New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    i think buses and trucks must have speed limiters so that driver can't drive their vehicles hard and fast. everytime i drive along edsa and sometimes in highways this huge vehicles does'nt care to other small vehicle. its like they own the road that they can cut you or do anything they want. driving a big vehicle such as buses and trucks is more dangerous when it is driven fast. because they can't brake instantly. i think lto should think about this.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Speed limiters won't do much if buses are allowed to weave in and out of their lanes with impunity.

We need tougher, even draconian laws to deal with puv traffic violators such as these. My suggestion? Since public utility drivers are supposed to exercise extraordinary diligence in transporting their passengers or cargo, they should be made to answer for heavier penalties.

Dunno if my fellow tsikoteers would agree but I'd be advocating a very harsh penalty of CASTRATION for repeat offenders of traffic violations. Tignan ko lang kung hindi tumino ang mga buwisit na 'yan.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    ...We need tougher, even draconian laws to deal with puv traffic violators such as these...
    Oh yes... I suggest a Shoot-Your-Favorite-PUV-Driver Day, every month.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    [SIZE=3]1. Dapat babaan yung hp & torque, na tipo bang pati sila magdadalawang isip kung basta nalang hihinto kasi kapag nawalan ng bwelo forever na silang maghihintay bago makabalik sa tamang speed. Bale sitting duck sa mga manghuhuling MMDA. Magsama sama na sila.

2. Tanggalan ng power steering, pabigatin pa nga if possible para hindi basta basta makaswerve. Mahina na torque, bigat pa ng manibela, eh goodluck sa kanila.

3. PUV lane, ala yellow lane tapos strict ang implementation. Basta lumabas, huli. Kung pwede lang ibarikada na sila para sila sila nalang magkaharangan at magkaubusan ng oras mas mabuti. Mapipilitan silang matuto kasi kung lahat sila barumbado di na sila gagalaw.

[/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    One of the best solution siguro is to follow the rules ng ibang country (the developed ones) kung saan naka schedule lahat ng stops nila. Kaya kasi matulin bus natin dito e nag uunahan sa pasahero & para makarami sila ng trip. Kung naka schedule yung trips for different routes & susundin ng mga bus yung order ng trip nila (a specific trip number that can be applied to any bus for a specific time & route). Sa UK, even US and Hongkong, I think, follow this, may number yung bus nila tapos that bus can only stop at a predetermined time, + or - 10 minutes siguro, at specified bus stops only. Yung pasahero naman waits at the bus stop for a specific bus number that is going to or near his destination. Naka list naman sa bus stops yung sked and the stops. Yung bus only opens its doors sa bus stop na dapat hintuan, not like here where almost all the buses stop at all the stops, even sa hindi bus stop tapos nagbababa pa sa gitna ng kalsada.
    In fairness to the LTFRB (or LTO), meron na silang similar plan, pero initially i unify muna nila lahat ng bus companies. Unfortunately, yung mga hinayupak na owners, particularly yung sa Metro Manila, na gahaman din sa pera, ayaw mag cooperate kasi nga mababawasan kita nila & most likely baka mapilitan pa sila magbawas ng bus. Siyempre after a series of bribes (maybe) mapilitan naman yung concerned agencies to listen & consider yung kapakanan ng bus owners. Which is unfair because yung safety ng riding public and other road users ang dapat i prioritize, not the bus owners. Di rin naman yata sila malulugi because sandamakmak ang tao sa metro, gahaman lang talaga siguro.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Oh yes... I suggest a Shoot-Your-Favorite-PUV-Driver Day, every month.

Wag naman. It'll create a mess on the roads and you'll have to hire people to clean up the roadkill. Hehe!

Seriously, if law enforcement officers keep treating PUV drivers with kid gloves, we'll have drivers with systemic and culturally-ingrained mentality of impunity and pure disregard of traffic laws. Pustahan tayo if we threaten these drivers with castration mabilis pa sa alas-kwatro ang pag-sunod ng mga 'yan sa batas trapiko.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post

... Pustahan tayo if we threaten these drivers with castration mabilis pa sa alas-kwatro ang pag-sunod ng mga 'yan sa batas trapiko.
    Certified Deputized Civilian Kit for Instant, Mess-free PUV-Driver Castration = big seller sa Home Shopping Network.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    ^ Agree with you sboogie. It will somehow reduce their ability to weave into traffic in as much as they can.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    60 Kph is too slow lalo na pag nasa NLEX and SLEX. 80 Kph siguro. Sa city, ok na ang 60 Kph

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    it starts at LTO.. 80% of PUV drivers would not pass if they are made to take an exam... PUV drivers should be made to take the exams just like nurzes are made to take board exams.. after all driving is a life and death sittuations too.. dnt you think?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
60kph Speed Limiter for Buses and Trucks