New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DavaoSteve09 View Post
    2009 MITSUBISHI STRADA THE BEST TLAGA OVERALL ANG DAMI FEATURES<GADGETS AND GANDA MASYADO NG DESIGN LIKE YOUR DRIVING A CAR...AND LUXURY PICK UP NAVARA NA YAN>>CHEERS
    Sir pre-2005 models po pinag-usapan. Kindly read previous posts before commenting.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    so guys if u had a choice between the 4x2 2004 isuzu fuego with the 4ja1 or the 4x2 nissan frontier with the td27 which will it be? may nakakaalam ba kung ano mas mahal ang piyesa at maintenance ng dalawa?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009

Definitely Nissan Frontier. Durable, dependable, and easy to maintain.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cbgavin View Post
    so guys if u had a choice between the 4x2 2004 isuzu fuego with the 4ja1 or the 4x2 nissan frontier with the td27 which will it be? may nakakaalam ba kung ano mas mahal ang piyesa at maintenance ng dalawa?
    IMO, you cannot go wrong with either of the two. Hindi rin magkalayo ang parts availability and prices.

Parang mas best seller ang Frontier than the Fuego. But the latter has a far better ride.

Just choose which one is in a better condition for the amount of money you have.

BTW, a Fuego (a 2nd hand buy) owner here.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    kung 2005 year model and below,for me its the ford ranger na. very powerful 2.5turbo intercooled engine. for that era yan na ang pinaka mabilis na pickup in its class. i used to own a 2001 ranger trekker, tested it at 170kph on the skyway. kaya pa kaso lang ayaw na ng sikmura ko hehe. its pretty reliable and durable too. in my 3 years (and 80k mileage)of ownership, i never had to change any underchassis parts nor did it give me any problems. pinangkakarga ko pa ito ng softdrinks at that time. ang napalitan ko palang are the tires and regular change oil lang. the most amusing part is even compact suv's and rice racers are having trouble keeping up. pero pag looks ang pag uusapan, its pretty bland and nothing to write home about.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    The best answer to your question would be the one you see most still running on the road. Tingnan mo rin yung condition.

The Fuego will most probably have issues with its body. Pero yun nga, mas komportable sya. Ang ayaw ko lang sa makina ng fuego may external hose sya from the water pump to the engine block.

Yung Frontier naman matagtag pero pag napalitan mo ng magandang gas shocks yung likod ok na rin.

Yung lumang Hilux na 4x2 sobrang underpowered. Matagtag din. This is the oldest of the lot, I think.

I don't know much about the others.

I'd save up and get a 2nd hand newer model.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DavaoSteve09 View Post
    2009 MITSUBISHI STRADA THE BEST TLAGA OVERALL ANG DAMI FEATURES<GADGETS AND GANDA MASYADO NG DESIGN LIKE YOUR DRIVING A CAR...AND LUXURY PICK UP NAVARA NA YAN>>CHEERS
    The Strada has the riding comfort of a sedan, but it's a pick-up so in terms of payload, ideal pangkarga sa mga beuaty/pageant contestants (only) during motorcades. :peace:!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    i have a 9 year old fuego. got it brand new and never had any mechanical problems with it after the warranty period. clocked 195,000+ kms on it and runs like it is a few yrs old. sobrang tipid (14 kms/liter city driving). mura pyesa?? hmmmm, i don't know honestly kasi wala pa akong pinalitan na pyesa dito except for shocks. oh, yes, had to replace the grill, hood, some front lights, windhield (because of an accident). i don't think i will ever sell it. for keeps na siguro ito.
    and yes, you won't go wrong with a frontier din siguro. nissans are reliable.

Toyota HILUX and Mazda B-Series pickup trucks are the best!

www.cardomain.com/azzkkr2600

Toyota HILUX & Mazda B-Series pickup trucks are the best!

www.cardomain.com/azzkkr2600

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
The best pickup in terms of durability/reliability?