Engine
    NISSAN FRONTIER TD27

eto ang matibay!

pero yung nissan mas less na mas mausok!

yung isizu naman mausok pero tlgang matibay! depende din kc pnu gamitin. kung nasanay sa harabasan pero maingat, cgradong magtatagal! yung sa kakilala ko! '93 na isuzu 500k mileage buhay pa din! harabasan ang gmit. smooth p din yun nga lng malakas na s crudo.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by zildjian View Post
    is it ford ranger, l200, fuego, frontier, or hilux? out of d question na ang performance and features. pwede kasi na maganda performance at mga features pero madali naman masira mga parts resulting sa high maintenance cost.
    They all are, its their ability to be serviced is what you watch out for.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    STRADA is the pick-up nowadays. price is cheaper but durable and reliable.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I dont't know for other pick-ups but we are using here in Yemen either Toyota HiLux or LandCruiser only. See the kind of roads that HiLux is traversing daily for the past several years. We never experienced any vehicle breakdown except tire burst.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...e/DSCN1335.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...e/DSCN1304.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...e/DSCN1305.jpg

SHARING IS CARING.....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
The best pickup in terms of durability/reliability?