New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Just curious, what do you call that device that quite a lot of jeepneys have, which make a tweeting sound when they step on the brakes?

It's sounds sort of like a Blow-off Valve, without the air so it's mostly just a whistling high-pitched sound. Anyone know what it's called and how it works?

Yes sir, sa brake nga yun, bale kase modified na yung mga brake karamihan ng jeepneys natin, di siya hydrovac, D5 tawag sa brake system na yun, semi airbrake, sa malalaking truck nkakakabit yun pero yung jeepneys yun na gamit, kaya nagtweet yun kase nilagyan nilang hose yung exhaust ng valve, para maporma daw hehehe, alam mo yung hose ng electrical? yun nilalagay nila try mo hipan yung hose na yun ganun ang tunog nun, sa bigat kase ng body ng jeepney yun na gngamit nila na break system, malakas pa sa break ng car yun!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Last week went to Iloilo take some shots of their jeepneys which can accomodate aroung 28-30? I guess

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    well, their jeepneys' front grille are a rip-off the popular vehicles we have here, hehe

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kihtmaine View Post
    Last week went to Iloilo take some shots of their jeepneys which can accomodate aroung 28-30? I guess

Yes, sometimes it's more than, pati kase roof, may pasahero or may goods, heavy duty pa, bilib ako sa tibay....di mahigpit sa overloading sila dyan

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by KIANTOT View Post
    Yes, sometimes it's more than, pati kase roof, may pasahero or may goods, heavy duty pa, bilib ako sa tibay....di mahigpit sa overloading sila dyan
    So true pati sa bubong niload nila ng mga goods.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Ngayon bihira mo na din makita overloaded mga jeepney dito, simula ng ngkaroon ng "'RO-RO''.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Pampalit ng jeepney...

[SIZE=5]The i-VAN: People mover[/SIZE]

Malaya Business insights
    Business Insight | Motoring

Isuzu Philippines Corp. (IPC) on Friday launched the Isuzu NHR w/ i-VAN body option, a truck converted and modified into a van, seen to boost the all-commercial vehicle assembler’s product lineup.

Geared mostly as shuttle service, i-VAN is mounted on the best-selling Isuzu NHR light truck to produce a more versatile, more functional tool for any service-oriented business.

IPC sees the Isuzu NHR with i-VAN body option as a business partner that is cost-effective and profit-generating.

Art Balmadrid, senior vice president of IPC, said the company targets to sell 100 units per month of the i-VAN.

Balmadrid said i-VAN has as much as 60 percent local content.

IPC’s partner for the i-VAN, body builder Centro Manufacturing Corp. (CMC) provides for the body of i-VAN.

The truck body alone has about 50 percent local content with some of the parts imported from Indonesia.

According to Balmadrid, the company is subsidizing the assembly of the i-VAN for it to be price competitive with other vans that are being used as shuttle service.

i-VAN is being sold for P1.264 million.

Ryoji Yamazaki, president of IPC said in his welcome remarks that the Isuzu NHR w/ i-VAN body option is the company’s answer to the growing requirements of Filipinos when it comes to people transport.

" Building upon Isuzu’s global reputation for creating the world’s toughest and most reliable commercial vehicles, we now turn our attention to catering to the transportation needs of Filipino commuters. The local landscape is indeed changing, and as transport needs become more demanding, we want to be the companion that working motorists can rely on," Yamazaki said.

As a people mover, it is the ideal vehicle of choice as a company and tourist van; utility-vehicle express; school bus; and even as an ambulance.

Inside the NHR chassis is a heart powered by Isuzu’s unsurpassed diesel engine technology. It is a vehicle combination that can do it all.

Yamazaki said the Isuzu NHR w/ i-VAN body option evolved from the Isuzu NHR platform that is known for its world- class durability, reliability, and fuel efficiency—the perfect business partner. The Isuzu N-Series light- duty trucks have dominated global, as well as domestic, sales.

In the Philippines, it has been topping the Category III, or light-duty segment, since 1999.

"This only proves the continued trust and confidence of Filipinos in the Isuzu brand," Yamazaki said.

For the i-VAN, IPC partnered with established Filipino body builder CMC in developing a vehicle that represents quality and dependability.

