New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hi Tsikoteers:

I am planning to buy a pick-up and would like to get your suggestions and/or comments on the best pick-up currently in the Philippine market.

Thanks

WiRK

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As with any vehicle, that would depend on your intened usage. There is no 'best' per se, just something that fits your needs [and wants] the best.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, I'd say go with the best vehicle that your pocket could afford. If money were no object, I'll have the shortlist down to the top-of-the-line Toyota Hilux, Isuzu DMAX, and the Mitsubishi Triton (assuming its already available). I think you won't go wrong in choosing either of them.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Many thanks.

I am comparing isuzu dmax 3.0 and toyota hlux d4d 3.0. My heart is divided over which to get after hearing not so good reviews on the d4d engines of toyota.

Do you have any idea which of the two is better in terms of power and diesel consumption?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's September, I'd wait out for the new Mitsubishi Triton due October.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'm kinda 50:50 on the new Mitsu... the rear seat space in the show car wasn't as impressive as in the Hilux, and the bed looks short. But I guess we'll know when it's officially released.

Tama nga, depends on your needs. The Hilux 3.0 should do 7 km/l in traffic and 10+ on the highway. Not sure about the D-Max.

I like the looks of the D-Max better, though, and the squared off cargo area is nice.

Frontier? Baka big discounts.

Ford Ranger, definitely big discounts, supposedly better ride than the others.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    But with traction control (in addtion to ABS and EBD) and a price that undercuts both the Isuzu and Toyota, the Mitsu seems like a good deal.

And most people just carry air in their cargo beds. hehehe. Of course if hauling was a consideration, I'd check first what kind of stuff I'd be hauling.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Isuzu DMAX does 9km/l normal driving in the city and 12km/l in the highway. Based on an AT Dmax.

I think the MT does 12km/l in the city and 14km/l in highway conditions. DMAX ako but the triton seems to offer the best deal on paper...wait ka nalang kaunti pa.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kung may traction control, ABS and EBD, Mitsubishi for the win.

Tama naman, if you're buying a modern pick-up, you're not looking at hauling lumber. If you are, secondhand nalang...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    damx ka nalng... lakas ng torque and power ng engine.. ok pang haul kahit ano and just the right height for a pickup... mine can go 10-12km/l city driving and 15 sa highway.... kahit malaki engine nya... matipid parin sa diesel... and trusty tlaga ang engine ng isuzu kahit hindi pa crdi.. it can compete with the hillux and the upcoming strada...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
The best pick-up in the Philippine market