New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Madami ding mga Chevy Astro dun saka mga Suburban na Chicano ang porma. hehehehe. Matatawa ka na lang pag nakita mo.

Although may ibang rules din na kailangan i-adopt sa Japan before an LHD vehicle can be sold like dapat dilaw ang signal lamps when lit and dapat tucked ang tires under the fender (with allowance). Kaya ng mga Vette dun may fender flares pa.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Drexx
    29Dec2003 (UTC -8)

Nope, hindi lang po sa Pinas. Dito sa USA, may mga RHD din sa highway kung minsan. I saw an old Land Rover D90 once, while a good buddy owns a Land Cruiser from Australia....
    thats interesting.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by pajerokid
    (Walang Lexus sa Japan)
    walang lexus brand sa japan pero halos lahat ng lexus model sa US meron equivalent sa toyota. like the old lexus (late 90's) models, if memory can still recall the exact models:

lexus LS400 (LHD) = toyota celsior (RHD)
    lexus LS300 (LHD) = toyota windom (RHD)
    lexus ES (?)300 (LHD) = toyota soarer (RHD)
    lexus T(?)450 (LHD) = toyota landcruiser (RHD)
    lexus (????) (LHD) = toyota RAV4 (RHD)

...and so on....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    madali sigurong i-convert yung Toyota Echo
    kasi nas center ang instrumentation
    manibela nalang at glove box ang ililipat.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    karamihan dati dito sa pinas ang mga trucks ang RHD coz ito lang ang mga binibiling surplus dati... pero nung binawal at nauso ang subic dumami ang conversion at lahat na ng klaseng RHD ang nagsipasukan sa pinas hehe...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    explorer,

Yup, there are JDM equivalents to Lexus models. But for the Japanese, it is extremely cool to be driving around in a 'real' Lexus (yung LHD).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by OTEP
    explorer,

Yup, there are JDM equivalents to Lexus models. But for the Japanese, it is extremely cool to be driving around in a 'real' Lexus (yung LHD).
    yup, i agree. it's the prestige that they get for driving a japanese brand that is able to beat the american luxury brands and even compete head to head with some german luxury brands. japanese people love to see/feel/touch/taste what is the most popular/reputable brand in the world specially if is a brand that is owned by a japanese corporation. there was a time that although the toyota equivalent was more fully packed with added features (voice activated/command navigator/tv/etc.) and was higher in terms of quality (being made in japan) compared to lexus (which is made in usa) but some japanese people insist i buying the lexus brand because they know that its the brand that they can be proud of (being able to beat the americans and compete with germans).
    Last edited by explorer; January 3rd, 2004 at 07:45 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by OTEP
    Actually, even when people were still walking , may orientation na. Something about being able to draw your sword in some cultures. Yung sa ibang culture hindi ko maalala ang reason. Parating pinapalabas sa cable iyan dati, eh.

yep!

http://www.2pass.co.uk/goodluck.htm

http://www.2pass.co.uk/japan.htm

:car:

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    someone mentioned to me that BMW does no manufacture RHD cars. is that true?

mukhang mahirap naman sila maka penetrate ng japanese and British market kung ganun.

i think we are the only country in the world that does not allow the opposite type driven car to run on our highways. i guess tama yung sinabi kanina, kahit saan mo pa ilagay ang upuan, marami pa ring tarantado na driver dito sa atin.

andy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
bakit may LHD and RHD pa?