New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    snyc3: bro pitman arm yun

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    ako naman, its purely psychological. once a week, i drive an 80 km round trip to go scuba diving. this is on a two lane road lang (one each way) and it has a lot of curves. I just want the confidence na di "retoke" ang kotse ko when i take those curves.

yun lang

and for me, my peace of mind is worth the additional 100 to 200 thousand when i decided between a converted and a local gen 2 pajero

andy

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    what if kung converted Driver?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by vinj
    ...This is one of the scary thoughts that enter my mind whenever i happen by a Delica or convertd SUV speeding down the NLEX (and they always seem to pick on my lil old pick-up, tinututukan ako lagi)
    ang aangas nga magdrive ng mga naka converted vans and SUVs :mad:
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    tama. nasa driver nga yun. pero there are instances na mechanical failure din ng vehicle mapa LHD or converted RHD. in my parlance, mas high-risk ang converted.

6. Jj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    If i am not mistaken... a Converted van fell of a ravine near the lions head in kennon road a few months back...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    just another input. kung city driving lang sguro (low speed) i might consider a converted unit. Or maybe one of those 3 door safari's and set it up for off roading. wild siguro yon

andy

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ECG
    just read an article that headlights should also be adjusted when converting a RHD to LHD.
    Mas maganda palitan na lang. Baligtad kasi yong ARC (I don't know the right term for this). This is also true sa mga aux lights with H4 bulbs - I ended up replacing the whole thing save for the lamp stay

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    It is with the driver, the road condition, and the vehicles condition. This is what I learned from Lichauco's Defensive Driving Seminar

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by boybi
    ang aangas nga magdrive ng mga naka converted vans and SUVs :mad:
    Nakakatakot pa naman sa NLEX ngayon is mas malaki ang chance mag turn turtle with the new smooth roads and higher banking of the road from the center lane.

Should one decide to get a converted vehicle, take the time and effort to bring it to a trusted shop to change all the important parts and have the other parts TIG/MIG welded. My dad and i were thinking of getting one of those two door Paje's or Prados before but we can only get as an extra project car (disassemble and redo the conversion work)... if the cost of this is all added up, it will be almost the same or even more than purchasing a local LHD SUV na 2nd hand.

I remember before na kasama ko si pareng Glennster papuntang Subic. When i was already doing around 140 on the viaduct (where the car goes up and down already due to the uneven road), he mentioned that he would never dare do that with a converted vehicle.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Accidents involving converted vehicles