New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we cannot conclude that the accident is cause by the CONVERSION unless there will be an investigation.

losing control after braking happens to many vehicles.
    but, conversion is one possible reason.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hinde kasi dapat pinapaupo un bata sa harapan..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    condolence, dapat nga pinapacheck ng owner yung unit after this is bought, para maging safe yung user and yung mga tao on road with him,
    when i got my paj na converted, 6mos ko iniiwan sa pagawaan, nde ko ginamit for the 1st 6mos. kasi ayaw ko din maaksidente kaya i wanted to be sure...when buying converted units, my usual attitude is total cost = price of the converted unit + 100kpesos for the repairs to be done... sana ganun din iba tao..bawal bara bara ang conversion eh...dami buhay nakasalalay dun...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tsk tsk tsk....

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    I can't help but react.............Di lang talaga maganda yung pagka-convert sa safari or LC kaya nagdisgrasya........Kawawa talaga yung namatayan.........

My present ride is a converted jeep. Di lang yung steering ang nilipat kundi pati yung column type na transmission na-convert to a standard one pero reversed H sya (yung primera right side up). 1995 pa yung ride ko pero as of now wala pa naman naging problema due to my consistent check-up of everything.

When we buy converted vehicles we should be cautious and take the necessary steps to strengthen and reinforce the parts na importante like steering and suspension. Daily check-up of the chassis is very important kahit pang city driving or pang off road ang ride natin.

We can't say na when we buy a converted vehicle accident prone na ito. Still the owner has a big role in keeping his/her ride safe. Kaya I commend sir bubbles for taking the right measures to reinforce his ride............sana ganun lahat tayo at turuan din natin ang mga friends and relatives natin to do the same......... God bless to all!!!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    -How was the weather at the time prior the accident took place?

-What kind of tires was it using?

-We cannot simply rule out driver's error on this matter, was he intoxicated or DUI?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the big question is "Was the convertion the cause of the accident?" our vitara was also converted but i made it sure that it wont cause any accidents by dismantling the whole steering system and checked its alingment and its strong and weak points, and put it all together. kasalan din naman kung minsan ng driver kung hindi sya marunong makiramdam ng sira o masisira sa sasakyan. ang alam lang kasi sumakay at magdrive...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Boybi, initial reaction ko is magmura after reading that the boy died. Also have a 3 yr. old son. I can't imagine how the mother and father feels, how they will spend the days ahead without their 3 yr.old.

I remember the movie Lord of The Rings Twin Towers when the King's son died and he said "No Father Should Have to Bury His Child".

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    IMO, there is a big risk if you buy converted cars or SUVs. I always say to myself that doing serious modification to the original design, specially to the steering system, is not roadworthy. I'm not a mechanic that's why I relay much on the design of the vehicle. I just can't put the safety of my family at risk -- it's better to be sure than sorry. I agree with Bubbles that if you do not understand the engineering principles (like me), better get a local vehicle.

My condolences po sa mga namatayan.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by GlennSter
    baka naman iba din ang dahilan...baka naman nag lock na ung breaks..tapos nawalan nag control...which is possible kahit sa local cars....

dapat imbestigahang mabuti kung ano talaga ang cause.
    i have experienced wheel locking a couple of times with my civic sir before, some led to accidents also. in my experience, when the wheels lock when breaking hard, the car just goes straight, not swaying left and right.

Originally posted by Ungas
    -How was the weather at the time prior the accident took place?

-What kind of tires was it using?

-We cannot simply rule out driver's error on this matter, was he intoxicated or DUI?
    yesterday, it was raining all over luzon. i don't know the tires, and the condition of the driver of the suv. whats DUI?

Originally posted by odell
    hinde kasi dapat pinapaupo un bata sa harapan..
    tama ka dyan. yan din ang problem ko, pero at least walang passenger side airbag yung patrol ko and mataas ang dashboard so lessened ang chance na tumalsik sa windshield ang bata in an accident. padded din yung dashboard, so medyo malambot.
    dito sa 2nd son ko, bibili na ako ng child seat for the back para hindi masanay umupo sa harap.
    Signature

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
accident caused by converted SUV