New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. FrankDrebin Guest
    DUI - Driving under the Influence of Drugs

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi ko pa gaano alam ang mga exact details since hindi ko pa sila nakakausap personally. i was away the whole day yesterday and this morning. when my parents visited the family last night, they were all crying and hindi pa makausap ng mabuti. i will try to visit the site of the accident later and see if the cars are still there.
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    hmmm kawawa naman yung pamilya... carefull lang talaga and konting ingat sa pag maneho.. napaisip tuloy ako. converted pa naman yung 3dr ko..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this is really sad, condolence to the family. tsk..tsk...sometimes those things really happen.

re: to converted SUV's, if we have one or plan to get one soon, pls do check the vehicle 1st before using it in the public. we have lots of converted vehicles also in the province, we sell some, but before using it or selling it, we really make sure na its in good condition, we have our own shop in there and private mechanic who does all the job well, as in tangal lahat, re weld,re wire and everything, so far so good, lahat naman ng units ok. dapat lang talaga ayusin muna. safety 1st...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sad to hear about the death of the child..
    wag na sana maulit.

we can't conclude kung ano nga ba yung cause...
    whatever it is..
    its a wake up call not only for people with converted units..
    but for all of us..
    dapat in-shape lahat tayo sa daan..
    both driver and vehicle..
    para naman walang ganitong mga pangyayari.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    san banda nangyari yung accident?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by r6
    san banda nangyari yung accident?
    along macarthur highway, tarlac
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganito yung nangyari:

the car (toyota corolla) was travelling on the southbound lane of macarthur highway when a bus overtook them. the LC was travelling on the opposite direction and was almost hit by the bus while overtaking. the bus was able to return to its lane (southbound) but the LC was already swaying left and right and hit the corolla very hard.

the 3yr old boy was DOA at the hospital. the 4 yr old boy is now out of danger and is already jumping and running with only a blackeye. the mother was flown by chopper to cardinal santos hospital. she can speak now but at a very slow pace. she still don't know that one of her son was already dead.

i don't know what happened to the occupants of the LC.
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    DUI = Driving Under Influence... of liquor or any banned substances.

I also need to react. I have a big horn, of course converted. Sa pangalan lang eh, ewan ko ba sinong hapon ang nagisip ng big horn. Parang bastos minsan ang dating. Anyway back to the topic, we all condole with the family and malungkot nga yung nangyari. Just have some comments:

1. Buying a car, especially a 2nd hand unit puts a lot of responsibility on the buyer. Syempre pag nabenta na nung seller yung kotse responsibility na ng new owner yan. Road worthy ba? I think the risk is almost the same sa isang local unit na hindi na maintain tapos binili at hindi pinaayos vis-a-vis a converted unit na hindi tama conversion. Malaki talaga responsibility ng kahit sinong driver/owner. Sa sarili niya, sa pasahero niya at sa ibang motorista.

2. We are very sorry for the family but tanong ko lang, bakit pina-upo yung bata sa harapan. Malaki kasalanan nung nakabangga but same goes dun sa nagpa-upo sa bata dun sa harap. I think this is one thing we have to correct. Madaming pilipino hindi safety conscious. If you can bench press 3000 lbs then you can stop yourself from hitting the windshield pag may bumangga sa iyo. Otherwise buckle up and wag kang magsama ng bata sa harap.

3. Sana we can get more details sa nangyari sa aksidente to clear things up.

4. Ten units pinagpilian ko before I decided to buy. Even up to now Im still checking my rig, especially on the installation of the steering gear box. My wife uses this car and I cant afford for her to figure in an accident. I will check again this weekend. I did a complete suspension check before I went to Ilocos/Baguio 3 months ago.

5. Ano ginagawa ng government natin to check the road worthiness of these converted units? Wala.

6. Dami na ng converted vehicles, sana we can help out as an organization (loose as it is) to regulate the use & sale (road worthiness, maintenance) of these vehicles. Wala naman sigurong gustong maaksidente.

Kailangan lang ilabas. IMHO lang po!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
accident caused by converted SUV