New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by garyq
    maiba ako ng konti. Afra, ganda ng mga pix nyo sa hipeaks. Kaya kaya ng bighorn ko yun kahit naka matic?

OT
    Afra - ako kaya ito? hmmm... anyways, kayang- kaya , except for the tires H/T rated kaya na flat siya nun nasa peak na kami.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just read boybi's 1st post.

kawawa naman mga yun. the eldest is just a year younger than my eldest. buti nalang nung naghahanap ako I made up my mind na hindi talaga ako kukuha ng converted for the sake of my family baka kung ano pa mangyari. tempting nga ang prices but I wonder why anyone would risk other people's lives, and their family's and their own lives as well...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Bubbles
    No offense taken. Most converters ang mechanics for that matter, don't really care if the have done the job right. basta umaandar ngayon. Bahala na bukas. And this is why I do all the work myself.

Ill be honest, no offense to Jappy. If I wasn't doing my own repairs, di ko makikita na nagcrack na chassis ko. So now I'm helping redesign the Hammer. Kasi yung unit ko ang bugbog sa off road, we base corrections, weak points, strong points on my vehicle.

I suggest din for those dring converts, to check or have their vehicle checked by someone whom they trust and know what they are doing.
    no offense taken Bubbles.
    =)
    chief test mechanic namin si rod.
    on call, pag walang ginagawa.
    hehehe.

about the accident.
    my deepest condolence to the family of the victim.
    hope the other party wont run away from their responsibilities.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From the posted narration it looks to me like driver error. Madali talaga mag-lockup ang SUV sa road lalo na kung naka A/T or M/T tires tapos hard braking... Mataas kasi ang center of gravity kaya malakas din ang nosedive, lalo na kung naka-lift pa.

My guess is the LC driver braked and tried to avoid the bus, and then lost control of his car.

Locking up under breaking if pointed straight at the time of lockup the car continue to go straight and wont respond to any steering input until you back off the brakes and the tires turn again. If there is steering input at the time of lockup the vehicle will start to spin in the direction of the last steering input and wont respond to countersteering opposite lock until the tires regain grip.

Everyone should try driving circuit -- what you learn there can save your life on the streets.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Originally posted by OTEP
    Yung sinasabing 'check' ng LTO is meant to kill the importation of ex-JDM vehicles. Bawal ang baligtad ang wiper and bawal ang nasa kaliwa lang ang sliding door.
    otep - totoo ba to? di puwedeng irehistro pag nasa kaliwa yung sliding door? pano yung mga vans such as Delica, Mistral, Serena RVR from Japan na nasa kaliwa ang ang sliding door?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir ownertype,

Proposal pa lang po iyan. Nabasa ko sa diyaryo. Pati yung baligtad ang lens pattern ng ilaw at baligtad ang orientation ng wipers hindi din pwede.

Ewan ko ba. Siguro mga future units na lang ang covered.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sana nga otep, wawa naman kami nakabili nga mga converted vans and SUVs. Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My unsolicited opinion and kinda offtopic.....

It's the LTO's fault that we have so many non-compliant vehicles around. Besides those imported lens patterns that blind oncoming drivers with low beams pa lang, havent you noticed that our friggin jeepneys have friggin BATTERING RAMS for front bumpers?! So much for crumple zones. And also, ang daming decrepit na auto na nagkalat! Actually, illegal yan e. Kya lang, no one seems to care about laws these days...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    every month there are incidents of trucks crashing sa highways due to convertions that failed... what makes SUV's any different?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
accident caused by converted SUV