Powered by the proven 2.8-liter 4JB1-TC with inter-cooler diesel engine, the NHR commands 91 ps power and 20.0 kg-m of torque, thanks in part to Isuzu’s tried and tested direct-injection technology. A smooth five-speed manual transmission with overdrive complements the fuel-efficient 4JB1.

In the 2010 Isuzu Challenge edition, the NHR yielded an impressive 12.965 kilometers for every liter under normal driving conditions. It is also Euro 2 compliant.

The Isuzu NHR already boasts 3-point emergency locking retractor seat belt; fuel lid with key lock; highly rigid frame; 2-jet nozzle with intermittent wiper; 90-degree door opening for easy ingress and egress; anti-slip aluminum step; power steering and tilting; all-around visibility, laminated green wind shield glass; and, large side view mirrors. Ride is made more passenger-friendly with the improved flex-ride suspension to swing the ride balance toward comfort.

Inside, its individual fabric-covered seats with assist grips and pockets have thick cushions. This is unlike the vinyl-covered, center-facing bench seats found in most shuttle vans. A factory-installed air-conditioning system extends up to the rear, equally distributing cool air to the entire passenger cabin. Music is delivered by a four-speaker AM/FM stereo system with an in-dash CD player.

The new Isuzu NHR w/ i-VAN body option, a comfortable vehicle that can seat 12 or 16 or even 18 full-sized adults and can even accommodate cargo of 1.5 tons. Powered by the proven 2.8-liter 4JB1-TC with intercooler diesel engine, the NHR commands 91 ps power and 20.0 kg-m of torque, thanks in part to Isuzu’s tried and tested direct-injection technology. A smooth five-speed manual transmission with overdrive complements the fuel-efficient 4JB1.

In the 2010 Isuzu Challenge edition, the NHR yielded an impressive 12.965 kilometers for every liter under normal driving conditions. It is also Euro 2 compliant.

The Isuzu NHR already boasts 3-point emergency locking retractor seat belt; fuel lid with key lock; highly rigid frame; 2-jet nozzle with intermittent wiper; 90-degree door opening for easy ingress and egress; anti-slip aluminum step; power steering and tilting; all-around visibility, laminated green wind shield glass; and, large side view mirrors. Ride is made more passenger-friendly with the improved flex-ride suspension to swing the ride balance toward comfort.

Inside, its individual fabric-covered seats with assist grips and pockets have thick cushions. This is unlike the vinyl-covered, center-facing bench seats found in most shuttle vans. A factory-installed airconditioning system extends up to the rear, equally distributing cool air to the entire passenger cabin. Music is delivered by a four-speaker AM/FM stereo system with an in-dash CD player. Even the floors are fully-covered, a touch of luxury unheard of in other shuttle buses. Handsome alloy wheels with 225/70 R15 radial tires round off the exterior.

The Isuzu NHR w/ i-VAN body option maintains the same NHR gross vehicle weight of 3.8 tons. Over-all length is 5,025 mm and over-all height is 2,092 mm—still class 1 on major tollways.

The Isuzu NHR w/ i-VAN body option are available in different applications: passenger van, cargo van, school bus, and ambulance, among other variants.

"The local landscape is indeed changing, and as transport needs become more demanding, we want to be the companion that working motorists can rely on," Yamazaki said.

Raphael Juan, President of CMC, expressed, "We are so confident in the i-VAN that we already invested in an entirely new production line--complete with the necessary facilities dedicated solely to its production and assembly--in our Maguyam, Cavite plant. Our company’s ISO certification will ensure that our plant will produce quality Centro i-VANs. We are even raising the bar a bit more by currently pursuing a higher TS 16949 accreditation. In all of these pursuits for product excellence, I am sure that the buying public will be the ultimate beneficiaries of our company’s locally-assembled quality products like the Centro i-VAN."

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    double post

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    PICTURE:

The thing is, won't it still be too expensive to be a serious replacement to the jeepney with a price tag of P1.2M?

For other purposes like people mover or small tourist bus or even ambulance, I just wonder if the adjustments to the truck suspension is really enough to make it more comfortable?

But this is a nice alternative to the overpriced TOYOTA HIACE GRANDIA which sells for between P1.4M to P1.7M and seats 11 people.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; August 6th, 2011 at 01:04 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    nung bata pako may mga mini bus sa kalsada. makukulay at malalakas ang sounds...sana yun ang ibalik. tapos may aircon.

The Philippine Jeepney...