New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hi Tsikoteers:

I am planning to buy a pick-up and would like to get your suggestions and/or comments on the best pick-up currently in the Philippine market.

Thanks

WiRK

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As with any vehicle, that would depend on your intened usage. There is no 'best' per se, just something that fits your needs [and wants] the best.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, I'd say go with the best vehicle that your pocket could afford. If money were no object, I'll have the shortlist down to the top-of-the-line Toyota Hilux, Isuzu DMAX, and the Mitsubishi Triton (assuming its already available). I think you won't go wrong in choosing either of them.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Many thanks.

I am comparing isuzu dmax 3.0 and toyota hlux d4d 3.0. My heart is divided over which to get after hearing not so good reviews on the d4d engines of toyota.

Do you have any idea which of the two is better in terms of power and diesel consumption?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's September, I'd wait out for the new Mitsubishi Triton due October.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'm kinda 50:50 on the new Mitsu... the rear seat space in the show car wasn't as impressive as in the Hilux, and the bed looks short. But I guess we'll know when it's officially released.

Tama nga, depends on your needs. The Hilux 3.0 should do 7 km/l in traffic and 10+ on the highway. Not sure about the D-Max.

I like the looks of the D-Max better, though, and the squared off cargo area is nice.

Frontier? Baka big discounts.

Ford Ranger, definitely big discounts, supposedly better ride than the others.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    But with traction control (in addtion to ABS and EBD) and a price that undercuts both the Isuzu and Toyota, the Mitsu seems like a good deal.

And most people just carry air in their cargo beds. hehehe. Of course if hauling was a consideration, I'd check first what kind of stuff I'd be hauling.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    thanks for the info bout the triton. we are suppose to be gettin a hilux kaso sa problems sa d4d engine baka mag gas nalang or wait for the mitsubishi.

the one's is saw last nyt sa aurora were two hilux 4x4 without plates and they both have the fortuners rims hehe they looked gud with the fortuner's rims. the current oem rims looks really small. hehehe.

i hope the triton will not encounter problems like the d4d engine. if not, it will surely be a hit! its fully loaded with safety features! its looks are growing on me too hehehe.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Originally Posted by OTEP:

"Doc, si wiretap ang nakakuha. hehehe. Andito pa po yung Land Cruiser, kailangan muna mabenta. Meron palang binebenta yung kamag-anak namin, baka yun na lang kung available pa by the time ma-dispose LC."

Hahaha! Akala ko pa naman nakuha mo na... May lumang patrol din kasi ako yung 96 look pa hanggang ngayon matindi pa rin... Sana makakuha ka nga medyo maganda kasi yan tapos mababa na sa market kaya sulit na sulit ka... ang dami mo pang puedeng ma modify sa rig na yan.

Yung Triton puede na ang presyo! para sa mga features nya 4x4 pa! Sana wag lang kaparis nung dating endeavor nila... at strada. Medyo na disappoint kasi ako sa dati naming Pickup na Mitsu... ang bilis umusok ng makina ng diesel nila parang Isuzu hindi kagaya ng Nissan at Toyota. Sabagay CRDI na rin yata yung makina.

BTW:

UST ka rin pala! Medyo matagal na akong wala dyan... ang dami na palang nabago! Hehehe...

Good luck sa Patrol! PM mo ko pag nakakuha na.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Triton has been out since August 2005, so far wala naman problems in other markets. Sana wala din sa atin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The best pick-up in the Philippine market