New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ganito kasi yan......

Uso sa France(if i recall correctly) dati, horse drawn carriages where the driver sits on the carriage itself. so walang kaso if the driver whips the horse using the right hand coz he wont hit the passengers. Therefore they went LHD.

In the England naman, uso yung carriages where the rider actually sits on the horse and not the carriage. Since this is the case, when the rider has to whip the poor horse, tatamaan sa muka yung mga pasahero. To alleviate this, the rider must sit on the right side so that the whipping motion wont hit the passengers who were on the carriage.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    if my memory serves me right, we used to be right hand drive and was change during the american regime.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I dont think we had cars BEFORE the americans came around.
    Last edited by pajerokid; December 22nd, 2003 at 07:26 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    22Dec2003 (UTC -8)

Originally posted by Olive Drab
    bakit di nalang lahat Left-Hand-Drive or Right-Hand-Drive?
    which is more common among countries worldwide?
    alin sa palagay ninyo mas tama?
    just curious...
    LHD rules 'coz we drive on the *right* side of the road ;) Besides, who invented the car? And first to mass-produce it?

LHD is in China, 'Pinas, and the Arab countries, as well as most of Europe, N. and S America, and many parts of Africa. RHD is mostly by the Brits and the Commonwealth nations.

But when you're off-road, it doesn't matter if LHD or RHD :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im with you drexx

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    then why not make cars that are MHD Mid hand drive?

para mas madali ang importacion ng mga auto sa subic!

I think RHD nga tayo noong araw, Nauna na ding dumating ang brits dito kaysa kano, yun nga lang binalik tayo sa mga kastila!

kaya eto tayo ngayon hehehehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys, anong taon tayo sinakop ng brits? May auto na ba non? May LHD at RHD ba kabayo? hehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may nabasa ako article sa magazine noon kase daw sa Europe yung daanan ng mga Horse drawn carriage nasa may left side ng road tapos nakasanayan na nila na daanan yung left side ng mga tao. So nung gumawa na nga mga oto dun inadapt pa rin yung old system kaya RHD ilang vehicles sa Europe.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May mga RHD nga dito nung araw. Nakita ko sa mga lumang larawan sa museo. hehehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang China ba RHD or LHD standard?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
bakit may LHD and RHD pa?